Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2863397 08/15/15 09:44 AM
N
nmwb77 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
http://buzzlamp.com/26-homewreckers-who-became-wives/1/

Some of these I didn't know about. And the commentary. Wow. Mel Gibson's ex-wife got 400 million, so don't feel sorry for her? What is wrong with people?

Alicia Keys will be added to my list of singers I no longer listen to, including Amy Grant and LeAnn Rimes.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
M
M
Blake Shelton just divorced Miranda Lambert because she had 5 affairs.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
nmwb77 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
He left a (presumably) faithful wife for an affair partner. What did he expect? I actually have never heard of either of them.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
T
T
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

I live under a rock for I never heard of either one.

M
M
Originally Posted by TheRoad

You people must be yankees!!!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
I'm not a Yankee! I haven't heard of them, either!

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Originally Posted by SugarCane

You are WORSE than a yankee!! sigh

Exposure 101

L
L

Excuse me, we are not called GREAT British Citizens for nothing you know

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
M
M
Originally Posted by living_well

That ain't what we call you foreign Devils! stickout

Exposure 101

L
L

You are going to be so dead when Sugar Cane sees this cry

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
U
U
I read that Blake was having an affair on Miranda, and had been since the 3 months into marriage.

Both are claiming infidelity, both are likely right.

Bottom line is that in Hollywood, we can see Dr Harley's predications at full force. For instance, Blake and Miranda. Blake filed for divorce because they are never together, both pursuing their own careers (no UA time, independent behavior). He likes to go party and eat fried food, and she does not want that lifestyle anymore (lack of POJA). And there may be affairs on both sides (nights apart, no affair proofing AT ALL).

It should be no mystery that most Hollywood couples suffer affairs, we should not ask why but rather why not. They are living the kind of lifestyle that invites affairs like flies to fly paper. I wouldn't necessarily say they are bad people because of it, per Dr Harley we would all be susceptible to affairs if we lived this lifestyle.

T
T

Some body worse then me. rotflmao

M
M
[

You are going to be so dead when Sugar Cane sees this cry [/quote]

Texans do not fear foreign devils!! laugh

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by TheRoad

You people must be yankees!!!

I am not a yankee and until recently I never heard of either one, either. Typically I have better things to do than track inane Hollywood people. They only show up on my radar when their marriages implode, apparently. Which seems to be because of an affair about 9 times out of 5.

However, it turns out a city we go through sometimes has a sign up recognizing the wistress in that affair marriage, and apparently it was vandalized sometime in the last few months. Maybe not everybody is happy to recognize a husband stealer as a valued member of the community. Apparently her father actually blessed this union. What kind of a father is that? Blessing your daughter's marriage to a married man she stole from someone else?

So apparently we've passed by this sign several times and I never knew who it was or cared, until the death of their affair became a news item.

Then I discovered the male adulterer in this pairing has his face all over Wal-Mart advertising socks. Good grief! I don't want to have a smiling philanderer grinning at me when I shop at Wal-Mart. Of course, I never would have known or cared who he was had he not had an affair and a loudly publicized breakdown of the resulting "marriage."

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M

Does that count the one she had with Blake Shelton?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Originally Posted by nmwb77
He left a (presumably) faithful wife for an affair partner.

If you read around you can see his account of how he felt being a married man falling in love with another woman performing with her onstage in front of thousands of people.

sick

puke

M
M
Wow, God bless poor Kaynette Gern:

http://thebull.cbslocal.com/2014/06/26/look-what-happened-to-blake-sheltons-ex-wife/

Kaynette has mostly been reclusive in her new life but she did grant an interview with the National Enquirer in 2011. �After Blake and I split up, I moved from Tennessee back to Oklahoma, but then Blake and Miranda moved back there to a neighboring town, and it just felt like Oklahoma wasn�t big enough for all of us.�

I think instead of calling him Blake Shelton we ought to call him "Kaynette Gern's cheating ex-husband."

M
M
Originally Posted by markos
Typically I have better things to do than track inane Hollywood people. They only show up on my radar when their marriages implode, apparently. Which seems to be because of an affair about 9 times out of 5.
You must know just about all of them, then.

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
M
M

Does that count the one she had with Blake Shelton?

My question was "does Blake suddenly have an objection to adultery??" Very interesting that he has one principle for himself and another for his wistress.

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by mrEureka
Typically I have better things to do than track inane Hollywood people. They only show up on my radar when their marriages implode, apparently. Which seems to be because of an affair about 9 times out of 5.
You must know just about all of them, then.

Sadly I know way too many. frown

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation