Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
M
M
Originally Posted by Megz
I told him divorce was not what I want but that at this point I have to walk away.

Good deal. I would just get divorced. And yes, I would go into Plan B if I were you. Having him hang around will make life much more painful for you.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
Megz Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Brainhurts, he hasn't contributed any money since February except he did buy some diapers for the baby. He did sign over the cows so i could sell them to have money. And then was annoyed that I did sell them.
No I don't want to live like this. Someone earlier in the thread said I might as well wait until we are divorced to Plan B. I definitely need space after we are divorced.

Me: BW 33

Kids 11, 8, 6, 18 months
DDay 1/22/13
Plan B 6/21/13 long overdue
broke Plan B august 2013, my mistake
Divorce 6/30/14

M
M
Someone earlier in the thread said I might as well wait until we are divorced to Plan B. I definitely need space after we are divorced.

There is no reason to wait to go into Plan B. And it will make the divorce much easier on you if you do.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Someone earlier in the thread said I might as well wait until we are divorced to Plan B. I definitely need space after we are divorced.

There is no reason to wait to go into Plan B. And it will make the divorce much easier on you if you do.
I agree. Go into Plan B and then after divorce remain in Plan B, and protect yourself from his abuse.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
Megz Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Okay. It was so nice when I was in Plan B last summer, i didn't have the roller coaster.
The funny thing is his OW accuses me of being abusive! I don't think he views what he does as abusive, maybe because he thinks he feels bad, and he isn't around to see the consequences on his kids and I. His attitude is to just run from everything. Just not respond to people.
Thanks so much for all your help, I haven't been the best at following it but I do appreciate it! If I had followed it to a T, things would have gone differently.

Kids 11, 8, 6, 18 months
DDay 1/22/13
Divorce 6/30/14

D
D
With the ages of your children, you should stay in Plan B. Who cares what that "lady" thinks! Focus on your children and yourself.

M
Megz Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I just looked up my divorce case online and it has been finalized. Should I move my thread to the divorced section? I'm not even sure how to do that. Or just start a new thread in the divorced section?
WH's dad was my mediator when I was in Plan B last summer, but I think he's too close to the situation and just devastated by his son's actions, to be an effective mediator now.
Would it be better to have a mediator locally, or have someone on this forum? I can get someone to meet him with the kids, so I just need a mediator for communication.
Thoughts?

Kids 11, 8, 6, 18 months
DDay 1/22/13
Divorce 6/30/14

B
B
I just looked up my divorce case online and it has been finalized. Should I move my thread to the divorced section? I'm not even sure how to do that. Or just start a new thread in the divorced section?
WH's dad was my mediator when I was in Plan B last summer, but I think he's too close to the situation and just devastated by his son's actions, to be an effective mediator now.
Would it be better to have a mediator locally, or have someone on this forum? I can get someone to meet him with the kids, so I just need a mediator for communication.
Thoughts?
If you want to start a new thread in divorcing you can do that or if you'd like to have this thread moved I would ask the MODS.

I agree with you that your XFIL won't be able to keep is emotions at bay, and so I would look for another IM. You can ask for someone from the forum or someone you know that can act as a "filter". Have you read the IM training thread?

How are you doing?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
Megz Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi Brainhurts,
I'm doing okay, actually I'm kind of mad or disgusted or something. Not sure. I'm glad I'm really busy with college so I have something to take my mind off it. Feeling a little adrift maybe? I know the kids and I will be fine, I guess I'm just not looking forward to the strangeness of it all and how hard it will be on the kids, especially after I read on here how crappy waywards are to their own flesh and blood children, reminds me of the movie Liar Liar.
Right now I'm sitting in a college hallway surrounded by youngsters who don't even have a notion of what lies ahead in life and i'm kind of jealous of their innocence.

My thoughts on the mediator are that 1) I hate to put anyone I know in the middle of this, 2) I can't think of anyone who would be neutral enough, 3) people have enough of their own stuff to deal with without having to deal with mine too, 4) I hate to impose on anyone on here either, 5) is there such a thing as a professional mediator that would handle communications (although that could get too expensive)?

Kids 11, 8, 6, 18 months
DDay 1/22/13
Divorce 6/30/14

E
E
Megz, I can IM for you if you'd like. Just ask the mods for my email.

D
D
I am happy to be a back-up option.

B
B
Well there you have it. You have two MB volunteers to be your IM. I would encourage you to take them up on it.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

M
Megz Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Oh you guys are wonderful! I can't thank you enough!! I'll send a message to the moderators for you contact info!

Kids 11, 8, 6, 18 months
DDay 1/22/13
Divorce 6/30/14

M
Megz Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks to Ever2Late for her help being the mediator!

I almost forgot a question i had:
How do I handle kids performances that they want their dad at?
My daughter has a performance coming up the end of the summer. I would rather he didn't come at all, but I know my daughter will be really sad if he's not. If she doesn't mention it I definitely won't say anything.
However, if she does ask: I have to/want to be there because i have to haul her horse there and get it ready for her and things, plus of course I want to be there for her. It's at a rodeo arena with bleacher seating. That SHOULD be plenty of room I wouldn't have to bump into him, unless he seeks me out, but I'm sure he will want to see her/the kids. The only thing I could think of is if I designate a place for him to be, on the other side of the arena from where I will be, where she could go see him if she feels like. What do you think?

thanks

Kids 11, 8, 6, 18 months
DDay 1/22/13
Divorce 6/30/14

E
E
Can someone chime in on Megz question?

I think the thing to remember is that you can only control you, so you can't tell him what to do and where to sit. But you can control where you go and sit.

Last edited by Ever2Late; 07/08/14 08:54 AM.
L
L

My daughter has a performance coming up the end of the summer. I would rather he didn't come at all, but I know my daughter will be really sad if he's not. If she doesn't mention it I definitely won't say anything.
However, if she does ask: I have to/want to be there because i have to haul her horse there and get it ready for her and things, plus of course I want to be there for her. It's at a rodeo arena with bleacher seating. That SHOULD be plenty of room I wouldn't have to bump into him, unless he seeks me out, but I'm sure he will want to see her/the kids. The only thing I could think of is if I designate a place for him to be, on the other side of the arena from where I will be, where she could go see him if she feels like. What do you think?

thanks

In Plan B, it's best if you arrange NOT to see him, even if it means disappointing your daughter.

On the other hand, I've heard Dr. Harley say on his radio program that if you know in advance the spouse will be there, and the situation is absolutely unavoidable, as in a wedding or graduation, you should take a bit of tranquilizer to get through the time.

Breaks in Plan B are painful, though, and you should do all you can to avoid seeing him.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
B
B
Here is some good information on this.
Special/Important Events While in Plan B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

L
L
Originally Posted by LongWayFromHome

thanks

In Plan B, it's best if you arrange NOT to see him, even if it means disappointing your daughter.

On the other hand, I've heard Dr. Harley say on his radio program that if you know in advance the spouse will be there, and the situation is absolutely unavoidable, as in a wedding or graduation, you should take a bit of tranquilizer to get through the time.

Breaks in Plan B are painful, though, and you should do all you can to avoid seeing him.

I just listened to the link in the thread BrainHurts attached to your thread. Dr. Harley said in the segment that if a situation is unavoidable that the BS should see her doctor about prescribing an antidepressant to take a few days before the event and a few days following the event.

This event coming up is avoidable, and you should do all you can to ensure you don't have to run into the WS, including not inviting him, even though your daughter will be disappointed.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
M
Megz Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks for your help everyone, and thanks Brainhurts for the link, that was helpful. when she brings it up, I will talk to her about it and make sure she understands its painful for me, and would be less stressful all around if he wasn't there.
It's sad that my kids have to deal with crappy adult stuff like this and grow up too fast. I feel like it's difficult teaching them the fine line between standing up for themselves and still being respectful/polite. Cause I'm sure I will get blamed and turned into a witch for "turning the kids against him".

Kids 11, 8, 6, 18 months
DDay 1/22/13
Divorce 6/30/14

E
E
I would agree with Longway. Avoid telling him about it. YOU are the one who has to prepare ans haul the horse there. There is no reason for him to go.

Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 433 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation