Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2872436 12/11/15 08:18 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Since we are seeing more and more of blended families I thought I'd start a thread about it an attach some radio clips.

How to Raise Children in a Blended Family and Keep Love in Your Marriage Families #1
How to Raise Children in a Blended Family and Keep Love in Your Marriage Letter #2

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
OP Offline
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
OP Offline
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
Carol writes that she feels left out of her marriage. She is a step-mother, and her husband communicates with his kids before he communicates with her.

Radio Clip
Segment #2

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
Carol writes she and husband disagree about how to handle household chores. She would like her step-daughter to do more, but she gets no support from her husband on this.
Radio Clip

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
John calls in saying that emotions are running high in their marriage and are both experiencing verbal abuse from each other. They each brought children into the relationship. He is growing unhappy.
Radio Clip

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
Olivia writes to ask about step-parenting. Should a stepparent discipline the stepchildren? How can a couple apply the Policy of Joint Agreement in raising stepchildren?

Radio Clip

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
Carol writes her husband always sides with her step-daughter. Her step-daughter is going to be using the car and driving farther, with which Carol is not comfortable. Her husband said that she will be using the car and is tired of Carol's attitude. What should they do?
Radio Clip

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
Kay calls in about her in step children not accepting her as their step mother; they both brought adult kids into the marriage. Her children accepted husband, but his never have accepted her. Her husband has never stood up for her against his daughter. The son is also very abusive towards his father. She would like them to do the MB program, but is not sure how to move forward with everything when the daughter has caused so much hurt.
Radio Clip

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
Jeanine writes about a segment regarding adult children and requested discussion on the radio show about how to have a successful blended family.
Radio Clip

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
A study suggests that most blended family marriages end in divorce. What can be done to give these marriages the best chance at success?
Radio Clip
Segment #2
Segment #3
Segment #4

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
Marissa writes they have a blended family. Her husband of 2 months and his exwife have too much communication and are a little to close. The exwife continues to text about the children but is often very personal. Marissa told her husband that he needs to set boundaries or she will leave.
Radio Clip on Blended Families
Segment #2
Radio Clip of the husband's response

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
Laura writes her step daughter is causing big problems in her marriage. They have been married 9 years and at the time the girl was 10 years old. The little girl was 200 pounds and Laura's attempts to encourage healthy eating was look at as mean and created resentment. Her husband has put the daughter on an equal standing with Laura and has spoiled his daughter from the beginning. He has become hostile to Laura when she had issues with the girl. Currently at age 19 the girl makes bad choices including drinking and is sexually active.
Radio Clip
Segment #2
Segment #3
Segment #4

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
Kay writes about stepchildren, both her and her husband had daughters from their respective exspouses, the girls are now adults but met has children. His daughter does not like Kay and did not invite her to her 21st birthday in Vegas, Kay's husband still plans to go
Radio Clip
Segment 2
Segment 3

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
Donna writes she has a blended family. She and her husband have both been married before and have older teens living at home. When his children visit, his standards are different from those for her children. He is very critical of her children.
Radio Clip

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
Mary writes she and her husband have a blended family. He is disrespectful and does as he wants without regard for her. The Harleys discuss her marital challenges and other issues that destroy marriage.
Radio Clip
Segment 2
Segment 3
Segment 4

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
Brad had previously written about how long should you wait before getting married. Today he responds, and says they both have children. He is concerned about the high rate of divorce in blended families.
Radio Clip
Segment 2

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
OP Offline
B
Genelle, a prior caller, says her marriage isn't getting any better and the stress has increased. They have both been married before and have a blended family. She feels he married her to be a helper. In addition to their other children, they have adopted their young grandson.
Full Show

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,115 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation