Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Well as the title states,I was ready to call it quits back in September 2015. I left my husband last night while he was at work and he managed to track my whereabouts and told the police I was kidnapping our child. The police heard why I was leaving and let me go about my way with our child and my other three from my first marriage. I'm a bit sad, but I know it is for the best. Too much has been going on, and he has been so abusive with his words, taking my cellphone, unplugging the house phone and holding me hostage in the bedroom. I'm pasting my original story at the bottom of this. Now it's time for the healing process to begin.

"My husband and I are just getting back together after almost three years of separation. We separated five months into our marriage, and I was in my first trimester of pregnancy. We now have a little girl, who will be two in November. We also have children from previous relationships. The oldest is 18, which is my son and they both butt heads. My son can't stand him and will go at him if he talks loud at me or his sisters. I have had to stand in between them to keep them from throwing blows. My first husband(son and other kids father) was abusive on every level and I believe it gives my son flashbacks, although my current husband doesn't hit me. I do feel that he has been abusive in other ways...constantly bringing up the past, accusing me of having some emotional attachments to old school friends, picking on the kids about every little thing, and so many other situations.�

Now let's get to the fact that he doesn't work but 15 hours a week, and if more money is needed, he is at the pawn shop pawning his things or buying stuff to flip for more money. He keeps saying he will get another job, but has yet to do anything. I was working and looking for more work as my job recently ended. I am also in school. He has suggested that I use my maiden name to file for public assistance. I told him that shouldn't be an option since he promised to do better by his family and provide for us, meaning I wouldn't even have to work(I rather work). He stays up all night and plays the game. Then he sleeps all day and may get up to play the game again for a few more hours. I'm trying to figure out if he is depressed or just lazy. His daughter, which was his oldest died a few years back. He said he's still having a hard time dealing with it, and I don't doubt it, but he uses that as his reason for not doing a lot of the things he promised. Oh, and he doesn't feel he needs counseling...just my love.�

Also, when we get into an argument, he is so quick to say how he has opened the door for me and the kids to come back; however, he asked us to come back. I hate that he says that because it makes me feel as though we are obligated.�

I really am ready to call it quits. There is so much more to our story. I have high blood pressure, and I have suffered from panic attacks. Well since we've been together now going on two months, I haven't been happy and my head hurts everyday. It's the same stuff everyday and it's killing me emotionally, mentally and physically. I'm ready to throw in the towel."

Diamond in the rough!
B
B
So you are back with him or are you still separated?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

OP Offline
No I finally left him this weekend while he was at his security job. I started working a new job and saved money. It's sad how things had to end up. The kids and I just didn't have any peace.

Originally Posted by BrainHurts

Diamond in the rough!
N
N
I am so proud of you, putting your safety and your children's safety first. Please keep posting, we can help you put together a plan to help you stay safe and keep from going back to soon.

I am so grateful that you are breaking the cycle! This is how your daughters will learn not to tolerate this, and your sons not to do this to their partners. And later on, how to sense these kinds of partners in the future.

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010
B
B
Originally Posted by 1stladyserrano
No I finally left him this weekend while he was at his security job. I started working a new job and saved money. It's sad how things had to end up. The kids and I just didn't have any peace.

Have you seen a lawyer? Has he tried to contact you since you left?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

OP Offline
I'm getting a lawyer through a domestic violence group. He's contacted me, but I've ignored him.

Originally Posted by 1stladyserrano

Have you seen a lawyer? Has he tried to contact you since you left?

Diamond in the rough!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 430 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation