Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
P
P

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

I
I
Some examples of men who committed suicide because their wife or partner was not allowed to leave. Oh they also killed the kids too to exert control over her even after death.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/nov/05/ukcrime.lornamartin

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

P
P
Ooops, I meant Read THIS thread

Last edited by Prisca; 03/05/15 03:47 PM.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

L
L
Originally Posted by pleasewearmyshoe
I have absorbed the advise. As well as looked into the cycle of abuse. I am aware that I may very likely be experiencing the honeymoon phase. And if it proves to be the case, then I will indeed leave FOR GOOD. I am preparing myself to do so, in case the time comes. Again I appreciate everything you have done for me, and do not take it for granted one bit. My return may appear as a hopeless failure, but I am sure that I am a changed, stronger woman who will NOT put up with an ounce of abuse against myself nor my son

I have said similar things. I believed what I had said, that I was stronger and I could do these changes. it took me years to ACTUALLY do what I needed to do. Your life and your children's lives are in danger. I did not want to believe that horrible things could happen to my children and myself.......others told me as well that they could. I wanted to believe so strongly that I could protect myself and them. The best protection that I provided for us was to move far away and to get out of the abusive relationship.

A new life without the abuse that you are enduring sounds scary since you are minimizing the current situation...........I know, I lived it. Please, think really hard about this. I will pray for you.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying"...... The Shawshank Redemption.
H
H
If you are still reading, I would make fail-safe birth control (e.g. 3-month injection, IUD - preferrably both) a priority.

Women who are in the process of distancing themselves from men who feel their girlfriend owes it to them to stay with them, will often find themselves pregnant unexpectedly. Not wanting to go to the pregnancy alone (gloomy prospect), they will hold out on the "comfy" Titanic for an extra few years, rather then skip into a cold and windy life boat.

me, DH
all the children
P
P
Skip the birth control. Be a strong woman, instead of just telling yourself that you are a strong woman, and GET OUT OF THERE.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

H
H
PWMS,

How are you and your son doing?
Do you want to give us an update?
Are you succeeding in standing up for yourself and does your boyfriend have anger management?
Do you have a plan B, if things do not work out as planned and do you go to church or children's play group to have some outside people who can attest that you are a good mother?

me, DH
all the children
I
I
Originally Posted by pleasewearmyshoe
And after all, what choice did I have now?? He was once again in control. We had sex. .

Remember how he told you he was going to take the boy unless he could rape you?

Does that come up much in bible study or does it tend to focus more on your 'sinful desires'?

What a con man.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,097 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation