Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
A
Other than CS, where is the money going? Medical bills?

The reason I ask is that $1650 is a good bit to live on each month, so debt or something is eating it up.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Aerith
First, great to hear about your health improvement. It sounds very serious and it's a big luck that you went to surgery, otherwise when they would diagnose you. Now, when the cause fixed, hopefully, you will fully recover and forget about health problems.

Have you managed to move forward with your business idea? As far as I remember, it was very promising.

Regarding improving your chance for reconciliation, SugarCane has outlined what you need to work on. That would be good for any future relationship as well.

Ha, I didn't even touch on that because that is such a mess also. It had progressed to the point where we got a prototype manufactured and partially assembled, then the engineer I hired declared that "you ain't the boss no more" and that HE was the boss. He stopped doing what I asked of him and he convinced the machine shop owner that I was some kind of idiot and the guy would not release the prototype to me even though I paid for it. So they are both breaking the law but I have to sue them to get them to acquiesce. The company has been on hold for almost a year because of this. I've spoken to two lawyers so far and they have both told me that these two knuckleheads don't have a leg to stand on. I protected myself but I have to sue to enforce.

Formerly BlindsidedNM. Leaving that thread behind to start fresh.
S
OP Offline
S
You'd think, but yes, I have obligations and food is more expensive than you think these days. I could not believe how much I spend on food each month, even though I'm being budget-conscious. I do (did) spend some on my kids. I take them to different places and I'll take them to chick-fil-a a couple times a month. This past Christmas I managed to keep my gift spending to $120. My car insurance is $120 a month and I am looking to change providers. I joined AARP so I could get insurance cheaper through them. No old guy jokes, please :oP

A
A
But some obligations can be re-negotiated until you gain traction.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by apples123
But some obligations can be re-negotiated until you gain traction.

That's what the credit repair does. After I do that, I should qualify for a mortgage. There are small, pretty decent houses for sale near where I live now that are $70k-80k. The mortgage would be way cheaper than the rent I was paying.

A
A
Are you paying for the "repair?" You can usually do it yourself for free.

L
L
There are FREE HUD Approved Credit Counseling services available. I am using one to attempt to get a HAMP Mortgage Loan Modification.

Also, there are shared living arrangement homes that can be quite reasonable. In the Chicago area, it would be between $300.00 to $450.00 per month. The one's I know of are called Clean Living or Sober Living units.

If not drinking At All is not a problem for you, contact the closest Alano Club, Alcoho Treatment Facility or ask someone who is active in AA.

LTL

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by LearnedTooLate
There are FREE HUD Approved Credit Counseling services available. I am using one to attempt to get a HAMP Mortgage Loan Modification.

Also, there are shared living arrangement homes that can be quite reasonable. In the Chicago area, it would be between $300.00 to $450.00 per month. The one's I know of are called Clean Living or Sober Living units.

If not drinking At All is not a problem for you, contact the closest Alano Club, Alcoho Treatment Facility or ask someone who is active in AA.

LTL

I just find it interesting that I should be having to consider any of those things at all.

B
B
Originally Posted by StillHereNM
Originally Posted by LearnedTooLate

LTL

I just find it interesting that I should be having to consider any of those things at all.
So are you going to consider any of them?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
OP Offline
S
I'm done. I've exhausted all avenues and all I've managed to do is make my entire family hate my guts. Everyone has abandoned me, I have no money, I have no vehicle, I have no place to live, I have no hope left.

But hey, as long as my ex wife is happy, our girls will be happy. And boy, won't she be happy about what happens next.

Administrator
Administrator
While the Marriage Builder's website cannot become involved in threats of this kind, please know that your pain is taken seriously. Please contact a suicide crisis center in your area, call 1-800-SUICIDE or call your family physician.

ToujoursMB@gmail.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 883 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation