Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 46 of 68 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 67 68
P
OP Offline
P
She got one of the posts removed.

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
A
A
It seems like it would be hard to prove cyberstalking. It usually has to be a pattern of behavior. Do you have records to show that you did most of it at the same time?

P
OP Offline
P
What does that mean? Oh yeah. I did most of the exposure in January.

A
A
I'm not sure what the laws are in your area but generally stalking is defined as a pattern of behavior. So once or twice wouldn't meet the definition. But it depends on the case law in your state. if you posted several places but did it all at once, it might not count as a pattern. You could ask your attorney.

N
N
I think we're getting ahead of ourselves. All PW got was a silly C&D letter that wasn't even sent registered.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
N
N
I think PW should get a lawyer to send OW a C&D letter telling her to stop the affair... smile I mean, as long as we're sending meaningless C&D letters with nothing to back them up.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
L
L
Originally Posted by nmwb77
I think we're getting ahead of ourselves. All PW got was a silly C&D letter that wasn't even sent registered.

Exactly.

As warped as it might be, your H might have given her the address to somehow pull you back in and get some sort of connection, even if it's fighting. It's not necessarily that he's on 'her side', although it shows a gapping lack of judgement.

I'd say ignore it, leave the truth out there, and request 'no more harassment' if you get another letter. She hasn't thought this through at all - there is no way she is going to want a fully public lawsuit detailing her skanky behavior.

Plan B it and let those two deal with the nasty public consequences of their nasty marriage destroying behavior.

L
L
Originally Posted by nmwb77
I think PW should get a lawyer to send OW a C&D letter telling her to stop the affair... smile I mean, as long as we're sending meaningless C&D letters with nothing to back them up.

That made me laugh - haha!

I think no response is better. It's a position of power.

P
OP Offline
P
I posted in a bunch of places. Once in October and then a bunch in January. So, I am not sure if that is a pattern.

Honestly, if she wants things taken down, it makes the most sense to just use those post removal services because then you can't post the name again. Doing it this way is just costly.

P
OP Offline
P
I am actually more worried about that than a meaningless libel lawsuit. I am not sure how hard/easy it is to prove.

N
N
Originally Posted by PigletWiglet
I am actually more worried about that than a meaningless libel lawsuit. I am not sure how hard/easy it is to prove.

The cyberstalking nonsense? If you did not threaten her, then there's no case. I see nothing in those posts that comes across as threatening.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
L
L

In any event it will cost her money and time. I really think she just wants you to stop posting the truth. You haven't posted anything since January, and don't plan on doing any more right? So she has what she wants. If she pursues this, she is the one keeping it alive. Even her lawyer has to see that.

N
N
Google california cyberstalking laws. The first hit gives the things that have to be proven. Just like in a defamation case the statement has to be false, in a cyberstalking case there has to be a credible threat.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
P
OP Offline
P
I credibly moved 500 miles away from her, so she'd have to deal with that.

P
OP Offline
P
Lawyer told me to stop posting and let if go.

N
N
Lawyer told me to stop posting and let if go.

Well, you already had, right? Relax. Everything's going to be fine. Focus on something else. (I know, easier said than done.)

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
P
OP Offline
P
Yeah, but that post from shes a homewrecker showed up the day I got the letter. Lol. I must have written if 3-4 weeks ago.

P
OP Offline
P
Thanks! I know it will be fine. I'm not going to google her name any longer. I don't care what's up/what's down--nothing. She is going to be banished from my life from now on.

N
N
Thanks! I know it will be fine. I'm not going to google her name any longer. I don't care what's up/what's down--nothing. She is going to be banished from my life from now on.

Good. smile Now to take my own advice. laugh

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
L
L

Great!! You have too bright a future stay in the mud of that stuff.

Page 46 of 68 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 67 68

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation