Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
BRgirl, if you have been reading Dr Harley's work then you know he advocates plan A for women no longer than 3-4 weeks after an affair. If her husband will not cooperate in recovery then separation and plan b is warranted.

When will you have reached the 3 week mark?

In December, 2014 I found the inappropriate emails and dating ads he was sending. I found marriage builders in late January 2015. I introduced MB to my husband in February.

I started Plan A back in late February. I did it for maybe 3 weeks.

I don't think I gave it my all during the first time in Plan A.

While I was doing Plan A in late February, I continued to look into all the past credit card bills and email accounts and other avenues searching for answers because I felt there was more than what my husband revealed to me in December, 2014. While searching through the credit card bills and past emails, I discovered some things that my husband did not reveal to me in December, 2014.

In early March, I gave my husband a list of 30 questions to answer regarding some facts I knew. Based on his answers, some were the truth and some were not.

I don't feel I handled my first attempt at Plan A the correct way. Am I wrong? While in plan A, should I have been looking into the past when Plan A is suppose to move us forward?

M
M
Originally Posted by BRgirl38
[I started Plan A back in late February. I did it for maybe 3 weeks.

I don't think I gave it my all during the first time in Plan A.

I don't feel I handled my first attempt at Plan A the correct way. Am I wrong? While in plan A, should I have been looking into the past when Plan A is suppose to move us forward?

Plan A time is done. All Plan A means is that you offer to meet his needs in the marriage if he cooperates in a plan of recovery. That is all it is.

Now would be the time to show him what it will take for recovery, starting with taking a polygraph. If he won't cooperate, then you should make plans to separate and go into Plan B.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
[I don't feel I handled my first attempt at Plan A the correct way. Am I wrong? While in plan A, should I have been looking into the past when Plan A is suppose to move us forward?

Yes, you were supposed to look into his past because he was not telling you the truth. This is critical information about your life and you should always snoop on him. You have a right to look at everything, his emails, credit card bills, everything.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
There is NO stage in Marriage Builders that excludes snooping. Snooping is good for your marriage.

Exposure 101

S
skd Offline
S
You need to get it straight in you mind that you will ALWAYS have to snoop on this man. Like ML said, in a MB Marriage snooping is ALWAYS acceptable and suggested by Dr. Harley. You also must snoop secretively from your H. If he discovers a snooping method then you need to find something else and like Melody once told me, "You must become a better snooper". My H (soon to be XH) didn't appreciate the comment nor did he like me snooping. Why do you think that was? Because he was having an EA that he was hiding and if I snooped I was going to uncover it. DO NOT feel guilty for snooping...it's a necessity and will be for eternity if both of you are willing to recover. You might decide it is too much of an emotional burden to bear and that is why Plan B is effective to protect your emotional state.

FS of 27yrs
BW
DDay 11/2013
Began MB Seminar 7/2014
H quit MB Seminar 10/2014
Filed for D 11/17/2014
PB 12/18/2014
D 07/29/2015
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation