Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Prisca #2814494 08/12/14 11:28 AM
P
P
Is that where UA comes in? because we don't do anything fun
Yes, UA is a BIG part of it. But it must be fun. Experiment until you find something FUN to do together. Both of you should start making a list of things to try, then try them! See if you like it. If you do, do it again! If you don't, then try something else.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

mrEureka #2814495 08/12/14 11:30 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by mrEureka
Originally Posted by feuillecouleur
I don't really feel like spending time with him actually
Why all the telegraphic posts? It makes it hard to figure out where you are coming from and is encumbering to those who would like to help you.

I don't understand what you mean by "telegraphic" posts. If you are referring to the short, one-sentence answers, then it's because I have a 3 yr old that hasn't figured out that the umbilical cord has been cut yet. She lays on me ALL DAY and I have to type with one hand. It took me 20 yrs just type all this. and then she will probably hit some button and erase everything I just wrote

P
P
Originally Posted by Prisca
What do you think of this comment from Dr. Harley to your husband?
Originally Posted by Dr. Harley
One more affair would certainly end your marriage. So if staying at home to raise your children reduces that likelihood, it would seem to be the least she could do to preserve your marriage

It makes me depressed bc I HATE being at home with the kids! It makes me want to kill myself

Then put the kids in a Mom's Day Out program and do something on a regular basis with some female friends. The point is not that you stay home. The point is you don't return to work at this point in time, which is the environment that lead to your affair.

One more affair is all it would take to end your marriage. Is your marriage important enough to protect it?

Find something else to engage yourself in.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Prisca #2814497 08/12/14 11:32 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Yes, UA is a BIG part of it. But it must be fun. Experiment until you find something FUN to do together. Both of you should start making a list of things to try, then try them! See if you like it. If you do, do it again! If you don't, then try something else.

We did that when we did the RC lesson already

P
P

Keep doing it until you find something fun to do during UA.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Prisca #2814500 08/12/14 11:35 AM
F
OP Offline
F
What do you think of this comment from Dr. Harley to your husband?
Originally Posted by Dr. Harley
One more affair would certainly end your marriage. So if staying at home to raise your children reduces that likelihood, it would seem to be the least she could do to preserve your marriage

It makes me depressed bc I HATE being at home with the kids! It makes me want to kill myself

Then put the kids in a Mom's Day Out program and do something on a regular basis with some female friends. The point is not that you stay home. The point is you don't return to work at this point in time, which is the environment that lead to your affair.

One more affair is all it would take to end your marriage. Is your marriage important enough to protect it?

Find something else to engage yourself in.

The 3 yr old goes to a MMO but it doesn't run in the summer so they are both home in the summer. It's hard to find free stuff to do and I don't really like spending time with them. I would rather they go to daycare

Prisca #2814503 08/12/14 11:37 AM
F
OP Offline
F

Keep doing it until you find something fun to do during UA.

We only have a couple of things that we can both agree on. Everything costs too much money like cooking classes. It's $150!

S
S
Please tell us what you've done on all your UA dates for the past two weeks. Tell us how you felt when you were doing whatever it was.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
Prisca #2814506 08/12/14 11:39 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Why do you say that? Have I made any d's here?
Yes, you have. Would you like me to point them out to you?

Yes, please bc I don't realize I'm doing it

P
P
Then put them in daycare. Or find a SAHM who you can pay to watch the kids a few hours every day, for probably cheaper than daycare. It will probably mean not getting to do something else so that you can afford it.

But you can't GO to work to pay for it. Are you okay with that, to protect your marriage?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

SugarCane #2814508 08/12/14 11:39 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Please tell us what you've done on all your UA dates for the past two weeks. Tell us how you felt when you were doing whatever it was.

We just moved in to our new house so we haven't been anywhere

M
M
Please explain what you want. I am having a difficult time seeing through all the complaints. Do you want to have an independent life? Do you really want to be single, or do you have some other idea of how a marriage should function?

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
Prisca #2814511 08/12/14 11:41 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Then put them in daycare. Or find a SAHM who you can pay to watch the kids a few hours every day, for probably cheaper than daycare. It will probably mean not getting to do something else so that you can afford it.

But you can't GO to work to pay for it. Are you okay with that, to protect your marriage?

It makes me made bc I don't have a choice. I'm being told what to do

Prisca #2814512 08/12/14 11:42 AM
P
P
We only have a couple of things that we can both agree on. Everything costs too much money like cooking classes. It's $150!
Save up for the big things like that to do only occasionally. Keep looking for cheaper things to do on a more regular basis.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

P
P
Originally Posted by SugarCane

That's a pretty big problem.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

mrEureka #2814514 08/12/14 11:44 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by mrEureka
Please explain what you want. I am having a difficult time seeing through all the complaints. Do you want to have an independent life? Do you really want to be single, or do you have some other idea of how a marriage should function?

I want friends. I want a life. I want to not have to stay on the couch holding a 3 yr old all day. I want enough money to decorate my new house. I want to have a job to get away from the kids and have enough money to do stuff like go out to concerts and go shopping

P
P

You have a choice.
You COULD go back to work. But you put your marriage at risk, and it will more than likely end.
Or, you could not go back to work and save your marriage.

It's all about making choices that protects the marriage.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

Prisca #2814516 08/12/14 11:47 AM
F
OP Offline
F

That makes me feel like my future is already determined for me and I'm stuck here with these **** kids all day for the rest of my life. I would almost rather die

Prisca #2814517 08/12/14 11:48 AM
F
OP Offline
F

You have a choice.
You COULD go back to work. But you put your marriage at risk, and it will more than likely end.
Or, you could not go back to work and save your marriage.

It's all about making choices that protects the marriage.

Like I said, I don't really have a choice

Last edited by feuillecouleur; 08/12/14 11:49 AM.
S
S
Okay - tell me about any typical two weeks before you moved. What did you do, and how did you feel about it?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 272 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation