Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
N
Originally Posted by Megz
Originally Posted by black_raven
I've also told them if xWH takes them near her (or anywhere they don't want to be), that they can call me and someone will come get them.

Be careful telling your children that someone will come get them. They may call you and ask their dad, but you legally can not take them without his permission if it is his custodial time with them...and you have no restriction in your orders about being around OW.

That's an interesting thing I hadn't considered. I told my kids that if their dad had been drinking and asked them to get into a car, they didn't have to, they could call me or another friend. And they had cell phones. My kids knew not to abuse this, like call the other parent when they got mad.

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010
A
A
Originally Posted by Megz
Another problem is xWH has stopped communicating with my mediator. He talks to the kids about once a week to arrange weekends (which is fine), and has talked to his dad a couple times, so my guess is that he doesn't think he needs to communicate through the mediator. I have sent some messages through IM about paperwork that needs to be finished in order to finish exchanging property. The paperwork has been at my atty's office for a month, very simple, already agreed upon stuff, just changing titles and that kind of thing. He will not get in there and sign it!! It's getting very frustrating.

This is not fine. My kids are older teens (10, 12, 16,17) and even at this age I don't communicate to my x through them. Your kids are way too young to be responsible for something like that. And regardless of their age, sending communications through them, puts them in the middle. That's the LAST thing they need.

For what it's worth, my ex sometimes tries to communicate through the kids. The last time he did this it was a disaster, put ds16 right in the middle of a disagreement between my ex and I. Waywards will always try to not follow the rules. Enforce them now while your children are little and when they get older they won't have to deal with his b.s.

I wouldn't say anything to the kids about how they should behave when they are with their dad. Let xwh handle their behavior.

Me: 39
Married my amazing husband (52) on 2/29/2016

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 629 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation