Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 48 of 55 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 54 55
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
Originally Posted by axslinger85
I wish I could even have "saved" myself for whoever my future wife is because I know what it's like to feel cheated in that regard, but if there's a consolation at least it is that this first marriage was mostly sexless so it won't be hard to exceed it in that area.

Well, we are programmed to have sex. There is nothing wrong in the fact that you were married and had sex with your wife.
This paragraph is not rational. I think you are thinking too emotionally about this aspect of your life.

It's not rational, agreed.

Happily remarried to wonderful woman who I found using the guidelines in "Buyers, Renters, Freeloaders"
2 baby boys, working on #3 and couldn't ask for anything more.

When my ex's affair happened: BH 28, Ex-WW:29
Married: 7 years
Together: 8 years
D-day: 10/5/2014
D filed: 1/22/2015
D Final: 6/4/2015

My story
A
OP Offline
A
Do you plan on being in Plan B until December?

Yes.

Happily remarried to wonderful woman who I found using the guidelines in "Buyers, Renters, Freeloaders"

My story
A
OP Offline
A
Though...increasingly, I can't conceive of a situation where I'd take her back even if she agreed to EPs and such before December. I wouldn't take her back if she was reluctant about anything (as many BHs on here do) and if she was enthusiastic, I would have such a difficult time trusting her that it's hard to imagine becoming excited about the idea.

Every time I read about a false recovery on here it's another nail in the coffin of my willingness. I think...why? Why would I roll the dice on that?

I doubt anything changes so I feel that part of it is an academic discussion. A lot of waiting till December is to prevent myself from getting involved with anyone new before then.

My story
G
G
Ax

You wrote, there's a consolation at least it is that this first marriage was mostly sexless so it won't be hard to exceed it in that area.

Would you want to go back to that?

Gamma

A
OP Offline
A
We didn't have MB. I think the approach here would have produced very different results.

My story
N
N
When the New testament was written, there were only a few churches so people were more bound to follow their rules. But today there are hundreds, perhaps thousands of denominations of Christian Churches. So if one church does not accept your divorce you can go across the street to one that does.

I know you're being facetious, but that's the problem with picking and choosing what to believe. I think it's important to study the Bible and learn what it says, trying not to force your own beliefs into the interpretation. I think the Bible is written in a straightforward manner, but we too often want it to say what it does not or not to say what it does. So we do linguistic gymnastics to make it fit what we want to believe. The problem is, we're not the ones who decide right and wrong.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
M
M
When the New testament was written, there were only a few churches so people were more bound to follow their rules. But today there are hundreds, perhaps thousands of denominations of Christian Churches. So if one church does not accept your divorce you can go across the street to one that does.

http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/11-19.htm

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
P
P
Though...increasingly, I can't conceive of a situation where I'd take her back even if she agreed to EPs and such before December. I wouldn't take her back if she was reluctant about anything (as many BHs on here do) and if she was enthusiastic, I would have such a difficult time trusting her that it's hard to imagine becoming excited about the idea.

Every time I read about a false recovery on here it's another nail in the coffin of my willingness. I think...why? Why would I roll the dice on that?

I doubt anything changes so I feel that part of it is an academic discussion. A lot of waiting till December is to prevent myself from getting involved with anyone new before then.

Indeed. I cannot even imagine taking mine back. I get the shakes when he comes to the door to get my daughter. The fact that I have a physical reaction even in Plan B makes me think it would be impossible. He is so unsafe and such a horrible bet... Why, indeed.

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
N
N
Maybe it's because I was married longer and got married younger than you guys, but I can't get the image of the sweet, innocent girl I married out of my mind. I'm having a hard time giving up on her even though we're officially divorced.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
J
J
Originally Posted by PigletWiglet

Indeed. I cannot even imagine taking mine back. I get the shakes when he comes to the door to get my daughter. The fact that I have a physical reaction even in Plan B makes me think it would be impossible. He is so unsafe and such a horrible bet... Why, indeed.

Piglet,

You are having a physical reaction because he is coming to your door.
You are not in Plan B. In Plan B you would not be exposed to him coming to your door.

J
J
Originally Posted by nmwb77

I know you're being facetious, but that's the problem with picking and choosing what to believe. I think it's important to study the Bible and learn what it says, trying not to force your own beliefs into the interpretation. I think the Bible is written in a straightforward manner, but we too often want it to say what it does not or not to say what it does. So we do linguistic gymnastics to make it fit what we want to believe. The problem is, we're not the ones who decide right and wrong.

No. I'm being very straight forward.
Some people refuse to divorce because their church tells them not to.
Harley himself once counseled a woman and recommended that she leave her husband after he tried to bury her alive. Her church became upset and never referred another member to him for counseling.

If the lady was going to be bound by a church's rules she could find one that did not say she must submit to being buried alive.

J
J

Yes.

Okay so you have delivered the Plan B letter and she has someone to contact if she wants to end her affair and commit to recovery (IM)?

N
N

No. I'm being very straight forward.
Some people refuse to divorce because their church tells them not to.
Harley himself once counseled a woman and recommended that she leave her husband after he tried to bury her alive. Her church became upset and never referred another member to him for counseling.

If the lady was going to be bound by a church's rules she could find one that did not say she must submit to being buried alive.

In that case, I think it comes down to: choose a church that isn't crazy. wink I think it's easy enough to find a church that reveres the scriptures without being pharasaical.

Last edited by nmwb77; 06/12/15 04:54 PM.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
P
P
Originally Posted by PigletWiglet

Piglet,

You are having a physical reaction because he is coming to your door.
You are not in Plan B. In Plan B you would not be exposed to him coming to your door.

I don't see or talk to him. I stay completely behind the door when he drops her off. I just open the door and shut it the second she comes in. He just leaves her things outside. If my dad is home he gets the door. I don't really have another alternative for the door situation until I can put her in preschool.

I haven't see him physically or talked to him in 8 months. Just his existence bothers me.

J
J
Piglet,
I understand your situation.
I am pointing out that you are having emotional reactions just from your limited exposure to him.
I've been on this forum for years and those that follow Plan B strictly seem to move forward better than those that don't. In the case of BW's, they usually write about how much more liberated they feel after a few months while those who remain in contact post about their WH's and stress.

P
P
I do feel very liberated.

I have done everything earthly possible to keep him away and it has worked. preschool will totally eliminate any at home pick ups and even if that does need to happen from time to time, she is only getting older, so she'll be able to let herself out soon. Until that time, I continue to just hide completely behind the door and let her out.

A
OP Offline
A
Maybe it's because I was married longer and got married younger than you guys, but I can't get the image of the sweet, innocent girl I married out of my mind. I'm having a hard time giving up on her even though we're officially divorced.

If you're 37 and had been married for 16 years, then we married at about the same age. I was 22 when I got married.

I'm not sure what I can add that I haven't already said about my ex....surely I remember the woman I married but I haven't given her a behavioral blank check to cover all of what has happened in the last year.

I also believe marriage is sacred and this is all a tragedy, but I would be foolhardy to just jump back into things with her given the advice I've received from Dr. Harley and many experienced posters here NOT to do that.

My story
N
N
Math obviously isn't my strong point. laugh

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
A
OP Offline
A

Yes.

Okay so you have delivered the Plan B letter and she has someone to contact if she wants to end her affair and commit to recovery (IM)?

2x4 time for me.

No, I came up with a draft of the letter and never actually sent one. I waffled on whether to send one or not before the D was final since she had actually printed out my Plan A emails and brought them to the RO hearing as evidence of stalking/harassment, and by the time D was final I was asking myself "Do I really even want her to know the door is open till the end of the year?"

I do have a friend ready to go as an IM, he's read the thread on how to do it and I've talked to him about how to do it, but no I didn't send any Plan B letter.

Only communications I've received from her are a few emails since I filed D back in January and they were all property demands that I ignored and did not respond to.

So yeah...I'm not following all of the rules here but I don't really know how much it matters since she doesn't attempt to make any contact with me anyways. And our situation is a bit odd also since D is already final.

She's checked out here, she's not going to try to contact me.

My story
A
OP Offline
A
Math obviously isn't my strong point. laugh

Heh heh, no worries. grin

My story
Page 48 of 55 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (anchorwatch), 535 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation