Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
nique84 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
What does it look like to put your marriage first ? Is this even possible when one�kid is not both the husbands and wife's bio kid? I have been thinking about this lately, as I� have a daughter from a previous� relationship who is reaching her preteens. I haven't had any issues so far and my husband has been in her life before she turned two. I heard ppl say daughters are more difficult to raise. I think one thing that we have to our advantage is that I have sole custody of her. My daughter's dad is active but it's very sporadic. I guess we practice "parallel parenting" this term� is new to me.

Last edited by nique84; 11/01/15 05:34 PM.
B
B
Have you read this? Parallel Parenting

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
Also, have you read the material here on blended families?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

N
nique84 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I will check out the link....thanks

B
B
Originally Posted by nique84
I will check out the link....thanks
What did you think?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

N
nique84 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Well I have been practicing this approach for the past eight years without having a name for it...it has been successful thus far. In the beginning there was high conflict between us but that has changed. My daughter will be ten next month, so she pretty much contacts her dad without needing my assistance. We have no problems staying out one another's life and just want her to be safe, happy and know that she is loved.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,015 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation