Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
chippah Offline OP
OP Offline
C
My current wife and I are both on our second marriages. We have been married now for just over a year and I can truly say I have never felt so in love in my life. My wife comes from an abusive marriage of 12 years, everything from physical to emotional to mental abuse. Her ex-husband is still in the picture because they have children together and co-parent very well. Her ex just got re-married as well. Now my wife feels that she is chubby, me not so much, I love the way she looks, , but I know that is beside the point. The ex-husbands wife posted on Facebook yesterday and tagged the kids in her post which was a picture of the new wife and friends. My wife promptly said, I need to lose weight, she cannot be skinnier than I am. I questioned it, because why does she need to compete with the ex's new wife? She kind of just said, you know how it is. Which I don't. Anyway, something came up and we didn't get to really talk about it, but later on I said to her you know you are so much prettier than her and don't have to think like that. She came back and said again you know what I mean, I just responded with no I really don't. Her kids came back so the conversation ended.
Know this leaves me feeling and believing (maybe wrongly not sure) that she is competing with her ex's new wife, but why?? She says and I do believe that she never really loved him (it was a save me from my family life situation that she hoped would bring love). Anyway I obviously have this stuck in the back of my mind, I know some of its jealousy on my part but a lot of it is not understanding why she feels the need to compete with her, when she has her own husband who truly adores her and loves who and what she is, when her ex-husband constantly belittled her and abused her about her weight.

E
E
Hi Chippah,
Welcome to MB.

Have you actually read the basic concepts? (Just curious )

How do you think DR. Harley would talk about this according to the Policy of Enthusiastic Agreement?

In abusive or affairs Dr H would also suggest Plan B with the ex period. You need to look it up and it would prove extremely beneficial now. And yes, you can plan B with kids very easily.

Are the both of you new to Marriage Builders ideas?

BW-3 Kids
Sep:2014
Divorced

"I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny.
I will persist until I succeed." Og Mandino

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation