Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
SusieQ #2855461 05/26/15 03:22 AM
H
H
Originally Posted by SusieQ
Zucchini lasagna. So delish! I can honestly say I think I like this better than any regular lasagna recipe I have made.

Solid tip to take away from that one; grilling the zucchini.

My one gripe with zucchini lasagna has been that the zucchini ends up kind of "pickled" by the sauce.

Grilling it first would help counteract that!

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
J
J
Zucchini.
Come to my house.
I had so much last year I had to compost it.
my favorite is to bake it stuffed with fresh tomatoes and mozzarella cheese

M
M
love zucchini!!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S

Just a tip: I baked the zucchini for a few minutes on each side in the oven vs grill bc I don't have a grill pan.

I figured out the macros/calories per serving for anyone who is following that kind of thing...lemme know and I can post smile

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
SusieQ #2855501 05/26/15 12:05 PM
S
S
Zucchini lasagna. So delish! I can honestly say I think I like this better than any regular lasagna recipe I have made.

I think you were just trying to fool us foreigners by not calling them by their proper name - courgettes! You were trying to keep this recipe secret from us, but we sussed it out!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Originally Posted by SugarCane

I think you were just trying to fool us foreigners by not calling them by their proper name - courgettes! You were trying to keep this recipe secret from us, but we sussed it out!

a courgette??? Nooo

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

SusieQ #2855507 05/26/15 12:41 PM
S
skd Offline
S
I figured out the macros/calories per serving for anyone who is following that kind of thing...lemme know and I can post smile
Please post, I am definitely keeping track of daily intake & portion control.

FS of 27yrs
BW
DDay 11/2013
Began MB Seminar 7/2014
H quit MB Seminar 10/2014
Filed for D 11/17/2014
PB 12/18/2014
D 07/29/2015
I
I

Oh my goodness I was trying to do the same yank to brit translation myself earlier for these posts! But I couldn't remember if zucchini was courgette or aubergine.

I'm clearly too tired to think because I know they call aubergine eggplant which I think is by far the better name!

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

B
B
One of our favorite quick and easy summer meals is slices of the outside meaty portions (just toss the pithy seed core) as a crust substitute topped with pizza sauce and toppings. Can be done on the grill or in the oven. You actually want the giant overgrown ones for this. I like it even better than zucchini lasagna.

Married to Pearlseeker for 13 yrs
M
M
Originally Posted by buildsherhouse
One of our favorite quick and easy summer meals is slices of the outside meaty portions (just toss the pithy seed core) as a crust substitute topped with pizza sauce and toppings. Can be done on the grill or in the oven. You actually want the giant overgrown ones for this. I like it even better than zucchini lasagna.

What a great idea! I will have to try this.

Exposure 101

S
S

you lost me!! rotflmao

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
skd #2855548 05/26/15 06:27 PM
S
S
Originally Posted by skd
Please post, I am definitely keeping track of daily intake & portion control.

Sure. Just need to point out that I used reduced fat already shredded mozzarella cheese, (2cups). That was the only deviation from the recipe and this is based on the lasagna being 12 servings.

Calories: 212
Fat: 11.2
Carbs: 9.4
Protein: 23.5

ETA: also used part skim ricotta. Oops!

Last edited by SusieQ; 05/26/15 06:43 PM.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
SusieQ #2855973 06/01/15 08:58 PM
S
skd Offline
S

Oh my gosh, I can't believe how wonderful this lasagna was. I totally agree with you that this is better than any lasagna made with pasta. It is so filling, but not the stuffed feeling I would get from the pasta variety. I added Portobello Mushrooms to it as well and saut�ed them with the onion/garlic. I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow already. Thanks again for sharing.

FS of 27yrs
BW
DDay 11/2013
Began MB Seminar 7/2014
H quit MB Seminar 10/2014
Filed for D 11/17/2014
PB 12/18/2014
D 07/29/2015
skd #2856848 06/12/15 04:01 PM
S
S
Originally Posted by skd

Oh my gosh, I can't believe how wonderful this lasagna was. I totally agree with you that this is better than any lasagna made with pasta. It is so filling, but not the stuffed feeling I would get from the pasta variety. I added Portobello Mushrooms to it as well and saut�ed them with the onion/garlic. I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow already. Thanks again for sharing.

So glad you liked it! smile

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
SusieQ #2856849 06/12/15 04:02 PM
S
S
The other low carb thing I like to have on hand during the summer are frozen burgers - I have been getting the turkey Bubba and also the angus - to throw on the grill.

Here is a paleo recipe for a bun but I have also eaten them plain (like a steak).

easy recipe: Sweet Potato Pancakes from Practical Paleo

prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
yield: 4-6 pancakes (or more, depending on size)
Click here for estimated nutrition facts.

Ingredients
coconut oil to pan-fry in (amount will vary)
3 eggs
2 teaspoons coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups shredded sweet potatoes (using a food processor with a shredding disc is ideal, or you can shred them by hand)

Preparation
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the coconut flour, cinnamon, ground ginger, and sea salt. Mix in the shredded sweet potatoes until well combined.

Add about 1/8 inch of coconut oil to a large cast iron or ceramic nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Spoon the mixture into the skillet in �cakes� that are 4-6 inches in diameter, and cook approximately 3-4 minutes per side until they hold together, flipping once as you would a regular pancake.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 570 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation