Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 36 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 35 36
R
R
You can respond that

Yes, your affair hurts the kids and me. We have all been punished by it.

M
M
Originally Posted by SFL
He just texted again saying:

"What do you get out of punishing me this way? It hurts me. It hurts the kids. And it hurts you. Why? I just want to know?"

"just know that I love you and would never punish you. All my love, SFL"

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
SFL Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Should I respond with both "Yes, your affair hurts the kids and me. We have all been punished by it." AND Just know that I love you and would never punish you. All my love, SFL"?

BS
2 kids- 10yo DS, 5yo DD
Divorced since 12/11/15
S
SFL Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Sorry- I'm just now to the point where I'm going to do EXACTLY what you guys say ha. Just want to get it right. wink

BS
2 kids- 10yo DS, 5yo DD
Divorced since 12/11/15
M
M
Originally Posted by SFL

Should I respond with both "Yes, your affair hurts the kids and me. We have all been punished by it." AND Just know that I love you and would never punish you. All my love, SFL"?

sounds great!!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by SFL
Sorry- I'm just now to the point where I'm going to do EXACTLY what you guys say ha. Just want to get it right. wink

I am SO RELIEVED!! You picked the right time to get on board because it is real hard to navigate the fogbabble when you are under assault. WE can help so much because we are not hampered by emotional duress! You are doing great! hug

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by SFL
Ok- latest latest nonsense is that he is going to talk to his boss on Tuesday. He said he is going to tell him "what he did" (which probably means he'll say he was helping her out and didn't sleep with her and just stayed at her place) and see what the consequences are. He said he will probably get fired but maybe not because he'd like to stay and work. So he is taking back the agreement of leaving gracefully.

Help frown

Do you see how this was a RUSE to get you to drop this? He never intended on telling them the truth.

Exposure 101

S
SFL Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I am SO RELIEVED!! You picked the right time to get on board because it is real hard to navigate the fogbabble when you are under assault. WE can help so much because we are not hampered by emotional duress! You are doing great! hug

THANK YOU!! So when will I be implementing Plan B? I'd love to pack up his stuff and send to UT already.... Do I do this week?

Last edited by SFL; 05/26/14 04:57 PM.

BS
2 kids- 10yo DS, 5yo DD
Divorced since 12/11/15
M
M
Originally Posted by SFL

THANK YOU!! So when will I be implementing Plan B? I'd love to pack up his stuff and send to UT already.... Do I do this week?

I would start making plans to go into Plan B. You have to work out a lot of details, such as the intermediary, handling child exchanges so you don't see him and he doesn't come inside. Go read through this thread and start writing your letter and putting your plan together. How to Plan B

Exposure 101

M
M
I want to see how things play out tomorrow, but I am thinking it would be a good idea to go into Plan B this week. Do you have someone who would be willing to handle child exchanges?

Exposure 101

S
SFL Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I want to see how things play out tomorrow, but I am thinking it would be a good idea to go into Plan B this week. Do you have someone who would be willing to handle child exchanges?

I do! Just have to re-do my Plan B letter will work on it tonight.
Will also be having help to pack up his things. Even though I believe he's going to be avoiding OW's apartment for awhile due to HR paranoia (he's been searching for his own place, )I'd love to send boxes of his crap to her place wink

BS
2 kids- 10yo DS, 5yo DD
Divorced since 12/11/15
S
SFL Offline OP
OP Offline
S
WH's last text:
"Let me figure out an exit plan when I talk to (Boss) tomorrow."

BS
2 kids- 10yo DS, 5yo DD
Divorced since 12/11/15
M
M
Originally Posted by SFL
WH's last text:
"Let me figure out an exit plan when I talk to (Boss) tomorrow."

That is good!! We can see where this goes.

Exposure 101

M
M
Also, have you sent the OW a link to the cheaterville posting? If not, I would do that tonight.

Exposure 101

J
J
Originally Posted by SFL
He just texted again saying:

"What do you get out of punishing me this way? It hurts me. It hurts the kids. And it hurts you. Why? I just want to know?"

Really?
I thought a father abandoning his family to pursue his affair hurt his children and wife!

J
J
Originally Posted by SFL
Ok- I know the purpose of this is to MB but, I'm at a place right now that I think it's best that we aren't together. I think I'd like Plan D. There have been so many lies. So many. Don't think I can ever trust him again. With him in his current job, I know exactly how much I'll get a month and it's a nice amount. Might have to make a few adjustments but it's pretty good.. If he leaves, it could take 3-6 months for him to get something else and that would cut what my kids and I would get significantly. The last 2 times he was between jobs that's how long it took and we had to dwindle our savings. He consulted as well but he got much less. if we D and he's not in his current job and is instead consulting the Alimony/Child Support would be based on his lesser employment and that would not be good as it is now. Is that right?

Please advise. Thank you all so much.

If you want to divorce, you can often make demands that the wayward will agree to and get them met.
Harley discussed this on the Radio once, that a betrayed spouse can in some ways benefit during divorce if the wayward is focused on the affair because they will give up everything to keep the affair as the priority.

S
SFL Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Part of your plan b preps will be to take as much money as possible from your joint funds and put it somewhere safe.

Should I do this before I plan B?

BS
2 kids- 10yo DS, 5yo DD
Divorced since 12/11/15
S
SFL Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
If you want to divorce, you can often make demands that the wayward will agree to and get them met.
Harley discussed this on the Radio once, that a betrayed spouse can in some ways benefit during divorce if the wayward is focused on the affair because they will give up everything to keep the affair as the priority.

JEdi_Knight- do you mean if I don't expose at work?

BS
2 kids- 10yo DS, 5yo DD
Divorced since 12/11/15
J
J
Originally Posted by SFL
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Part of your plan b preps will be to take as much money as possible from your joint funds and put it somewhere safe.

Should I do this before I plan B?

It should be done at the same time.
Any hint of separation or divorce usually results in a race to the bank to withdraw the money first. Dont be the last one there!
Secure the money and place it in a single (your name only) account.

S
SFL Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Also, have you sent the OW a link to the cheaterville posting? If not, I would do that tonight.

Melody Lane- I have not :-/ I don't know why I"m scared of that but I am. It seems 'spiteful' Reaching out to family friends held the "Just trying to salvage our marriage" reasoning much more than a public posting of her on cheaterville....

But of course I would love your insight. smile

BS
2 kids- 10yo DS, 5yo DD
Divorced since 12/11/15
Page 22 of 36 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,097 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation