Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
U
U
Originally Posted by tweetyj98
Anyway, I don't know if you all will agree but I've decided to confront my husband first before I expose. I really need to talk with him and hear what he has to say no matter if it's all lies. I plan on calling him tonight and hopefully we can set up a time to talk in person, which is how I'd like to confront him. If that doesn't work, I plan to just discuss this over the phone.

Why do you need to confront him? Do you think he is in a trance and does not know he is having an affair? He already knows he is having an affair of course, so there is no reason to tell him so.

Why do you need to hear what he has to say? You know for a fact it will be lies. He has been lying to you for a very long time. Indie is right, if he suspects you know he will do some scrambling, and it may make your exposure less effective.

He is already moved out and left you. Exposure is THE KEY to turning this affair upside down. Do you want to do that? Or would you rather follow your emotions and listen to more lies?

U
U
You've done a great job of gathering your evidence and organizing your exposure targets Tweetie. Don't blow it by tipping him off!

And especially don't give away your sources, like the FB page.

B
B
Originally Posted by tweetyj98
Anyway, I don't know if you all will agree but I've decided to confront my husband first before I expose. I really need to talk with him and hear what he has to say no matter if it's all lies. I plan on calling him tonight and hopefully we can set up a time to talk in person, which is how I'd like to confront him. If that doesn't work, I plan to just discuss this over the phone.

I think this is a strategic mistake. There is no need to confront WH. You can talk to him after exposure.

That you stopped posting to collect your thoughts...well...I would hate to see you talk to your lying WH then put off exposure because of more hurt feelings and you need to collect yourself again. During that time he and OW will be telling people you are crazy, unbalanced and jealous. WH will likely to try and gaslight you...some WSs succeed at selling their BSs some lame story or accepting blame for their affair. I have seen this far too often...BSs postponing exposure and then they loose their courage to expose. Please don't put yourself on that list. Expose first and talk to him later.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
B
B
On your letter to H friends, there is one typo:
because she has been carrying on an affair with a old girlfriend named OW (she needs to be he).

On your letter to friends of WH, I agree with indiegirl. Ditch that sentence about continued dishonesty.

GOOD JOB getting these ready! And kudos for discovering his FB account and getting the OW friends names. smile

Confronting your H prior to exposure is a mistake. Many of us way underestimated the power of an addiction...we did not fully understand the gravity of the reality that our spouse was NOT on our team while still in the A...and any info that was gleaned via confrontation would only be used to safely gaslight us and go further underground. frown

DDays - six months of them
THANK YOU God and Marriage Builders.
We never knew that it could be this good! smile
I
I
Like Nike preaches - Just Do It!

The time for talk is over.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

I
I
Tweety, I'd like to see you stop the fearful hand wringing and fearing what is really nothing more than a truthful request for help.

But it's your life.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

W
W
Tweety, have you exposed? I know it's a scary feeling to do this, I felt that fear before I exposed my wife. Exposing the affair is going to give you the chance to stop the affair and save your marriage. If he has a heavy conscious and has a lot of guilt it's in your favor. My wife had ton of guilt and her conscious would just eat at her and she feared what everyone would think of her. If I would of never exposed her, she would of slipped under the radar with OM and we would be divorced. It's been almost a year and we have become closer than ever, even when we first met. JUST EXPOSE HIM!

ME46
WW 38
D-day 2/13/14

Ephesians 5:11-13
11 Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (3 invisible), 281 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation