Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
A
Super mom!

You call yourself super mom in one breath, and then apologize for him sexually assaulting your daughter.

You might be the foggiest person I've ever seen on here.

Wake up! God will guide you? What does He have to do? You've learned all this and still bed with evil. I will pray for you, and your grandchildren for when they become the next target. Good heavens, I can't even.

I
I
oh well, as long as he began to target her when you were seriously ill and she more vulnerable than ever that's all OK then.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

I
I
Originally Posted by Wounded45
It will take a TON of counseling, and even more prayers - but I know that God will guide me through this.

Counselling for who? Up to your daughter surely to decide how to treat her trauma. You don't need it and I can't seriously think you are talking about your husband.

When are you calling the cops?

I
I
She has said in the past week that when I was in the hospital, that's when my husband started to act strange with her. She said he would hold her hand, and it made her uncomfortable, but she didn't want to think it meant anything. .

. As I drove her home, it became apparent to me that she had been drinking, but I didn't know how she got the alcohol because she had been with me for hours. After I dropped her off, I called my husband and asked him if he knew where she would have gotten alcohol and told him that she was trashed. He seemed shocked and said he didn't know, that she was with him the entire time they were at the store, and the store they went to does not sell alcohol.

I immediately sent a text to my daughter asking her what the hell was going on. My husband also sent her a text asking her why her boyfriend was saying this because other than to hug her, he has never touched her. Her response to him was "Yes you did and you know it. I won't lie for you." Her response to me was just as short. It said "He picked me up, pulled over, put his hands down my pants and his tongue down my throat and when I pushed him away he apologized and said that he had developed feelings for me.....

Sex has always been at the very top of his needs list - and has even said several times over the years that if his "stuff ever stops working" that he would shoot himself. He always said it jokingly, and has never been suicidal, but that's just how important sex has always been to him. He went back to the doctor and she switched his meds. He continued to have a problem maintaining an erection.

My husband works away from home, and is only home 2-3 days a week. I will admit that for awhile I thought he might be having an affair with a much younger co-worker and that was possibly why he could not maintain an erection. I did some major snooping, and came to the conclusion that there was nothing going on between my husband and his co-worker.

I told him that all of our children have issues - the oldest (who got married right out of high school) was going through a divorce...another one of our daughters recently miscarried...each one of them needed their dad's support - but my daughter was the only one getting it.

Your husband's quite an accomplished liar isn't he?

I
I
. As I drove her home, it became apparent to me that she had been drinking, but I didn't know how she got the alcohol because she had been with me for hours. After I dropped her off, I called my husband and asked him if he knew where she would have gotten alcohol and told him that she was trashed. He seemed shocked and said he didn't know, that she was with him the entire time they were at the store, and the store they went to does not sell alcohol.

This isn't someone who just wandered into inappropriate feelings.

Look into the health story covering up his lack of erections and the co-worker story too.

A
A
indiegirl,
...but I know that God will guide me through this.

I believe God is guiding you through this. He sent you here where experienced, knowledgeable people see your situation with clarity you do not have right now.

The question is - will you muster the strength to follow the advise you know to be correct or will you roll over for evil and betray your daughter because you feel weak and it's easier to rationalize and make excuses than confront reality?

B
B
Originally Posted by indiegirl
She has said in the past week that when I was in the hospital, that's when my husband started to act strange with her. She said he would hold her hand, and it made her uncomfortable, but she didn't want to think it meant anything. .

I immediately sent a text to my daughter asking her what the hell was going on. My husband also sent her a text asking her why her boyfriend was saying this because other than to hug her, he has never touched her. Her response to him was "Yes you did and you know it. I won't lie for you." Her response to me was just as short. It said "He picked me up, pulled over, put his hands down my pants and his tongue down my throat and when I pushed him away he apologized and said that he had developed feelings for me.....

Sex has always been at the very top of his needs list - and has even said several times over the years that if his "stuff ever stops working" that he would shoot himself. He always said it jokingly, and has never been suicidal, but that's just how important sex has always been to him. He went back to the doctor and she switched his meds. He continued to have a problem maintaining an erection.

My husband works away from home, and is only home 2-3 days a week. I will admit that for awhile I thought he might be having an affair with a much younger co-worker and that was possibly why he could not maintain an erection. I did some major snooping, and came to the conclusion that there was nothing going on between my husband and his co-worker.

I told him that all of our children have issues - the oldest (who got married right out of high school) was going through a divorce...another one of our daughters recently miscarried...each one of them needed their dad's support - but my daughter was the only one getting it.

Your husband's quite an accomplished liar isn't he?
and this may be why he was so nonchalant about a polygraph.

Wounded, you prayed for guidance weeks ago and have been guided straight to the truth of the matter when you could have easily been duped and betrayed yet again and subsequently betrayed your daughter again as well. you have the truth now. What guidance more do you need before you stand up and stop the cycle of wounding and start healing?

Married to Pearlseeker for 13 yrs
I
I
He told all of our children what my daughter had accused him of - and each time, he cried. At one point he put his head in his hands and just sobbed and said "This is so hard." On one hand, he is not acting like he is guilty of any wrong-doing ...

He was going to let you think this forever.

L
L
Schedule the danged polygraph already for goodness sake!!!

I still don't believe your alcoholic/addict daughter, but YOU can get the truth from your Husband, so DO IT, Once And For All.

Just because your daughter "Says" she has texts does not mean she actually has them.

I call BS on her not wanting to forward them to you. Anybody can create a fake Contact Name in their phone and "Say" the text is from So And So.

Also, it's pretty easy to send Spoof Texts.

Do the danged Polygraph and quit beating yourself up.

Your daughter previously REFUSED to take a polygraph when you asked her to.

Go look at her phone and YOU Forward those supposed texts to yourself..... IF she hasn't accidentally deleted them when you want to finally see them.

I DO NOT believe alcoholic addicts on ANYTHING!!!

LTL

Last edited by LearnedTooLate; 03/26/15 08:17 PM.
P
P
Which is why they are the perfect targets for sexual assault.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

B
B
So what is your plan?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
I've given this a lot of thought over the past week. As angry and hurt as I am with him, I honestly don't believe he targeted her. I think that a series of really sh*tty events happened over the course of the past year and that a LOT of mistakes were made that shouldn't have been. I will try to explain. And please don't think that I am in any way trying to defend him - this is just how I am seeing things in hindsight.

You continue to guess and speculate without actually taking the steps to find out the truth. You know if he takes the polygraph you won't be able to maintain the denial.

Having him take a polygraph would be much less effort than all the denying, spinning and rationalizing. All of the mental masturbation in these posts could be spent facing the truth. And just think, he might even pass the test and save you the trouble of spinning, rationalizing and endless demonizing of your daughter.

I understand your daughter is satan incarnate, as described by you, but what if she is telling the truth? You aren't going to get that answer from spinning and rationalizing. You may very well settle this issue by having your husband go through a polygraph.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Also, you can retrieve your husbands text messages from his phone. You don't have to rely upon "Satana" for them.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
Originally Posted by Prisca

All the more reason to actually FOLLOW THROUGH this time and actually have him TAKE the polygraph, Not Just SAY He will.

LTL

P
P
Originally Posted by LearnedTooLate
Originally Posted by Prisca

All the more reason to actually FOLLOW THROUGH this time and actually have him TAKE the polygraph, Not Just SAY He will.

LTL

Exactly. A polygraph is the only way to remove all doubt.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

S
S
First of all, I am in no way demonizing my daughter. I'm sorry if it is coming across that way - I'm just stating facts. My daughter has had serious issues for a LONG time. For YEARS her father and I tried to get help for her, but it's damn near impossible when she has never felt that she had problems. We did what we could. One therapist agreed that she had some anxiety and depression based on the questionnaire that she did agree to fill out, and what her father and I told him. He wanted to put her on some medication, she refused. Even as a minor, we could not force her take medication. The therapist told her father and I that legally we could not force her to take the medication, and we couldn't force her to talk to the therapist either. I love my daughter - she is my first-born, and more than anything in this world I want to see her happy and healthy - physically, mentally, and emotionally. But until SHE is ready to do what she needs to do and admit she has issues with drugs, alcohol, and depression, there is not a damn thing I can do for her. She watched her father battle the WORST, most EVIL disease on earth for 5 years, then she watched him give up even though she and her sister begged and pleaded for him not to, and a year later, he died while she and her sister ate lunch in the hospital cafeteria - it's no wonder she has issues. I'm not saying she's a horrible person - she's not - the drugs and alcohol she pumps into her system on a daily basis are the demons that have a hold of my daughter.

But all of you are right...I need to DO something about this. I'm a processor - it's something I learned in my first marriage. I had the horrible habit of reacting badly to every and any situation that made me angry, uncomfortable, hurt, etc. So I started processing...every scenario, every possible reaction that I could have, how people would react to my reactions. It's exhausting. But for some reason I can't stop doing it.

M
M
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
So what is your plan?

Wounded, Marriage Builders is about making and following a plan to solve your problems. We push people to follow plans here because we want to help them. We would not be your friends if we let you engage in endless hand-wringing about how bad you feel.

The kindest thing my Marriage Builders mentor, HerPapaBear, ever did for me was to repeatedly ask me "So what is your plan?" every time I told him what was happening to me.

So imagine that all of your good friends at Marriage Builders have come over, we are all in your living room, picking you up and insisting that you not sit here paralyzed but that instead you get to work and start solving this problem. You know we are your friends, right? If you will trust us and start ACTING instead of TALKING about how bad it is, soon it will not be that bad.

Let's start by getting the truth. Get on the horn and schedule that polygraph immediately.

We are not going to be enablers for you and let you do the hand-wringing thing. Let's get going, Wounded. You've already admitted you made a mistake. No sense whining about it. You have an opportunity now to repeat the mistake, or to get going on a plan this time. Time for Wounded to make a plan to not repeat being Wounded. Let's roll.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Originally Posted by StayWithMe
But for some reason I can't stop doing it.

You don't need to know the reason, and you don't need to engage in endless analysis and hand-wringing about it.

Work the plan.

Have you found a polygrapher yet?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
First of all, I am in no way demonizing my daughter. I'm sorry if it is coming across that way - I'm just stating facts. My daughter has had serious issues for a LONG time. For YEARS her father and I tried to get help for her, but it's damn near impossible when she has never felt that she had problems. We did what we could. One therapist agreed that she had some anxiety and depression based on the questionnaire that she did agree to fill out, and what her father and I told him. He wanted to put her on some medication, she refused. Even as a minor, we could not force her take medication. The therapist told her father and I that legally we could not force her to take the medication, and we couldn't force her to talk to the therapist either. I love my daughter - she is my first-born, and more than anything in this world I want to see her happy and healthy - physically, mentally, and emotionally. But until SHE is ready to do what she needs to do and admit she has issues with drugs, alcohol, and depression, there is not a damn thing I can do for her. She watched her father battle the WORST, most EVIL disease on earth for 5 years, then she watched him give up even though she and her sister begged and pleaded for him not to, and a year later, he died while she and her sister ate lunch in the hospital cafeteria - it's no wonder she has issues. I'm not saying she's a horrible person - she's not - the drugs and alcohol she pumps into her system on a daily basis are the demons that have a hold of my daughter.

But all of you are right...I need to DO something about this. I'm a processor - it's something I learned in my first marriage. I had the horrible habit of reacting badly to every and any situation that made me angry, uncomfortable, hurt, etc. So I started processing...every scenario, every possible reaction that I could have, how people would react to my reactions. It's exhausting. But for some reason I can't stop doing it.

I understand your DD is an alcoholic. We already know that. More citations of her crimes will not change the situation. All of these posts citing a laundry list of her crimes are a distraction from the problem and make no sense. The issue at hand is whether or not your H has assaulted her. A polygraph should resolve that question.

What is with the new screen name?

Exposure 101

M
M

Wounded, don't post about your feelings. Your feelings are going to be "I feel like crap." Instead, post about the PROGRESS you are making following the PLAN. If you will follow the PLAN eventually you will not feel like crap.

If you continue to post about your feelings instead of following the PLAN to get the TRUTH, we will hold your feet to the fire and remind you that you will continue to feel like CRAP until you work the PLAN and get the TRUTH.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 629 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation