Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
nmwb77 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
My wife has been a Christian for about 20 years. She was a Christian before I met her. We have been married for almost 16 years. She is now in a lesbian affair. Dr. Harley says that these affairs are the most fragile, so I pray that the affair will end quickly and that she will turn back to God, especially before she gets a deadly disease or becomes clinically depressed. I should note that she has always been one of the most godly women I have ever known. She told me she thought she was going to hell, so she understands what she is doing is wrong. Her parents have been very supportive of me, although they are not Christians. I have been able to witness to them a little through this ordeal.

My specific prayer requests are as follows:
1) That the Holy Spirit will continue convicting her of her sin and that she will repent. That the exposure of her affair will have the intended effect and that those "Christians" who have been silent will be convicted by the Holy Spirit to speak up in love and talk to my wayward wife about her sin.
2) That my wayward wife's parents will become Christians as they see Christ's love in me.
3) That I will be filled with the Holy Spirit and able to maintain my love for my wayward wife despite the continued emotional torture of her affair.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
J
J
Sir, I will pray for your wife that God may convict her of her sins, that she would repent and reconcile herself to God and her family.
I will also pray for your specific prayer requests.

N
nmwb77 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thank you so much. I can't imagine her continuing in sin, but the prince of this world is powerful. Thank God He is mightier and He promised no one can snatch His children out of His hand.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
J
J
Originally Posted by nmwb77
Thank you so much. I can't imagine her continuing in sin, but the prince of this world is powerful. Thank God He is mightier and He promised no one can snatch His children out of His hand.

Sir, I encourage you to read the books of Hosea and Tobit from the old Testament.

B
B
pray

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

A
A
It sounds like she is under conviction by the Holy Spirit if she believes she is going to hell. For when a Christian lives in sin here on earth they feel as if they have already tasted hell.

She is torn because she knows what is right, but something is drawing her to the lesbian lifestyle. Maybe there was some type of trauma in her childhood or possibly other family issues. I'll be praying God would help her understand and identify the cause so that she may feel free to walk with Christ and return to her marriage.

N
nmwb77 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thank you, AskMe! I don't think there were any family issues. I know her family, and they are wonderful people.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
N
nmwb77 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I just wanted to update this prayer request. My WW has filed for divorce, so please pray that she'll come to her senses before the divorce is final.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
A
A
God can always change a heart. So we continue to pray for this wife that the Father will speak into her heart and she will hear.

J
J
I just wanted to update this prayer request. My WW has filed for divorce, so please pray that she'll come to her senses before the divorce is final.

Sir, I will continue to pray for God to convict her of her sin, that she would repent and return to her marriage.

N
nmwb77 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thank you AskMe and Jedi. God bless you!

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
B
B
pray

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

N
nmwb77 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thank you, Brainhurts!!

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
B
B
Thank you, Brainhurts!!
You're very welcome.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

N
nmwb77 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
If my intel is still correct, my wife and the OW will be going on a trip this weekend. Please pray that God will intervene and make it a miserable and eye-opening experience for both of them.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
J
J
If my intel is still correct, my wife and the OW will be going on a trip this weekend. Please pray that God will intervene and make it a miserable and eye-opening experience for both of them.

Sir, I am praying that God will convict her of her sins and that she will repent.
I am also praying that God will give you wisdom in this matter.

N
nmwb77 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thanks, Jedi. I can use all the wisdom and prayers I can get.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
N
nmwb77 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Mediation is coming up soon. Please pray that my wife will come to her senses before then.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
B
B
Mediation is coming up soon. Please pray that my wife will come to her senses before then.
pray

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

N
nmwb77 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
The divorce just keeps moving forward. Please pray that the holiday season will have an effect and that my wife will repent and drop the divorce before it is finalized.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 296 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation