Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 79
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 79
The last couple years have been hard on us. we faced many challenges. My father was to build our dream home and he passed away as soon as we began. me and the wife and kids brought it to lock up stage, 5000 sq feet, on our own! yeah! we were dam proud. we hired a high end guy to finish because that's what will show and keep our money safe($1,000,000 dream home)and what happens? He gets deathly ill and we get stuck finishing home on our own again with our own hands again. we are very talented at this kind of stuff but our relationship stops cause all we do is work and work on the home.
we start fighting more and more. no date nights. we have always had a kick a@@ sex life and our friends always bug us about it. but i am getting more consumed by the house everyday. i just work, work, work and expect everyone to do the same. i start laying the grounds for a unhappy marriage.


Feb 2 Worst fight ever
I move out of bedroom
Feb 14 Last intimate
Then on- she on the fence
Something very different about her
May 1 Bomb drop
End of may I have fairly solid proof of om
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
Originally Posted by sonotfun
Wow, Thank you for all the responses. i texted her right after you told me i was being "silly" She was quick to return and keep it going.


Yes, but without exposure you'll never get further than this.

Originally Posted by sonotfun
Last i seen her before i traveled away for work we spoke in person and i asked her why she wanted to give up all we have and have been working toward. why we cant make the family work and happy like we used to be.

The only thing she said while crying the whole time was" im still so attracted to you"


A) your traveling job has to go. Or she goes too.
B) it's an addiction. Even when it makes her weep, she can't quit on her own. It needs exposure.

Originally Posted by sonotfun
The kids are 16 boy, 14 d, 6 d
Yes the two oldest are not my biological but i have been with them all there lives and we have very close relationships. They are aware as they were ther when i confronted her on her stay at hotel after she dropped kids off and wanted to know why she needed to take lingerie. the kids told me that she dropped them off at friends and she got hotel. i lost it right then and confronted. told her she can put adultery on the divorce papers.
once i said what i said and realized the kids were there i felt bad and apologized to the kids and her and left.she called right away and cried and i tried so hard to let her know how much i loved her and how much it hurt and she just kept giving me more reasons of how i pushed her away.


Explain it to them properly. Adultery is wrong and you are fighting it.



Originally Posted by sonotfun
Thanks for all your help!!!

Indiegirl, i just don't want to come across as needy or desperate. I think i did enough of that when this started. she fuggen broke me down! That has never happened to me ever before. i am always told how im a mans man, lol. i have never broke like that before. i was usually the typical [censored] guy "don't like me the way i am then leave." not saying i was always an a$$, her friends all say almost any women would love to be treated the way i treated her but they also say when i am an a$$ i am a big a$$ and i hurt her many times like that.

I am so scared i totally broke her heart and know she has no place in it for me and this is her just moving on.


It's needy and desperate to stand on the sidelines while some loser moves in on your family because you're scared THAT will upset somebody!

Listen to that first radio clip on the exposure thread. A husband waited two years, remained his wife's sidekick THEN asked Dr H if he should expose.

Dr H said it was likely impossible as his passivity had proved he was an enabler more concerned with how he looked or upsetting the adulterers, than protecting his marriage.




What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
Originally Posted by sonotfun
The last couple years have been hard on us. we faced many challenges. My father was to build our dream home and he passed away as soon as we began. me and the wife and kids brought it to lock up stage, 5000 sq feet, on our own! yeah! we were dam proud. we hired a high end guy to finish because that's what will show and keep our money safe($1,000,000 dream home)and what happens? He gets deathly ill and we get stuck finishing home on our own again with our own hands again. we are very talented at this kind of stuff but our relationship stops cause all we do is work and work on the home.
we start fighting more and more. no date nights. we have always had a kick a@@ sex life and our friends always bug us about it. but i am getting more consumed by the house everyday. i just work, work, work and expect everyone to do the same. i start laying the grounds for a unhappy marriage.


Yes it would - but none of that causes an affair. Unhappy marriages don't cause affairs.

I was a BS for two years which is about as unhappy as you can get. I didn't even look another man in the eye. Do YOU have a desire for OW in your unhappiness? Of course you don't.

There's only one thing causes affairs: opposite sex friends or flirtation.

I dint care how unhappy a marriage is - an affair can only make things worse!


Last edited by indiegirl; 06/15/15 02:27 PM.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
Originally Posted by sonotfun
No she has not brought him around as she knows how bad of a situation that would be with not only me, the kids,neighbors and friends. He would not live long.


They ALL do.

She's thrown away her marriage for him. Yet you think she's not planning on introducing him?

When he's the new husband there will be zip you can do.



What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650

From the never take the word of a wayward thread.



Originally Posted by indiegirl
Dear me.


It seems like every other post from newbie BSs on this forum seems to contain the phrase 'My WS says....'

This is ok (ish), except when followed by the fatal 'I do believe him/her'

The worst ones then follow up with a desire to 'trust'.

I therefore submit a golden rule.......

NEVER TAKE THE WORD OF A WAYWARD. IF THEY SAY THE SKY IS BLUE -LOOK UP TO CHECK. IT SOUNDS TRUE BUT IT IS PROBABLY RAINING.

Now everyone of us has been there, been gaslighted, been lied to very convincingly by people who we love and know to have honest and upstanding pasts. (oh yes, it's not just yours!)

That goes out of the window when they become addicts however.

A truly repentent wayward will jump through hoops to prove themselves with actions like an NC letter or a polygraph.

Words are just too inadequate and they know that.

Here is my top ten of things waywards lie about

1) It was an EA only
It was a PA, but if I tell you the truth that will have to stop and you will probably leave me.
2)It was a PA, but we only did it once/oral/kissing
I minimimize what I am ashamed of, though there is no logic in doing so.
3)It is your fault for not meeting my ENs
This makes me feel less guilty about my non existent boundaries with the opposite sex
4)Our marriage has been miserable for years
This makes me feel less guilty about my non existent boundaries with the opposite sex
5)I do not love you - I love the OP
I have betrayed my morals and everything I once believed in. I must love the OP - or else I am just stupid for risking so much. Actually I am just greedy and stupid. Dont tell anyone.
6)I want a divorce
But I will not bother filing. This is an idle threat to scare you into submission.
7) She/he is just a friend
That I value more than your discomfort with their presence.
8) I need privacy, that's all
So I can cheat on you
9) I dont need an NC letter because there is no contact
Please dont make me give up my cake
10)You are jealous/controlling/demanding
You are getting really warm and I dont like it.

Can I please invite others to share lies they were told/told themselves that were really convincing and why they should NOT be believed without proof?

Cheers.


What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
A poster on here recently had been an alcoholic, had tried to discipline his stepson (which is disastrous in blended families) had been working night shifts as a cop - disastrous things for any marriage.

The poster (wifedivorcing) discovered the OM was a serial cheater who didn't support his own kids. In spite of promising his wife the world, she was trapped in her A.. He did a stellar exposure, he confronted OM, he didn't quit. He won her back and they are happily recovering today.

Men have a very good chance of wooing back the wayward, because women like being pursued. WDs wife was nowhere near as keen on him as yours is on you. She was downright hostile.

Typically it has nothing to do with the wife's feelings of love (in the addiction they are all crazy anyway) nor the pre-A state of the marriage. It usually boils down to how much of a badazz the BH is and how well he implements Dr Hs advice.

If she is a typical WW and not a serial cheat etc...


Last edited by indiegirl; 06/15/15 02:39 PM.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 79
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 79
Thank you so much indiegirl!!!


Feb 2 Worst fight ever
I move out of bedroom
Feb 14 Last intimate
Then on- she on the fence
Something very different about her
May 1 Bomb drop
End of may I have fairly solid proof of om
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
Did you leave your home? Are you able to move back in?


What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 79
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 79
This is going to be way harder than normal.
Im sure he is a co worker.
Now thing is she has a great job, her job feeds many of her insecurities as it gives her power and respect. it has come up many times. there was a time when she wanted to quit but i told her it was up to her. even though i wanted her so bad to quit but i wanted it to be her decision. i should of stood up and said.

So the way i see it she is getting so many other needs met there now and now she has added emotional and physical needs all under one big roof and a pay chq to boot.

Last edited by sonotfun; 06/15/15 02:53 PM.

Feb 2 Worst fight ever
I move out of bedroom
Feb 14 Last intimate
Then on- she on the fence
Something very different about her
May 1 Bomb drop
End of may I have fairly solid proof of om
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 79
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 79
Yes i left the home. first i went to the new home and worked my a$$ of for 2 months to get it near done and livable. then in an act of love i moved them all in one weekend they were all away. it made the kids so happy and it scared and confused the wife. i moved into old house as wife was uncomfortable.
I was working in the new house that night i moved them and the wife came in to where i was crying and said "this is gonna hurt you so bad". I stood up and looked her straight in the eyes and said " if its over, if you don't want this, if you want out just please tell me. tell me now"
Well all she did was say read the text i sent you this morning while crying and left.
Well basically the text reads that i will only fight for a day. that i was always so willing to give up on her and the marriage. to not be consistent and fight for her. that she was never worth it.

See she has said that so much and i have always, ALWAYS said she is. i have told her for years all the things she has wanted to here but she never believes. i love her so much still after all this [censored].


Feb 2 Worst fight ever
I move out of bedroom
Feb 14 Last intimate
Then on- she on the fence
Something very different about her
May 1 Bomb drop
End of may I have fairly solid proof of om
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 79
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 79
i did so many things wrong. i should never have left the home.
I don't think i could get back in. she would leave and drag the kids away.


Feb 2 Worst fight ever
I move out of bedroom
Feb 14 Last intimate
Then on- she on the fence
Something very different about her
May 1 Bomb drop
End of may I have fairly solid proof of om
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 79
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 79
one of her best friends said this about her.
"When you showed her love in the past, she always came back and showed you love in return. This time though, she is with pure evil and greed."

Scary thing to hear about someone you love so much. so many people have called me to say how she has changed and is not the girl they know.


Feb 2 Worst fight ever
I move out of bedroom
Feb 14 Last intimate
Then on- she on the fence
Something very different about her
May 1 Bomb drop
End of may I have fairly solid proof of om
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,842
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,842
You should not be talking about your marriage problems with an opposite sex friend. That is likely how your wife's affair began.

Do you still have a legal claim to the home? If there is no order removing you, it is still your house. I think there is a post advising men to stay in their homes. It may be in the notable posts. The longer-term members could probably give you more detailed advice.

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
A co-worker is good because you can expose to the workplace too.

It's ok if she moves out in a huff - she'll likely be back when you don't fall to your knees weeping. It's better she abandons the home than YOU do. She won't be able to drag teenagers with her anyway.

Get your exposure plan sorted first, but be ready to move right back in, into your bed. If she's uncomfortable, her deal.

Oh but wear a recorder in case of false allegations.



What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
Originally Posted by sonotfun
one of her best friends said this about her.
"When you showed her love in the past, she always came back and showed you love in return. This time though, she is with pure evil and greed."

Scary thing to hear about someone you love so much. so many people have called me to say how she has changed and is not the girl they know.


Addiction alien. Once the addiction goes, so does the alien.



What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
The Infidelity Algebra is never wrong:

EA + Time + Opportunity = PA

So, were I to bet, I also would lay my money on WW and POSOM doing the nasty, in some form or another.

And, btw, she probably has acquired an "affair-phone". Find it, but don't let her know you found it. The reasons are in recipe below.

Here is your game plan. Most betrayed husbands haven't the courage to follow it fully,
to their own discomfiture. Those that do have remarkably better results than the rest.

NEVERGUESSED'S BETRAYED HUSBAND SURVIVAL KIT

1- KEEP ALL THESE ARRANGEMENTS SECRET FROM YOUR WAYWARD WIFE!
2 � Put a keylogger on any computer you can access that she might use.
3 � Put a spy program on any cell that she might use. ("Eblaster" can cover #4 as well.)
4 � Put a GPS on her car, reporting to your computer.
5 � Put a VAR in her car, and in any room she might use to take "personal" calls
6 � Get a mini-audio-recorder, and have it in your possession and "on" whenever in her presence.
7 � Put together an e-address list of anyone who might have influence on her � parents, siblings (sisters, especially), coworkers, college friends, clergy, hairdresser, anyone.
8 � Put together a similar list for the POSOM.
WHEN YOU HAVE SUFFICIENT EVIDENCE,
9 � Put together the electronic evidence for each AP.
10 - Write a cover note for your wife's contacts, to the tune of: "I must unhappily inform you that my wife, XXXXXX, is carrying on an illicit affair with YYYYYY. I am hoping to recover our marriage, and ask if you have any influence over her, to urge her to abandon her cheating lifestyle and return to me and our family. Her cell number is 111-222-3333"
11 � Write a similar note to POSOM's contacts.
12 � Send out both packages, to all contacts at one time.
13 � Brace yourself.


What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
You dont need evidence as she's confessed, but it would get you his identity. A PI could find it in a few days too.



What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,650
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I think this deserves its own thread since it seems to be a fairly common problem for MEN. About once a month a newcomer will show up here who has left his own home at the behest of a wayward wife in an active affair. She asks him to leave so she can have space"� and "think about the marriage."� The poor devastated soul usually believes that appeasing her will save his marriage. It is the EXACT OPPOSITE. She is asking him to move out so she can carry on her affair without his interference.

Moving out only serves to ENABLE the affair at the expense of his own marriage and children's security. The WW is now free to carry on her affair from the safety and comfort of her own home. It is not uncommon for her to actually INVITE the OM into the home and introduce him to the children.

She often has fantasies of replacing the BS with the OM. Of course, the BS is still paying the mortgage so he is, in effect, not only enabling the affair but FINANCING it. Otherwise known as the ContributeToYourOwnDemise Program.

Some reasons why moving out is dangerous:

1. It enables the affair

2. It is viewed as abandonment by many courts - and yes it is abandonment!

3. Separation INCREASES the risk of divorce and impedes chances of recovery [you can't recover if you aren't there!]

4. Many men, on this very forum, have had to get COURT ORDERS just to get back into their own homes

5. Children are exposed to affair partner, which is morally confusing and increases the risk they will be sexually molested/abused/killed

6. It is DEVASTATING to children! Your children need you now more than ever. You are ALL THEY HAVE since their mother's brain has been abducted by aliens.

In short, moving out is always a huge mistake unless it is to effect Plan B.

I am always baffled about why men will do this, because a woman wouldn't sacrifice her own home and her children because her husband was in an affair and wanted some "space."� The only way I would leave is if my husband's pistol was BIGGER than mine! Even at that, I am a better shot than him, so that might not even do it. It might take a SWAT TEAM!

If your wayward wife asks you to move out so she can have "space,"� suggest she either go in the bathroom and shut the door or be a gentleman and clean out a corner in your garage for her. But, whatever you do, DON'T LEAVE YOUR HOME, GUYS!!

If you have fallen for this manipulation tactic and left your home, don't despair. The mistake is usually easily corrected by packing your bag and GOING HOME NOW. No warning, no nothing. Just get in the car and go home and move right back into your OWN BED. When you walk in simply say "HI HONEY, I AM HOME!!" and give her a smile and a peck on the cheek. If she objects tell her you live there and intend to stay. SMILE.

THIS ADVICE ALSO APPLIES TO FEMALE BETRAYED SPOUSES!




What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 79
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 79
Wow, this is so sad. i never thought i would be dealing with something like this.

Apples, yeah i guess you are right. my wife had a big problem always talking to everyone about us. so many of her friends got tired of herring it. i was not that good at listning to all her needs. she needed so much attention all the time and everything i did i did for her but she didn't recognize it. everyone else did.
i needed to make the time to listen to her but i thought because of all the work that needed doing and i was getting done that she would understand and our marriage would be strong enough to make it. i was a fool.


Feb 2 Worst fight ever
I move out of bedroom
Feb 14 Last intimate
Then on- she on the fence
Something very different about her
May 1 Bomb drop
End of may I have fairly solid proof of om
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,842
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,842
Instead of getting down in the mouth, resolve to never have another angry outburst. Read all of Dr. Harley' s articles on dealing with an affair.then read the articles on lovebusters. Eliminate yours so you can Plan A effectively. (I assume from your posts that you want to win your wife back.) Figure out who the OM is ASAP so you can confront and expose him. Melodylane has a great link on how to expose. YOU CAN'T SAVE A MARRIAGE WITH A tHIRD PERSON IN IT. So expose this guy and run him off.

If you don't want a divorce (which you have every right to), hustle!!

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 256 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Separation
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:24 PM
beverage sizes in large office
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:22 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,616
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0