Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#28206 11/08/99 11:54 AM
L
OP Offline
L
This book is by Stormie Omartian. I just started reading it yesterday. It is a series of 30 prayers (a month's worth). It is exactly what I need right now.<P>I know I picked up the title here--who's read it or plans to? Anybody want to pray through this month together? Men welcome as well.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"Do not get tired of doing what is right, for after awhile you will reap a harvest of blessings if you do not get discouraged and give up. (Gal 6:9)<P>

L
L
Oh, I hadn't heard of it, but I'll see if I can find a copy. I'd love to pray this month together.<P>Lori

L
L
Hi, I'll pray through this month with you. I really need it right now too.

L
OP Offline
L
I did start with "his wife" today. I found it so grounding and comforting that is why I posted this thread. But Amazon tends to get books out within 3 days, so I'm willing to wait until some of the rest of you have the opportunity to get the book (even if I do "pray ahead" what would that hurt? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com])<P>Lor <BR>"A fool vents all his feelings, but a wise man holds them back." Prov 29:11

P
P
Lor, I hope we get lots of others involved here, this is such a great idea.<P>I am going to post an invitation to other Christian wives..Let's give people time to get the book and spend the next few days doing His wife, plus whatever is most applicable to each of us-sound good?<P>Pearl<P>------------------<BR><BR>"I have found the Pearl of Great Price"<BR>

S
S
Hey there Ladies,<P>This soudns great. I am going to check my bank balance and try and order the book. Thanks so much for the tip. <P>Have a wonderful day!<P>------------------<BR>God bless you and all of us.<P>Samantha<BR>

P
P
I am going to post part of "His Wife" for those who still need to buy the book. I have a call in to the publisher to get permission to post this section. If it isn't given, I'll come back and delete this:<P>Prayer for 'His Wife' from The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie O'Martian, Harvest House Publishers, 1997<P>Lord, Help me to be a good wife. I fully realize that I don't have what it takes to be one without your help. Take my selfishness, impatience, and irritability and turn them into kindness, long-suffering, and the willingness to bear all things. Take my old emotional habits, mindsets, automatic reactions, rude assumptions and self-protective stance, and make me patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle, and self-controlled. Take the hardness of my heart and break down the walls with your battering ram of revelation. Give me a new heart and work in me Your love, peace, and joy (Gal. 5:22-23) I am not able to rise above who I am at this moment. Only you can transform me.<P>Show me where there is sin in my heart, especially with regard to my husband. I confess the times I've been unloving, critical, angry, resentful, disrespectful, or unforgiving toward him. Help me to put aside any hurt, anger, or disappointment I feel and forgive him the way You do, totally and completely, not looking back. Make me a tool of reconciliation, peace, and healing in this marriage. Enable us to communicate well and rescue us from the threshold of separation where the realities of divorce begin. p.44.<P>blessings,<P>LizPearl<P>------------------<P>"I have found the Pearl of Great Price"<BR><p>[This message has been edited by POGP (edited November 08, 1999).]

F
F
I love this book. I spent quite a bit of time rewriting each, or almost each, prayer to personalize it for our marriage. It turned out to be 14 pages, but it really helped to write it all down and give it to the Lord. Looking at the date, I wrote it only a few weeks after discovery in the worst of times.<P>Although I recommended the book several times, I probibly have not pulled it out enough myself.<P>This is a great idea.<P><P>------------------<BR>Faith, Hope, Love Remain,<BR>but the greatest of these is Love.<BR>1 Corinthians 13:13

Y
Y
I'm in the process of reading it. I read an reread her book power of a praying parent which was a complete God send.<BR>God Bless

P
P
I just posted a question on the 'where' to have the prayer group...more later<P>POGP<P>------------------<BR><BR>"I have found the Pearl of Great Price"<BR>

T
Taj Offline
T
I heard about this book last week on MB from I think FHL or POGP. My copy has been ordered and is on the way. Count me in the prayer group, I need to do this and would value the accountability.

A
A
This is a great idea. Please count me in. I ordered the book, should be here tomorrow. I'm anxious to get started!!! Thanks for setting this up, it is a blessing.

E
E
I bought the book a couple of days ago. About the only time I have been able read it is in the waiting room for me and my son to see our chiropractor. I'm only about 30 pages into it, but it looks like she has alot of interesting points.<P>I'm for a prayer and discussion group.<P>Jess

P
P
Hi ladies!<P>Don't know about you, but I am doing alot of thinking and praying about this section in His Wife: <BR>"I release my h. from the burden of fulfilling me in areas where I should be looking to you. Help me to accept him the way he is and not try to change him..." <P>Ooooo if that were easy I wouldn't even be here! My h. says that alot of his affair had to do with getting out from the pressure I put on him to be "Mr. Spiritual" 'cause that boy just wanted to have fun! <P>Now, naturally, I still spend time praying for his repentance and his obedience, but guess what, those prayers are heard when His Wife is obedient and repentant---ahhh, the zing of the Holy Spirit cutting to my soul...Ooo, that's right, my sins are not less heinous before God...just somewhat less visible. <P>I'm gonna mull this over today...guess this extra time till the books are all bought is going to be well used by those of us hanging around in the His Wife chapter, huh?<P>LizPearl<P>------------------<BR><BR>"I have found the Pearl of Great Price"<BR>

F
F
You are right, His Wife chapter changed my thinking about a lot of things.<P>Try rewriting a personal prayer using that framework just for yourself.<P>I just reread mine (after too long setting it aside) and it spoke to me again.<P>------------------<BR>Faith, Hope, Love Remain,<BR>but the greatest of these is Love.<BR>1 Corinthians 13:13

T
Taj Offline
T
POGP & FHL,<P>You two keep your posts a coming! If you only knew how much you both have helped me in the past couple months. I landed on my butt this summer after so much frustration and seeing no spiritual growth in my H. My expectations were that since God had forgiven him so much (the betrayal) he would soon be growing by leaps and bounds. Well it didn't happen and I gave up. CaN'T WAIT FOR MY BOOK TO ARRIVE......until then I am copying alot of your posts.<P>I have dethroned my H and God is there where He always belonged. My expectations are in HIM alone. Thanks again!<P>------------------<BR>eyes wide open<BR>

U
U
I posted the day that the system hick-coughed.... My post dissapeared..<P> Anyway, I said I was going to go to Amazon and order the book and would join you, and asked if you would be going chapter by chapter in this forum.....?<P> I just got my book from Amazon yesterday and am digesting "His Wife" and will join in with all you gals gladly!<P>Blessings, cozy

L
L
I have had the book for a while and just started it about one week ago. This is a great book !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P
P
Hi ladies! Boy this level of interest is encouraging. <P>Y'all be good to your husband's wife...pray faithfully for her this weekend, o.k.? <P>I know for me,personally this time of self-examination is very revealing.<P>Blessings till Monday,<P>LizPearl<P>------------------<P>"I have found the Pearl of Great Price"<BR><p>[This message has been edited by POGP (edited November 12, 1999).]

P
P
Hi, all.<P>The Women's Bible Study forum has been o.k.'d by Steve and will be set up soon. Until then ,how about we post here beginning with the "His Wife" chapter on Wed. We can share about what we've read/prayed/realized? That will give the last folks a chance to get their book and catch up with us. I don't know about the rest of you, but the prayer for His Wife has me looking deep inside, know what I mean?<P>Liz Pearl<P>------------------<BR><BR>"I have found the Pearl of Great Price"<BR>

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation