Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
Originally Posted by hurtingturkey
Did nothing but listen to my wife very quietly this morning at 5AM. Worked hard not to show any negative facial impressions. Kept my mouth shut and just listened. Yup I took some criticism but I just tried to be empathetic.
Trying to support her and incorporate some of the reminders here.
What was the substance of her complaint?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
D
D
You pay for archives?

Won't tonight be too late? The current program goes away at 1pm central time and won't be immediately archived.

Maybe you are rushed for time, but your answer felt like a brush off. Was that your underlying goal? Are we caring more about helping you solve your problem than you care about learning the solution? Did you drive home from work yesterday and back this morning? Was that not enough time to listen?

I can see that you are in a bad place. Posting for help was a great idea. It's like you are drowning in a raging river and at least you are yelling for help. Sometimes a drowning victim fights the rescuer. Grap the rope instead, hurtingturkey!

H
OP Offline
H
DidntQ: I made an assumption that was wrong about the availability of the archive. I did not see your message until this morning when I was at work. I would have liked to have listened. I do not have the MB ap on my phone because it is a work phone and non work aps are not allowed. So I don't take messages off the phone including this forum. I have to wait access to my pad or my computer.
SUGAR The substance of my wife's complaint this morning was that our broken washing machine was not repaired and she had asked me to make sure it got done. I had arranged for a neighbor to let the repair company in during the day. They never showed and I did not check during the day with my neighbor to make sure they were there. It was a very busy work day for me and I did not check. So I was told how irresponsible I am and how she can never rely on me. That really isn't fair in my opinion but it is her perception and I know that is her reality so what I think doesn't matter. My wife was at the hospital with her mother all day. So... at 5:15 this morning I went to a laundry and washed three loads of clothes and brought them home an put one load in the dryer before I left and I asked our son to put a second load in before he left for school. He texted me that he got the two remaining loads in the dryer. Good kid! I didn't ask him to do two loads before he left for school. Course nothing is folded I am sure.... smile As of now 4:30 PM Friday, the repair company has still have not showed today and I called first thing and was promised a visit. My retired neighbor stayed home all day both days to be available.... I will take care of touching up the laundry and house duties when I get home this evening. Wife needs support between studies and her Mom and I am trying to be cheerful and supportive.

Will try to pull it off archive anyway when it becomes available,

Last edited by hurtingturkey; 04/01/16 04:49 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 698 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation