Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 33 34
J
OP Offline
J
Correction, the weekend seminar might have been hosted by a different program. The workbooks we have are from the first HNHN seminar, rather than from the second one as I thought.

P
P
I do have one question about this post you made on my H's thread. What could possibly be the value to Marcos in finding out 8mos into the program that you were having an EA? Is it, "Wow, I guess she really meant it when she said she was unhappy." Or, "Great, now I get to redirect some of the pressure on me and focus on the splinter in her eye instead!" Clearly, in 8 mos, he had not addressed your complaints/needs, and it didn't change his responsibility to do so in any way if he still wanted to save the M. With his obvious negligence over the previous 8mos, it seems he would have been much better served to invest his energy in focusing on the plank in his own eye rather that searching for splinters in yours. Perhaps then he would have been successful and the EA never would have happened.

It would seem that if your concern was my potential for having an EA, you would have instead directed your EA suggestions to me, in regards to securing my boundaries and such, like Brainhurts did. I could have answered your questions about my transparency (and my H's lack thereof.) Instead, you went directly to my H and told him to start snooping, claiming red flags, suggesting a possible A partner, countering his dismissal of an EA. In light of the fact that I am not having an EA, your suggestion will simply distract him from addressing the problems that are creating the vulnerability, to which he seems to be having a very difficult time even without the distraction.

That's the biggest bunch of bull I have ever heard.

And very wayward.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

M
M

Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Even so, I don't know why you are even posting here and wasting our time since you say you are "done." If you are done, then be DONE. Why would anyone help someone who doesn't want to be helped? That is a waste of the valuable time of volunteers. Do you think Prisca has time to help someone who doesn't WANT to be helped? She has 7 children and she home schools them.
Honestly, that's a very good question. My H wanted me to participate, but I'm not allowed to post on his thread so I had a separate one. It was a last-ditch effort to save my M and I didn't think people would be able to help us when my H is presenting "selective" information. I won't say he's outright lying, but he seems much more interested in putting up a good front than getting real help. It's not that I don't want help, it's that I don't have difficulty applying the program (my H would confirm this.)

I don't want to waste anyone's time. I guess I just keep getting sucked back in because the alternative is the end of my M and a detrimental impact to my son. I do appreciate your candor, though. Time to put my big-girl pants on, I guess.

[/quote]

I hope you aren't wasting anyones time either. But saying over and over that you are "done" is not encouraging and reflects someone who truly doesn't care.
I appreciate your more honest response above.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by JustDaytoDay
Clearly, in 8 mos, he had not addressed your complaints/needs, and it didn't change his responsibility to do so in any way if he still wanted to save the M.
No, clearly in 8 months, Prisca had not practiced appropriate boundaries with men. All the need meeting in the world will stop someone from having an affair if they have pisspoor boundaries. If a person is having an affair, nothing can be fixed until the affair is eliminated.

That's just it. I don't have pisspoor boundaries, my H does.

Yet you blamed markos above for Prisca's poor boundaries. That is my point.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Correction, the weekend seminar might have been hosted by a different program. The workbooks we have are from the first HNHN seminar, rather than from the second one as I thought.

Who put on the HNHN seminar? Where was this?

Exposure 101

J
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by Prisca
And very wayward.
You are entitled to you opinion. It still doesn't change the facts.

Clearly, in 8 mos, he had not addressed your complaints/needs, and it didn't change his responsibility to do so in any way if he still wanted to save the M.
No, clearly in 8 months, Prisca had not practiced appropriate boundaries with men. All the need meeting in the world will stop someone from having an affair if they have pisspoor boundaries. If a person is having an affair, nothing can be fixed until the affair is eliminated.

That's just it. I don't have pisspoor boundaries, my H does.

Yet you blamed markos above for Prisca's poor boundaries. That is my point.
Perhaps I misinterpreted their coming to the site as Prisca being unhappy in their M, resulting from Marcos' not meeting EN's or committing LB's. I've heard Dr. Harley say there are lots of reasons (not just poor boundaries) but no excuses. I attributed one of those reasons in this case to Marcos' poor performance in the M relationship. But I correct my interpretation and apologize for my presentation.

It was hosted at EFree Church in St.Louis in 1995. We both still have the little red workbook/questionaires that we filled out during the program. If it helps to answer your concern, I can send you a snapsnot of the cover.

I'm confused now, though. Do you want me to participate or not?

Last edited by JustDaytoDay; 12/06/14 06:09 PM.
M
M
And very wayward.

But her opinion is the truth. The fault of the EA was Prica's, not Markos.

It was hosted at EFree Church in St.Louis in 1995. We both still have the little red workbook/questionaires that we filled out during the program. If it helps to answer your concern, I can send you a snapsnot of the cover.[/quote]

My point is that this was not a Harley program or a Dr Harley endorsed program. Many churches use his books and he fully supports that, but most people take his material and put their own spin on it. And many times, they are great, but they are not a substitute for Dr. Harley's programs, where he oversees the lessons and the coaching progress over the years time. I am not trying to diminish them, but you can't say you have been through his programs. You have been through a church's program who used his material.

Of course, as long as you stop saying you are "done" and won't do anything. If that is the case, though, please don't waste our valuable time.

Are you willing to go through Dr Harley's course now? I suspect the reason Dr Harley told your husband no is because you refused to do anything.

Exposure 101

J
OP Offline
J
And very wayward.
But her opinion is the truth. The fault of the EA was Prica's, not Markos.
I was referring to the fact that I'm not having an EA.

It was hosted at EFree Church in St.Louis in 1995. We both still have the little red workbook/questionaires that we filled out during the program. If it helps to answer your concern, I can send you a snapsnot of the cover.
My point is that this was not a Harley program or a Dr Harley endorsed program. Many churches use his books and he fully supports that, but most people take his material and put their own spin on it. And many times, they are great, but they are not a substitute for Dr. Harley's programs, where he oversees the lessons and the coaching progress over the years time. I am not trying to diminish them, but you can't say you have been through his programs. You have been through a church's program who used his material.
I know it was not put together by our church. It was presented by an outside group that came in. I won't claim that my memory from 20 years ago is so good that I could pick Dr. Harley out of a line-up. However, I thought it was a great program/presentation and I was personally able to apply it quite well as a result. If it's important that we take it out of the line-up as a qualifier, fine. There's still the matter that Dr. Harley himself is currently telling my H NOT to sign up for coaching. (I can send you a copy/quote of his specific response to him if you also have concerns about that.)

Of course, as long as you stop saying you are "done" and won't do anything. If that is the case, though, please don't waste our valuable time.

Are you willing to go through Dr Harley's course now? I suspect the reason Dr Harley told your husband no is because you refused to do anything.

Dr. Harley has informed my H that his LB's have pushed me into withdrawal (re: snail analogy.) He told him that he needs to stop his LB's first, and then I'll eventually "come out of my shell." He told that to my H back in April. Dr. Harley is not instructing me to do anything, now or back then. We were both on the phone call recently, the call my H wanted to do and for which he presented all his issues in the introductory email, yet Dr. Harley opted to address my complaints of my H and is working with him on his behavior. He has pointed out to my H that my H tends to draw me back in and then "smack" me. He also said that my H is NOT doing the program, regardless of his claim to be doing so.

I don't know what it is that you're wanting me to do?

Last edited by JustDaytoDay; 12/06/14 06:36 PM.
M
M

Stop fighting. Can you do that? Is that clear enough to understand?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
[I know it was not put together by our church. It was presented by an outside group that came in. I won't claim that my memory from 20 years ago is so good that I could pick Dr. Harley out of a line-up. However, I thought it was a great program/presentation and I was personally able to apply it quite well as a result. If it's important that we take it out of the line-up as a qualifier, fine. There's still the matter that Dr. Harley himself is currently telling my H NOT to sign up for coaching. (I can send you a copy/quote of his specific response to him if you also have concerns about that.)

Honestly, I don't care if it was put on by Santa Claus. My point is that it wasn't put on by Dr. Harley and wasn't endorsed by him.

I don't doubt Dr H. told your H not to sign up. Didn't you INSIST that your husband not sign up because you are "done?" In that case, there would be no reason to sign up. They only take couples.

Stop brawling.

Exposure 101

J
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by markos
Very.

So what would it look like when he clearly doesn't abide by the POJA? I've taken on the approach of simply not saying anything from the get-go to avoid the inevitable argument, but that approach was criticized here. Today I tried to state a complaint and got an argument back from my H. Eventually I just dropped it. Yesterday when we attempted to discuss the toilet issue, he completely ignore what I said as if I didn't even say it, so I reverted back to "whatever you want" in order to avoid an argument. Today, he told me he thought we had applied the POJA.

M
M
Very.

So what would it look like when he clearly doesn't abide by the POJA? I've taken on the approach of simply not saying anything from the get-go to avoid the inevitable argument, but that approach was criticized here. Today I tried to state a complaint and got an argument back from my H. Eventually I just dropped it. Yesterday when we attempted to discuss the toilet issue, he completely ignore what I said as if I didn't even say it, so I reverted back to "whatever you want" in order to avoid an argument. Today, he told me he thought we had applied the POJA.

I don't expect you both to be experts at the POJA right out of the gate, but you shouldn't resort to "whatever you want" and you shouldn't fight.

Exposure 101

P
P
I do have one question about this post you made on my H's thread. What could possibly be the value to Marcos in finding out 8mos into the program that! you were having an EA?
Really? You, a BS, has to ask what value a man has in finding out his wife is having an EA? REALLY?

Is it, "Wow, I guess she really meant it when she said she was unhappy." Or, "Great, now I get to redirect some of the pressure on me and focus on the splinter in her eye instead!"
Bull. And you know it. What a crummy thing to say about a man who found out his wife was in love with someone else.

Clearly, in 8 mos, he had not addressed your complaints/needs, and it didn't change his responsibility to do so in any way if he still wanted to save the M. With his obvious negligence over the previous 8mos, it seems he would have been much better served to invest his energy in focusing on the plank in his own eye rather that searching for splinters in yours. Perhaps then he would have been successful and the EA never would have happened.
Also bull.
Markos could have been a complete crumb about meeting my EN and it would not have mattered as far as me having an affair. Poor boundaries cause affairs, not neglect or abuse. If you believe otherwise, you are at a higher risk for an affair than I originally thought and your husband should be even more diligent about keeping tabs on you. You have no clue how affairs start if you are willing to lay any blame on the BS.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

J
OP Offline
J
Honestly, I don't care if it was put on by Santa Claus. My point is that it wasn't put on by Dr. Harley and wasn't endorsed by him.
This seems to be important to you but I don't know what else I can do except to take it off the list of qualifiers, which I've already done. Is there something else you're looking for here?

I don't doubt Dr H. told your H not to sign up. Didn't you INSIST that your husband not sign up because you are "done?" In that case, there would be no reason to sign up. They only take couples.
No, I don't believe I ever said anything like that to Dr. Harley. There was much discussion of withdrawal and feeling hopeless, which Dr. Harley recognized and justified(?). I certainly have felt "done" numerous times, but look to Dr. Harley as the only option for success at this point.

Stop brawling.
Feel free to throw in on the question I asked Marcos. I'd appreciate anyone's suggestion as I feel like I've already tried it from all angles, short of becoming a Stepford wife.

M
M
Very.

So what would it look like when he clearly doesn't abide by the POJA?

"It bothers me when you do that."

Edited to add: Also, post about it here.

Last edited by markos; 12/06/14 06:56 PM.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
J
OP Offline
J
Very.

I don't expect you both to be experts at the POJA right out of the gate, but you shouldn't resort to "whatever you want" and you shouldn't fight.
What "fight" are you referring to?

J
OP Offline
J
I do have one question about this post you made on my H's thread. What could possibly be the value to Marcos in finding out 8mos into the program that! you were having an EA?
Really? You, a BS, has to ask what value a man has in finding out his wife is having an EA? REALLY?

Is it, "Wow, I guess she really meant it when she said she was unhappy." Or, "Great, now I get to redirect some of the pressure on me and focus on the splinter in her eye instead!"
Bull. And you know it. What a crummy thing to say about a man who found out his wife was in love with someone else.

Clearly, in 8 mos, he had not addressed your complaints/needs, and it didn't change his responsibility to do so in any way if he still wanted to save the M. With his obvious negligence over the previous 8mos, it seems he would have been much better served to invest his energy in focusing on the plank in his own eye rather that searching for splinters in yours. Perhaps then he would have been successful and the EA never would have happened.
Also bull.
Markos could have been a complete crumb about meeting my EN and it would not have mattered as far as me having an affair. Poor boundaries cause affairs, not neglect or abuse. If you believe otherwise, you are at a higher risk for an affair than I originally thought and your husband should be even more diligent about keeping tabs on you. You have no clue how affairs start if you are willing to lay any blame on the BS.
Prisca (and Marcos), again, I apologize for reading into your situation and not gleaning a full understanding of it before commenting on it. Please forgive me as I realize how offbase I was. I truly feel bad about it and certainly didn't want to insult anyone that has been through the same pain I've been through. I will refrain from any further comments on your situation, I promise.

Can we put this to rest or is there something else you need from me?

Last edited by JustDaytoDay; 12/06/14 07:02 PM.
M
M
This seems to be important to you but I don't know what else I can do except to take it off the list of qualifiers, which I've already done. Is there something else you're looking for here?

It is important that you GET my point, which you seem to have not. It is important that you understand that a course put on by non-Harley people is not the same as a Harley course. What I am looking for is for you to GET that point.

Do you GET that POINT?

No, I don't believe I ever said anything like that to Dr. Harley. There was much discussion of withdrawal and feeling hopeless, which Dr. Harley recognized and justified(?). I certainly have felt "done" numerous times, but look to Dr. Harley as the only option for success at this point.[/quote]

I am encouraged that you NOW look to Dr Harley as the only option for success. That is a positive change. You might let him know this and see how he feels about you going into the program.

Feel free to throw in on the question I asked Marcos. I'd appreciate anyone's suggestion as I feel like I've already tried it from all angles, short of becoming a Stepford wife.

Stop fighting and brawling is very straightforward. I am pretty certain you understand those terms. That advice would be helpful in your marriage and on this board. See, people don't have to help you here, did you know that? So when you spend your time being argumentative it makes people less likely to want to volunteer their personal time to help you.

I have been on this board for years and if I was in trouble, Markos and Prisca would be in the top 5 people I would go to for help. If I were you, I wouldn't run them off because their help can be invaluable. Not only do they know the program inside and out but they have a great marriage to prove it. For your sake, you might want to hang onto them.

Exposure 101

M
M
Very.

In Love Busters it is recommended that you give your spouse a weekly list of each Love Buster: a list of selfish demands, a list of disrespectful judgments, a list of things your spouse did that you were reluctant about that bothered you, etc.

So, make out these lists, and give them to him once a week.

Post them here, too.

It's that simple, no need to fight.

J
OP Offline
J
Very.

I'm certain that will work in the future. At this point, that statement is responded to by him with defensiveness of what he did and an expectation that I justify my reason for feeling that way. I even tried reminding him today of your previous posts to him indicating that how I feel is how I feel, which accomplished nothing. Of course, all of this is done with the same sarcastic, belittling disrespect that SugarCane recognized in his posts (and worse, because in the email/posts, he has time to worksmith what he says vs. the unfiltered version that comes out of his mouth.)

So, in the meantime, do you have another suggestion? One where I don't continue to get chewed on?

Also, I have posted some things, like offering to detail his lack of transparency if he claimed he was being transparent, but no one took me up on it. If I'm posting just to vent, I'll pass.

Last edited by JustDaytoDay; 12/06/14 07:12 PM.
Page 4 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation