Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17
A
A
Yes, what Indie said.

When I asked my doctor for anti-depressants, he said my problem was like someone who had a car parked on their foot and wanted something to take away the pain of the car being parked on the foot. He gave me the ADs, but his comments were not lost on me or my husband.

Has your husband gone back to Texas or is he in your local area? Did you let him move back in?

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
R
OP Offline
R
He is in Texas and I have told him he is not welcome here.

Me56
H55
7 Children of mine
(18, 20, 24, 26, 29, 39, 42)
2 Children for my husband
(30, 34)
M
M
Originally Posted by redheadedlady

reedheadedlady, are you ok?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
A
RHLady,

I hope the crises in your family work out soon. Please remember that we care about you and are here for you.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
I
I

OK, great. So what is the purpose of contact? Are you looking at closing off means of communication?

Last edited by indiegirl; 07/02/14 06:13 AM.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

R
OP Offline
R
I have had a long stressful week.

My 29 year old son went to a party last week with people he did not know. He either took or was given some kind of drugs and was having paranoid delusions. He thought people were chasing him.

I took him to the hospital. His blood pressure was 178/108 and his heart rate was 158. He tested positive for marijuana and amphetamines. They gave him 3 doses of Ativan to calm him down but he was delusional for 3 days.

I took off work for a couple of days to be with him at home. It was a very scary time.

Then my 2 year old grandson's mother (she id not my child) had an emergency hearing with Child Protective Services (CPS) on Monday. CPS called me twice because I am the relative placement if anything happens with my grandson. I had custody of him for a short time last year before they returned him to his mother.

The mother keeps disappearing with my grandson. The hearing was to get her contact info. She didn't show up for court but the judge talked to her on the phone. They got her contact info and the judge made arrangements for CPS to visit where she is staying. The judge also told her that if anything else happened that she may remove my grandson from her custody.

My grandson's mother had to go to the ER on Tuesday. She texted me from the ER and told me that her mother had kicked her and my grandson out and she had nowhere to go. I took her to a hotel for the night and took her to a homeless shelter the next day.

I cannot have her in my home because it jeopardizes my standing as relative placement for my grandson.

We live in a small town and I already had information about the shelter. It is a wonderful place. They help the tenants find jobs, apartments, childcare, and they provide transportation for free. I went in and looked the place over and talked to the staff before taking my grandson and his mother there.

It is the first time in a long time that I have felt like my grandson is safe. I have also went back and took them things that they need and showed them around town. I spent several hours with them yesterday.

I went to a cookout yesterday evening but left early because I was not feeling well. Around 11:30 last night I started having horrible chest pain and had my son call an ambulance. It was so bad I was screaming. Then I vomited all over the place and the pain subsided.

The ambulance crew checked me out, said all my vitals were good and I refused transport to the hospital. I went to bed about an hour later after apologizing to my son for scaring him so much. I slept for 12 hours. I have been thoroughly exhausted this week.

My son asked me earlier this week if I would take him to the drive-in this weekend and that is what our plans are for tonight.

My daughter is coming in from Ohio to spend the night with me tomorrow. It seems that I am going to have a full weekend.

My other daughter from Florida will be here next week to finish preparations for her wedding in August. I will get to spend three weeks with her before her wedding. I have a feeling that we will be going non-stop.

Busy life.

Me56
H55
7 Children of mine
(30, 34)
I
I
I'm sorry you've had such a tough week. Please consider taking care of yourself! You can't do much for other people if your health is shaky. Chest pains are no joke. It's worrying you refused treatment and that you got right back on that treadmill. Your daughter's wedding won't be very special if your health collapses.

R
OP Offline
R
I've had chest pain in the past few months. I have had an echocardiogram, stress test, ekg within the past 6 months and they all checked out fine. I believe that I have just had a very long stressful exhausting week.

Me56
H55
7 Children of mine
(30, 34)
I
I
Stress? Well that much is obvious. It's just I don't see how a problem which has plagued you for months was caused during the past week.

However you are a smart woman and are certain to figure it out. I don't think my advice is going to be of any help to an intelligent woman with the best medical advice and the counsel of Dr H available to her so I get off here. However you will remain in my thoughts.

I however do hope you keep someone close to you at the very least in case of another attack.

A
A
I have had a long stressful week.

My 29 year old son went to a party last week with people he did not know. He either took or was given some kind of drugs and was having paranoid delusions. He thought people were chasing him.

I took him to the hospital. His blood pressure was 178/108 and his heart rate was 158. He tested positive for marijuana and amphetamines. They gave him 3 doses of Ativan to calm him down but he was delusional for 3 days.

I took off work for a couple of days to be with him at home. It was a very scary time.

Then my 2 year old grandson's mother (she id not my child) had an emergency hearing with Child Protective Services (CPS) on Monday. CPS called me twice because I am the relative placement if anything happens with my grandson. I had custody of him for a short time last year before they returned him to his mother.

The mother keeps disappearing with my grandson. The hearing was to get her contact info. She didn't show up for court but the judge talked to her on the phone. They got her contact info and the judge made arrangements for CPS to visit where she is staying. The judge also told her that if anything else happened that she may remove my grandson from her custody.

My grandson's mother had to go to the ER on Tuesday. She texted me from the ER and told me that her mother had kicked her and my grandson out and she had nowhere to go. I took her to a hotel for the night and took her to a homeless shelter the next day.

I cannot have her in my home because it jeopardizes my standing as relative placement for my grandson.

We live in a small town and I already had information about the shelter. It is a wonderful place. They help the tenants find jobs, apartments, childcare, and they provide transportation for free. I went in and looked the place over and talked to the staff before taking my grandson and his mother there.

It is the first time in a long time that I have felt like my grandson is safe. I have also went back and took them things that they need and showed them around town. I spent several hours with them yesterday.

I went to a cookout yesterday evening but left early because I was not feeling well. Around 11:30 last night I started having horrible chest pain and had my son call an ambulance. It was so bad I was screaming. Then I vomited all over the place and the pain subsided.

The ambulance crew checked me out, said all my vitals were good and I refused transport to the hospital. I went to bed about an hour later after apologizing to my son for scaring him so much. I slept for 12 hours. I have been thoroughly exhausted this week.

My son asked me earlier this week if I would take him to the drive-in this weekend and that is what our plans are for tonight.

My daughter is coming in from Ohio to spend the night with me tomorrow. It seems that I am going to have a full weekend.

My other daughter from Florida will be here next week to finish preparations for her wedding in August. I will get to spend three weeks with her before her wedding. I have a feeling that we will be going non-stop.

Busy life.

Yes, that is a lot of stress for anyone. Please take care of yourself. You have a lot going on in your life.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
H
H
RL, I am very concerned, that you have not checked yourself into the hospital with those severe complaints. Women have other symptoms than men when having a heart attack and vomiting in combination with chest pain, would be a typical constellation. If your echocardiagrams and you ecg's have come back normal, that does not in any way rule out the possibility that your chest pain comes from cardiac ischemia. Neither does having normal vital signs.

If you would have gone to the hospital they could have done additional tests. Your grandson depends on you. You can help nobody if you are dead.

Of yourse it could also be the stress, but if you are not sure, you should rather err on the safe side.

Last edited by happyheart; 07/16/14 01:43 PM.

me, DH
all the children
B
B
Red, how are you doing?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
R
OP Offline
R
I need advice. My husband is coming back to Indiana on Thursday to get his belongings. I have placed them in a storage unit.

He called and asked me what the sleeping arrangements were going to be because he was coming back with his daughter and his daughter's lesbian girlfriend. I told him that they are not staying in my home...none of them. I have told him this every month.

He told me that he had checked his legal sources and that he is allowed to come and go as he likes because his driver license still has my home address on it...even though he abandoned me almost 3 months ago. He is not on my mortgage...my deceased husband and I purchased this house 22 years ago.

He wants to come through the house to make sure that I did not miss packing his belongings...I told him no. He then started nitpicking... wanting to know if I packed his little spatula that he purchased a few months ago and his egg skillet.

Is he right, do I have to let him in? I changed my locks 2 months ago, he is not on my mortgage, his belongings are in storage, and he has not paid any bills since May.

Me56
H55
7 Children of mine
(30, 34)
M
M
Don't do anything. If he calls the police, they won't let him in.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
No you do not have to let him in. I would be more proactive given your H's threatening nature. Call the police TODAY and tell them you are concerned that your H will try to get into your house and that he has a history of unstable behavior. Tell them he has threatened bodily harm to your children. Tell them he moved out of state months ago and that his belongings are not even in your house anymore.

Whoever you speak to, make sure you get the officer's name. You might even ask them if they would call H NOW and tell him that if shows up at your house they will be called. Depending on your police department they may be willing to make the phone call so just ask. Ask them if it would be considered trepass.

I would not wait until Thursday for him to show up. Plan ahead to avoid any craziness as much as possible.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
M
M
great suggestions from blackraven!!

Exposure 101

R
OP Offline
R
I called the sheriff last week and told them the details (unfortunately I did not get his name). He told me that they would not get involved because this is a civil matter unless he shows up at my place in a threatening manner.

Me56
H55
7 Children of mine
(30, 34)
B
B
I called the sheriff last week and told them the details (unfortunately I did not get his name). He told me that they would not get involved because this is a civil matter unless he shows up at my place in a threatening manner.

Gotcha...well at least they have a head's up should you need call them. Are you going to be home Thursday or will you be at work?

Have you considered calling his daughter and telling her that his belongings are not at the house but are in storage...and that the police will be called if they show up. Don't tip your hand by mentioning "in a threatening manner" though. She may want to avoid any drama too.

Is this the same daughter that told you H treated you poorly and basically thinks he is a jerk?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

R
OP Offline
R
It is the same daughter but he has been spending a lot of money on her lately. They are going to be staying in a neighbor's garage that lives 3 houses down from me.

According to my husband, his kids don't appreciate the way the I let my kids treat him and I am no longer welcome or appreciated in their life.

I will be at work on Thursday, they will not be in town until late that evening. I am going to work from home on Friday and they are leaving on Sunday. Their timeline is pretty set because the daughter's friend had to get permission to leave the state because she was in trouble for drugs.

I did inform my neighbor of the facts and they are leery about having them stay even in their garage.

My husband and this neighbor were good friends but I have filled this friend on what was happening in my home because he did not have a clue...he was only hearing what my husband had to say.

My husband told me yesterday that this neighbor is more my friend than his. Apparently he had a conversation with this friend yesterday and my husband said the friend feels like my husband is the "bad guy" in all this and that he was wrong for how he treated me and my kids.

Me56
H55
7 Children of mine
(30, 34)
M
M
So what is your plan if he shows up?

Exposure 101

Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (SadNewYorker, 1 invisible), 272 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation