Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
R
Rusty Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by Rusty
What about the wife of the OM? Have you connected with her yet?

No, but she's got a different interest, she doesn't want him to get fired.

But she can put you in touch with his parents, family and close friends which would be a great exposure. She can help you fight on your end.

Ironically she claims that I'm the one that's not thinking clearly.

That is a tactic designed to throw you off balance.

Yeah, but I'm done with this. I planted enough seeds that later when they get together, people will know what happened and I will be vindicated. I don't want her back. And the support from my friends (and her friends) has been overwhelming. So that's been good.

U
U
Rusty, you need to calm down and stop thinking that you know how everyone is reacting to this and how this is impacting the waywards. This is day 1 of exposure which can be a roller coaster ride of emotions. What you think today, what WW thinks today, can change when the dust settles.

U
U
Also what about talking to OMW? What about exposure on his end? Don't let her fogbabble scare you and make you quit without taking this in for a touchdown.

J
J
I wrote this to you on Thursday:

Originally Posted by Justthe3ofus
Gather your evidence fast and don't depend too much the other man's wife. She could be an ally, but she could also be a hindrance in that she may seek to protect her husband. Just be careful.

And so I am not surprised to hear that the OM's wife doesn't want him to lose his job. Have you ever seen the movie "One Hour Photo" with Robin Williams (May he rest in peace)? Some wives are in the marriage for the money and comfort and will tolerate their husband's infidelity as part of the arrangement.

On another note, I'm starting to detect a tone of vindictiveness in your posts. Try not to let vindication or retribution enter your thinking as you are still in Plan A. Those two will derail your plans and lead to a bad outcome.

From this point it on, you will have to endure a process that is most often long and painful. But take solace in the support of friends and family, and find things to do that fill your mind, body, and spirit with good things. Exercise, running in particular, is a good therapy at this time.

R
Rusty Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I wrote this to you on Thursday:

Gather your evidence fast and don't depend too much the other man's wife. She could be an ally, but she could also be a hindrance in that she may seek to protect her husband. Just be careful.

And so I am not surprised to hear that the OM's wife doesn't want him to lose his job. Have you ever seen the movie "One Hour Photo" with Robin Williams (May he rest in peace)? Some wives are in the marriage for the money and comfort and will tolerate their husband's infidelity as part of the arrangement.

On another note, I'm starting to detect a tone of vindictiveness in your posts. Try not to let vindication or retribution enter your thinking as you are still in Plan A. Those two will derail your plans and lead to a bad outcome.

From this point it on, you will have to endure a process that is most often long and painful. But take solace in the support of friends and family, and find things to do that fill your mind, body, and spirit with good things. Exercise, running in particular, is a good therapy at this time.

Thanks JT3OU (and everyone). It will be long and I'm sure at times painful. We are not in Plan A anymore, we are in Plan B (she's not talking to me and going to hear about her job). But we're moving toward plan D and neither party wants to deviate from that course.

Thanks all for your help. I felt like I needed this one last push to try to save things and now I feel like I did everything I could. She's in the fog, the fog will dissipate for her at some point (they're talking about getting married) and she's realize that her unhappiness comes from her, not from her spouse. I am going to move on and focus on things that I love, like my kids, friends and family and work. It was a good 8 year run (together for almost 14) but it has ran its course. We will do what we can to make it easier for the kids.

N
N
Rusty,
I know you are bummed out. We all were there from time to time as we go through this process.
It is way too early to give up, you are still in shock.

Things can change rapidly with the situation, things could stay the same. You are just beginning.

Sorry for your pain.

M
M
[
Thanks JT3OU (and everyone). It will be long and I'm sure at times painful. We are not in Plan A anymore, we are in Plan B (she's not talking to me and going to hear about her job). But we're moving toward plan D and neither party wants to deviate from that course.

Hey Rusty, you are giving up before the battle even started!! This is very salvageable. There is no reason your marriage can't be saved. We have seen 10x worse than this come back from the dead. This can be saved.

Even if you eventually decide you don't want to be married, you should stick to the course and stay in Plan A. You have nothing to lose from staying the course.

Don't give up when you just got on the field of battle!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Have you read Surviving an Affair? In the case study, the WW, Sue moved out to be with her OM. As soon as that happened, the affair crumbled and he dumped her. She and her husband are now in a happy, fulfilling marriage.

I am unclear on why you want to give up when the odds are so clearly in your favor? Do you want the OM to win? Do you want him to be your children's step daddy?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

R
Rusty Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Have you read Surviving an Affair? In the case study, the WW, Sue moved out to be with her OM. As soon as that happened, the affair crumbled and he dumped her. She and her husband are now in a happy, fulfilling marriage.

I am unclear on why you want to give up when the odds are so clearly in your favor? Do you want the OM to win? Do you want him to be your children's step daddy?

If her affair crumples, that will be fine, but I think there will be too many things that I won't be able to get past even if she comes back. I have been fighting for this for the past six months. But as they say, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

The odds are not in my favor on this one right now. I can't rule anything out but she's burned a lot of goodwill with me and there's been too much hurt. I don't think he wins if he's with her. She and he may view it as winning, but quite frankly, I think they will never have the kind of relationship they think the will.

But I'm sticking with the plan. We had plan A the past 6 months, which is how long Dr. Harley says to do it. She's pissed at me for the exposure and not talking to me, so we're into plan B, as much separation as possible.

J
J
Originally Posted by unwritten
Good job in staying calm. You are James Bond now, focus on the facts and being so cool it throws her off her tracks. She will be expecting a throw down.

WW - 'How can you destroy my life like this???' Rusty - 'Any consequences are due to you having an affair, not to me telling the truth. Would you like a glass of water?'

WW - 'I hate you! I want a divorce!' Rusty - 'I have a great plan for rebuilding our marriage and making it great! First you will need to end your affair. Would you like a cookie?'

Wow, unwritten, were you here during our conversations??!! I was just accused of trying to ruin her life and "framing her for having an affair" and told that this can't make her love me and that I "suck!"

I am being super pleasant and calm. The truth will do that to you!!

I spoke with her mom and sisters who all believed me (at least initially, who knows how she will try to spin it) and said that it made sense. I feel a bit bad that I may have exposed the OMW in this, because WW will tell OM that his wife knows and maybe she was planning something else. But you know what, that's not my concern!!

All our friends have been super-supportive thus far, one ever revealed that her husband had an affair after the birth of their daughter. Her friends haven't replied back to me yet, and she claims that they thought that I was "psycho" for putting it together. But it could just be her spin again.

I also told her that I'm not leaving the house and if she wants space, she can move out. She said she will not and we'll just sell the house. I also said that i'm no longer sleeping in the basement and will sleep in our bed. She initially said that she will sleep there too, but now claims that she feels "unsafe" with me in the bed because I'm "psycho" and trying to "ruin her life." I will try to stand my ground and get her to sleep in the basement but I don't want her to fabricate any sort of story. I have a pocket recorder that I turn on during our conversations to protect myself. Who knows what she will do in this state.

Sir,
You need to sleep with that recorder at night!
She may try to set you up for domestic violence to definitely CYA

R
Rusty Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by NebDane
Rusty,
I know you are bummed out. We all were there from time to time as we go through this process.
It is way too early to give up, you are still in shock.

Things can change rapidly with the situation, things could stay the same. You are just beginning.

Sorry for your pain.

Thanks NebDane.

I know the process is beginning but I also know her. She focuses on goals and achieves them. She wants to be with him right now and she will do that.

In some ways, I'm actually not in shock. On some level, I knew this was going on for six months, I was in shock then and didn't admit it. But I'm slowly coming to terms with it.

I appreciate your support and words of kindness.

J
J

If her affair crumples, that will be fine, but I think there will be too many things that I won't be able to get past even if she comes back. I have been fighting for this for the past six months. But as they say, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

The odds are not in my favor on this one right now. I can't rule anything out but she's burned a lot of goodwill with me and there's been too much hurt. I don't think he wins if he's with her. She and he may view it as winning, but quite frankly, I think they will never have the kind of relationship they think the will.

But I'm sticking with the plan. We had plan A the past 6 months, which is how long Dr. Harley says to do it. She's pissed at me for the exposure and not talking to me, so we're into plan B, as much separation as possible.

Sir, Plan B is very specific and cannot be changed to suit your needs.
You are NOT in plan B. It is designed to preserve the love bank balance of the betrayed spouse so there is a possibility of reconciliation after the affair dies.

Have you read Surviving an Affair?
Jon hated Sue and harley had to talk him into staying married to her and working on their recovery.

R
Rusty Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Sir,

Her parents came to stay w/ us so I don't think she'll try to pull any sh*t like that. I've also told people that she may try to do that, to cover myself. I'm giving her a wide berth when we're at home.

She was talking with her boss today. Don't know how that's going. At least I brought some heat on them, she couldn't eat anything yesterday, she was so worried, and they're freaking out concocting cover stories.

I'm slowly moving on (but not out!!!)

J
J
Sir,

Her parents came to stay w/ us so I don't think she'll try to pull any sh*t like that. I've also told people that she may try to do that, to cover myself. I'm giving her a wide berth when we're at home.

Don't trust her parents.
Divorce is war. They are your enemy's ally.

B
B
Have you exposed the affair to your children?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
R
Rusty Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by black_raven

The children just turned 3. I don't think they would understand and I don't want to use them as pawns (as that would surely be used against me in a custody issue).

R
Rusty Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Don't trust her parents.
Divorce is war. They are your enemy's ally.

For sure. But I think she will have a hard time saying I did something to her when her parents are there.

B
B
Originally Posted by black_raven

The children just turned 3. I don't think they would understand and I don't want to use them as pawns (as that would surely be used against me in a custody issue).

Ah...I thought maybe they were on the upper side of 3.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
G
G
She focuses on goals and achieves them. She wants to be with him right now and she will do that

My husband is the most goal oriented persons I know. He was locked and loaded and into OW and full of contempt towards me and our marriage.

Today he is in love with me and I am again the love of his life. I can move past the EA because we are following the plan.

How would you like to be in love with the mother of your children and visa versa? You only believe today that you can't get past the pain you feel. This might be myoptic perspective.

You have every right however to let her go.

BW 58
WH 61
married 35 years
2 adult children
2 grandchildren

"Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one...It will not be broken, it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable...The only place outside of Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from dangers and perturbations of love is Hell" c.s. lewis
I
I
She has no idea what way is up, she doesn't have any say whatever about what plan you are in!

Always find it really strange when people say 'we' are in Plan A/B - it is done by you and is nothing to do with her. Indeed they were designed for hostile spouses.

Also it sounds like you are planning a buddy divorce, please reconsider that.

If you are leaving her, then leave entirely. Don't condone her affairage.

Last edited by indiegirl; 10/30/14 01:37 PM.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 663 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation