Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
H
Because of his position of 'leadership' this relationship with a student will eventually have him lose his job.

me, DH
all the children
S
S
Originally Posted by SW8701
My husband is s good man and I don't think he is being unfaithful.

Being a good man is irrelevant. Anybody can have an affair. That's why extraordinary precautions (no opposite sex friendships, etc) are NECESSARY. Because without them, people WILL and do have affairs, every single day!

I honestly wouldn't mind it unless it is going to hurt him, but then again their friendship is less that 2 weeks old. Please help.

I noticed that you pointed that out a couple of times - that their relationship is only 2 weeks old. I hope you realize that is PLENTY of time for this OW to have made MASSIVE lovebank deposits.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
He said that when they didn't text he missed it, he re-reads their texts all the time, he wanted to move their messages to a flash drive because he wanted to keep them, he says that one of the conversations they had had was the joy of his day, and she made a comment about something silly and he said "God, I have never been this soft" he was speaking about being soft emotionally not sexually. Then I noticed that most of their texts are initiated by him and if she doesn't get back to him within a certain amount of time he will text her again.

This is exactly how a person in an affair behaves. There is nothing special or different - this is textbook.

The OW has made enough lovebank deposits to breach the romantic threshold and now your H is addicted to her.

He cannot ever be around her again without endangering your M.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
L
L
Originally Posted by happyheart
Because of his position of 'leadership' this relationship with a student will eventually have him lose his job.

This^
If you get a chance read up about coach Bobby Petrino...a coach, an ex volley ball player (with a boyfriend) ...he almost destroyed his marriage and his career...

C
C
I am so sorry that you are going through such an awful experience. Your H is 100%, proof positive, cheating on you emotionally. He is protecting the OW's feelings rather than your own and that is not acceptable. Install the keylogger on his computer, put a GPS tracker on his cell phone (my husband and I use CM Security's Locate Family) and gather your evidence. Expose the affair, which will take away a lot of the satisfaction he is feeling from keeping you in the dark.
Tell your WH he must end his friendship with this woman and have no contact with her ever again, even of it means leaving his job and moving to another state. Do not accept excuses.
He says his ex-wife was insanely jealous? Based on how he is treating you, it is safe to say that he gave her just cause to feel threatened.

Last edited by CelticMuse; 10/19/14 07:24 PM. Reason: misspelling

Every man dies. Not every man truly lives.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 697 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation