Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18
A
A
Someone is the acting Commander in your H's location. You should be talking with that person. A meeting with a SGT, a person with no have command authority over your husband, may not produce results, either in curtailing the affair or ensuring your financial support.

What attorney did you talk to? Military JAG? The IG is not an attorney.

Please answer Mel's question that she has now asked twice. Has your husband ever hit you?

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
N
OP Offline
N
My husband is very upset with me - he said I would never ever see him again for doing this to him. He thinks he will get kicked out of the military for an affair and non-support.

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by needinput
[
You are correct, my husband told me that they will be discussing with him not supporting me financially. I feel really bad now, I think they will kick him out of the military for no support.

I am confused. How would they know he has threatened to stop supporting you if you haven't told them?

Has he ever hit you before?

They think he is not supporting me properly because they asked me some questions about it. So I guess they will try to find out more about it. Once long time ago but typically throws away/breaks stuff.

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by armymama
Someone is the acting Commander in your H's location. You should be talking with that person. A meeting with a SGT, a person with no have command authority over your husband, may not produce results, either in curtailing the affair or ensuring your financial support.

What attorney did you talk to? Military JAG? The IG is not an attorney.

Please answer Mel's question that she has now asked twice. Has your husband ever hit you?

I do not know who is the acting Commander. Not military JAG. Not one in my area.

N
OP Offline
N
Now I feel like I am the worst person in the world for doing this to him. He told me I am stupid to involve the military with his affair and that it causes only problems and nothing good comes out of this. Now, if he gets kicked out he will not be able to get a federal job. He mentioned he will be coming tomorrow. They won't stop the affair. They will cause a lot more trouble than that. How do I look now in his face? Like the worst person in the world to be doing this to him, to cause him dishonorable discharge. The AP - she is now staying by his side agreeing how horrible of a thing I have done to him and supporting him. I am not sure how this will help end his affair.

Last edited by needinput; 02/25/16 06:42 PM.
L
L
Now I feel like I am the worst person in the world for doing this to him. He told me I am stupid to involve the military with his affair and that it causes only problems and nothing good comes out of this. Now, if he gets kicked out he will not be able to get a federal job. He mentioned he will be coming tomorrow.

This is why you need to be in Plan B.
Why do you feel that way anyway, after what he has done to you?

Me-BH, 47
Spouse-WW, 47
Married for 18 years
DS, 11
D-Day #1 - November 1998 (7 months after wedding)
False Recovery, 16 years
D-Day #2 - November 2015
WW filed for D - February 2016
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by LostOnWestCoast
Now I feel like I am the worst person in the world for doing this to him. He told me I am stupid to involve the military with his affair and that it causes only problems and nothing good comes out of this. Now, if he gets kicked out he will not be able to get a federal job. He mentioned he will be coming tomorrow.

This is why you need to be in Plan B.
Why do you feel that way anyway, after what he has done to you?

I guess because I have conscience and I still love him. I feel really horrible for what I did. What would make your spouse come back if you destroy their career? They will hate you for that for ever and probably never forgive you.

Last edited by needinput; 02/25/16 06:45 PM.
M
M
My husband is very upset with me - he said I would never ever see him again for doing this to him. He thinks he will get kicked out of the military for an affair and non-support.

So why is he upset with you? IF he is kicked out it will be due to his behavior entirely. I am sorry he chose to behave in ways that will cause him problems.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Now I feel like I am the worst person in the world for doing this to him. He told me I am stupid to involve the military with his affair and that it causes only problems and nothing good comes out of this. Now, if he gets kicked out he will not be able to get a federal job. He mentioned he will be coming tomorrow. They won't stop the affair. They will cause a lot more trouble than that. How do I look now in his face? Like the worst person in the world to be doing this to him, to cause him dishonorable discharge. The AP - she is now staying by his side agreeing how horrible of a thing I have done to him and supporting him. I am not sure how this will help end his affair.

This is very irrational and i hope you can calm yourself down. It is wrong to commit adultery and stop supporting your wife. It is not wrong to expose such a person. That is silly and childish to say you are the "worst person." You have done nothing wrong.

You MUST contact the commander and tell him about your husbands threats.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
I guess because I have conscience and I still love him. I feel really horrible for what I did. What would make your spouse come back if you destroy their career? They will hate you for that for ever and probably never forgive you.

You're buying into his cr*p.
If he had a conscience he wouldn't have cheated on you.
If the Affair continues, he will not come back.

You need to focus on your safety and your problems. Ask the sergeant who the Acting Commander is.

Me-BH, 47
Spouse-WW, 47
Married for 18 years
DS, 11
D-Day #1 - November 1998 (7 months after wedding)
False Recovery, 16 years
D-Day #2 - November 2015
WW filed for D - February 2016
M
M
[

You don't have the power to destroy his career. If his career is destroyed it will be SOLELY due to his poor choices.

Exposure 101

A
A

STOP these thoughts. You are being "gaslight". Check out the definition, thread and movie about gaslighting. All of this that he's told you is extremely unlikely. My husband was a Colonel, had a six month affair with a Sergeant. He still retired (my requirement), she remained in the service. Both were punished; none of the punishment caused either of them to get "kicked out".

Are you talking to him everyday? Stop!

BTW, the AP is not staying by his side. She is trolling for other Soldiers to take their money.

And you didn't do anything to him except tell the truth. He brought this attention on himself by acting in a despicable manner.

AM

Last edited by armymama; 02/25/16 07:08 PM.

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
M
M
[I guess because I have conscience and I still love him.

Your conscience is not telling you it was wrong to expose his affair. That is your irrational emotions. You are not thinking clearly.

Exposure 101

A
A
Melody and Sugar and Brain can all tell you how long it took me to get on board with plan B....forever....take their advice NOW and quit hesitating....you are only hurting yourself as you sit paralyzed in your lack of action. Take the control back and ACT. You're wasting time feeling sorry for yourself. You have a very short window to act since he's coming home tomorrow. You didn't cause this HE did.

BW, me - 44
WH - 47
Married 2.5yrs
EA 6-2015 estimate
PA 9-2015 estimate
D-day 11-22-2015
WH filed divorce 11-23-2015
Exposure 1-10-2016
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by Alwayslookingup
Melody and Sugar and Brain can all tell you how long it took me to get on board with plan B....forever....take their advice NOW and quit hesitating....you are only hurting yourself as you sit paralyzed in your lack of action. Take the control back and ACT. You're wasting time feeling sorry for yourself. You have a very short window to act since he's coming home tomorrow. You didn't cause this HE did.

I don't know for sure if he is coming home tomorrow but he mentioned it. I don't know where to go. I guess stay at a hotel. This is too fast.

A
A
Change the locks in the very least.

BW, me - 44
WH - 47
Married 2.5yrs
EA 6-2015 estimate
PA 9-2015 estimate
D-day 11-22-2015
Exposure 1-10-2016
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by armymama
STOP these thoughts. You are being "gaslight". Check out the definition, thread and movie about gaslighting. All of this that he's told you is extremely unlikely. My husband was a Colonel, had a six month affair with a Sergeant. He still retired (my requirement), she remained in the service. Both were punished; none of the punishment caused either of them to get "kicked out".

AM

I feel so horrible. I think when you are at a higher rank, it is much harder to discharge you because you have a lot of responsibilities. He is not, so it will be very easy to discharge him. If you do not mind telling me AM, what was the punishment they faced?

A
A
Call his commander or commander on duty right now!

BW, me - 44
WH - 47
Married 2.5yrs
EA 6-2015 estimate
PA 9-2015 estimate
D-day 11-22-2015
Exposure 1-10-2016
N
OP Offline
N
It is past work time now. Why should I call? Talk about what? They will call me tomorrow and tell me what they will be doing. I feel sick to my stomach now.

While I was talking to my husband, his AP was calling him on Skype. I wonder if she realizes that she is part of the problem here and if she will continue to be selfish enough to continue the affair for her own sake. If I were him, I would begin to hate her. I told my husband today that this is entirely due to mainly his and partially her behavior. I did not take him by the hand and tell him to go cheat. I told him that all these years he has been in the military he never once got in trouble while he was with me, now he has been in an affair for several months and he got in big trouble. I wonder if he will make this association of reckless behavior with her:

his AP's influence on him = his reckless behavior (wasted all his deployment money, did not properly support me, chance of getting STDs, chance of ruining his career)

Last edited by needinput; 02/25/16 07:45 PM.
A
A
Go change the locks TONIGHT. Block his number and take no more calls.

BW, me - 44
WH - 47
Married 2.5yrs
EA 6-2015 estimate
PA 9-2015 estimate
D-day 11-22-2015
Exposure 1-10-2016
Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation