Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Bristol
Sorry for the delay. After my call with Steve I needed some time to digest all of this. I don't think it's the right time. I think I need to go to this new home and build up some positive connections with him. If I do this now he's going to go live there happily without me.

You don't think it's time because you have all lost objectivity and don't know what you are doing. Your desperation to hang onto him has greatly impaired your thinking. If you are able to put aside your emotions we can help you, but I would consider this to be hopeless if you can't follow a plan. There is nothing we can do for you.


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 64
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 64
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
What is your question for the board?

Isn't timing important? If I do this during a time when we've built up some positive feelings (which we always do when we go there instead of here) then once I cut him off he'll miss me. If I do it here and now where we're at each other , then that negative feeling is the last thing he'll remember. Don't I want him to associate me with good feelings? We are so much happier there playing in the sun

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Bristol
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
What is your question for the board?

Isn't timing important? If I do this during a time when we've built up some positive feelings (which we always do when we go there instead of here) then once I cut him off he'll miss me. If I do it here and now where we're at each other , then that negative feeling is the last thing he'll remember. Don't I want him to associate me with good feelings? We are so much happier there playing in the sun

Yes, timing is very important. The time has long PASSED for you to go into Plan B. You are harming your position by hanging on like this.


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 64
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 64
My husband is trying to decide whether to stay in the marriage and (gasp!) work on it, or go with the OW which is much easier because he will "be happy." He needs to realize all the reasons why leaving a 30 year relationship for the OW doesn't mean happiness. He will lose the respect of his adult children and damage their relationship; the relationship with the OW is based on lies, deceit, secrecy, cheating so it is destined to fail on such a foundation; financial impact, etc. Is there a resource or link somewhere that speaks to this and more? Should I argue my point w my husband to make him realize this? I have exposed to my kids. So far he has refused to end the affair (which he claims is just friends now but not true). I may resort to separation until he ends it but I don't think he will. He wants to separate but we have already done so twice .

Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 382
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 382
Bristol, sorry you are dealing with this. My wife is currently in an affair and I have been getting great advice on here that has made a huge difference. I can't really offer much advice, but I guarantee some of the experts will be on here shortly to help you. If you take their advice, no matter how ridiculous it seems or how much it goes against your instincts, I guarantee you will have the best possible chance that anyone can give you to save your marrriage.

Good luck and I am sorry your husband has put you and u our family through this pain.

Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 64
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 64
Thanks DollarBob. Im sorry you are going through this too. Have you exposed your wife's affair and separated until she ends it? I'm so afraid to separate again

Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 382
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 382
I can tell you though that nothing you show your husband to read will have any effect. A wayward spouse can not see logic, no matter how clear it is to everyone else.

My wife tried the same thing too, to say her and the other man are "just friends" now and the affair has already ended months ago.

While you wait on the more knowledgeable people to post, maybe list some more details like you and your husband's ages, number of kids and their ages, who all you have exposed to so far (just kids or anyone else too), anything you know about the other woman like wether she is married, if she works with your husband, how far away she lives and anything thing else you can think of.

But don't argue with him right now or try to educate him, that will only push him away further. And it is impossible to educate him at this time anyway.

They will probably tell you to go into plan A for 3 weeks, where you are the absolute perfect wife the entire time. And also to expose to lots of people, including the other woman's family and friends and you and your husband's family and friends.

But please just wait for the experts to post before you do anything. And in the meantime just don't argue or try to educate your husband, and don't beg or plead or threaten.

I guarantee you will get help soon. It may just be slow on here right now since it is Saturday night.

Good luck.


Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 217
D
Administrator
Member
Administrator
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 217
Bristol, please take the advice you were given. If you are not willing to do this, we will lock the thread because it is a needless distraction.

Are you here to get assistance to separate and go into Plan B?


MBDenali@gmail.com
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 64
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 64
Yes I am here for advice on two things. 1. Is there a list of reasons why the OW is not the right choice to be happy? 2. If I plan B separate, there is a complication I don't know how to handle. We were in the process of buying a second home and I can't get out of it. The second home is near the OW. He can go there anytime he wants anyway with unlimited spending. Do i stay here in the first home and he goes there? Do I let him alternate w me so he can spend time with our high school child who really misses him from all the travel?

Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 382
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 382
I made a mistake. Somehow when I opened this thread it looked like it was a brand new post from a new member. Now I see it was really on page 11. I feel stupid now.

Regardless Bristol, if you take the advice of the experienced members here, I guarantee it will give you your best chance at saving your marriage. Listen to them, no matter how much your emotions tell you they are wrong or don't understand your unique situation.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Bristol
Yes I am here for advice on two things. 1. Is there a list of reasons why the OW is not the right choice to be happy?

This is a distraction and you need to drop it.

Quote
2. If I plan B separate, there is a complication I don't know how to handle. We were in the process of buying a second home and I can't get out of it. The second home is near the OW. He can go there anytime he wants anyway with unlimited spending. Do i stay here in the first home and he goes there? Do I let him alternate w me so he can spend time with our high school child who really misses him from all the travel?

You need to contact an atty and get out of the purchase of the second home. you should go into Plan B and change your locks. If your H wants to see the child he can make arrangements through your intermediary and stay in a hotel when he visits.


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Change the locks on your house and send your husband a Plan B letter designating an intermediary that will facilitate any pertinent communication about finances, legal matters. After you have done that, you can file for divorce and get legal protection.

Have you exposed his affair?


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 64
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 64
The attorney advises that we will be sued since we have provided proof of ability to pay the mortgage, have been approved and are just days from closing. They can force us to close.

Do I separate before exposing to work or vice Versa?


Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 64
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 64
Why would I file for divorce? I don't want a divorce .

I have exposed to my kids and my father. His family basically thinks he should do what makes him happy. No friends he is a loner. I have not exposed at work yet. No idea on her friends or family except her ex husband who she left years ago for my husband

Last edited by Bristol; 08/27/16 09:54 PM.
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Do you have the book Surviving an Affair? The Plan B letter is in it.


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 64
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 64
Yes I've written the plan B letter. My husband also read the book after w had a session with Steve so he knows the gameplan. He basically accused me of writing it with Stece

Last edited by Bristol; 08/27/16 09:58 PM.
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Bristol
Why would I file for divorce? I don't want a divorce .

To protect yourself financially. You can drop the divorce if he ever meets your conditions. But if he doesn't end his affair in 2 years, you should give up and get divorced.

Quote
I have exposed to my kids and my father. His family basically thinks he should do what makes him happy. No friends he is a loner. I have not exposed at work yet. No idea on her friends or family except her ex husband who she left years ago for my husband

So you should expose a) workplace, b) his family c) friends d) all of her family and friends.

Are you saying that his family is so callous an uncaring that they would endorse adultery? What if he was a serial killer? Would they support that?


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Bristol
Yes I've written the plan B letter.

Can you post it here so we can give you feedback? Who is your intermediary?


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Where is your husband now? Is he in your home?


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 64
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 64
His only family Is one sister. He told her he had a nervous breakdown over the loss of the ow so she said he should go with her then if she means that much

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 144 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Separation
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:24 PM
beverage sizes in large office
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:22 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,616
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0