Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
M
Heartbrokenlost, you can reject the Marriage Builders program and move on. You don't need our approval to reject the advice. I am baffled why you feel the need to keep coming back to defend your program when you have rejected ours. It is ok. Just reject it..... You won't get our approval, but you don't need it.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
H
Also if anyone like a copy of all the text email me at *edit*. I will let you read them yourself. THE AFFAIR WAS THOUGH TEXT ONLY!

Last edited by Denali; 01/11/15 12:21 AM. Reason: TOS removing email address
M
M
Originally Posted by HeartBrokenlost
Also if anyone like a copy of all the text email me at *edit*. I will let you read them yourself. THE AFFAIR WAS THOUGH TEXT ONLY!

So? It makes no difference.

Even so, you don't have to prove anything to us. Just reject it and move on..

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
H
I have reject and moved on, then I see I am still being talked about. I would like it if you guys would just move on to your next victim. I am sorry that I am headstrong and refuse to be brainwashed and become part of you guys cult.

M
M
I have reject and moved on, then I see I am still being talked about. I would like it if you guys would just move on to your next victim. I am sorry that I am headstrong and refuse to be brainwashed and become part of you guys cult.

All the more reason to move on..

Exposure 101

F
OP Offline
F
My husband is far from and serial cheater, he also is not out here trolling. He has not had sex with any other women the 15 years we have been together. How I know is because we have lived together for 15 years and worked together, same schedule for most of them years. We have never gone out separate. We don't and have never been a party couple. When I busted the affair the husband of the other women even said " I know my wife is the one who approach your husband". I already knew that because he's never approached women. He didn't even approach me when we first got together. It didn't matter to me though who approached who because it doesn't hurt any less. You guys are more than welcome to continue and bash my husband because I will not move. You guys are absolutely nothing to me and do not know us personally. You can try and predict the future all you would like. I thank God I don't know any of you guys in real life! I do know fight the fight and I am actually extremely upset that he would even get on here and try and make my husband out to be something he absolutely is not. My god, he had an affair and is extremely remorseful and knows that if it happens again that he will lose his family. I will not try again. He will even loose his job because they say "if your wife can't trust you then how in the hell are we supposed to trust you running our business". there has been many many people there loose their job over an affair. They don't allow it. And if you know my husband there is only 2 things that would hurt him the most and that would be to loose his family and his job that he absolutely loves.

I started to break this down and respond to it because there is so much to say about it but I won't.

I will say that it's not my intention to "bash" anybody. I think the world of both of you and really do hope the path you have chosen works out for the best.

I'll bow out and not mention it again.

Me (42)
Her (43) - feuillecouleur

DS(11)
DD(7)

Married: June 24, 2000

Recovered
I
I
It's really too wide an issue to concern any one couple specifically.

Do we have any thread dedicated to moving/ not moving issues we could use for those who wanted such a reference.

Might be an idea. There are so many with stalled recoveries who could do with hearing those.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

M
M
The issue here is not really moving versus not moving but staying in contact with the OW. The OW is a neighbor in this case.

Exposure 101

H
H
We have no contact with her. You can live in a neighborhood and never know someone who lives in it. This neighborhood has 500 homes in it. I live in the basement section where she does not. I own and she rents. What are the odds are her living her forever?

Last edited by HeartBrokenlost; 01/11/15 02:02 PM.
M
M
We have no contact with her. You can live in a neighborhood and never know someone who lives in it. This neighborhood has 500 homes in it. I live in the basement section where she does not. I own and she rents. What are the odds are her living her forever?

What we mean by "contact" is living in close proximity with the OP, as you do. She is very close and you pass her home, see her driving by, at stores, and hear about her from neighbors. It is like the alcoholic staying the bar all day; he can reach for a drink at any time. And is more likely to reach for the drink since he sees it all the time.

Anytime your husband has a moment of weakness, all he has to do is reach out because the opportunity is right there.

Exposure 101

M
M

And once again, you can reject the advice here. You don't need our approval. I don't understand why you keep coming back trying to defend your choices. You don't need to do that. Just reject our advice and move on..

Exposure 101

T
T
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by FightTheFight
I will say that I'm totally flabbergasted by the response of this BS though. She is pretty consistent in her position that she is not bothered at all by the OW. Just today, as predicted, another neighbor mentioned the OW in conversation and she said she wasn't the slightest bit affected by it. I think it bothered me more than anyone present to be honest.

It doesn't flabbergast me at all. She will say or do anything to justify not moving. So sad to see where she is headed. frown

Sad that people can not be honest even with themselves when they are wrong.

I
I

It makes no difference if you aren't doing the program. Confused what you are still doing here.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

M
M
Originally Posted by indiegirl
Confused what you are still doing here.
Because she has her anonymous reputation to defend? think

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 610 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation