Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 64
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 64
It's late. Thanks for helping. I'll give you a chance to read the letter and check back tomorrow

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Bristol
know I am at fault for so very much.

DEAR Husband, I am truly sorry for my part in making an environment between us that helped lead to your affair. I wasn�t focused on the right things for you and for us, and I wasn�t paying attention to or understanding how I as your partner wasn�t fulfilling your needs.I wasn�t there for you when you needed me the most and now we�re both suffering for my mistake. I want to create a new life for both of us that will meet your most important needs. I want more than anything to give you the absolute best, most loving, caring environment that has your complete happiness all over it, but that�s not possible until you end your relationship affair with skanky.

ThisYour affair has been the most painful experience of my life and I can�t bear to continue to live like this anymore. Until it ends and you�re willing to help rebuild our relationship in a way we both want, I unfortunately need to step back and avoid any contact. I have been suffering so much because of your relationship, and I think you have seen the effect it�s had on me. I haven�t dealt well with this at all. I just can�t be with you any longer knowing that you are seeing each other. I still love you but can�t see you while this continues.

Please send any pertinent information through my friend, Sally, and she will get it to me. I ask that you not come in the house anymore. When you come to visit son, please make arrangements with him and pick him up and drop him off in the drive way. I would expect that all the bills would be paid in the same way.

As soon as you are willing to put an end to that and join me in recreating a new relationship with me, I will be willing to talk about our future together. I so wanted to do that with you in our new home. Please understand that I want to preserve what�s between us, and hope we will be able to rebuild our marriage. I want us to be able to take care of each other and avoid doing things that hurt each other. I know we can build a new life together in a way that makes us both so happy. Nothing is more important to me than understanding that and getting it right. Then, there will never again be a reason for us to want anything else or to be separated like this. I want to be your best friend and lover, someone who is always there for you when you need me, and I want that from you too. I have cared for you for our entire lives including the day we married, and I still do. I would like nothing better than to take the absolute best care of you. But it is not possible for me to help you as long as you are in this relationship.


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 64
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 64
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by Bristol
He will probably be here two days but I never know. He comes and goes as he pleases. Maybe next weekend too

That will work out in your favor. You can send him the letter AFTER he leaves and change the locks. OR you could slip the letter in his suitcase and text him after he leaves telling him it is there.

You will also need to block him from contacting you. For example, you can block his # on your phones and change your email address or block him. Try to anticipate every way he would try to reach you and block it off.

How will he get his clothes and things?

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Bristol
[

How will he get his clothes and things?

You can box them up and leave them in the drive way for him. OR put them in a storage unit.


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Bristol
Yes I've written the plan B letter. My husband also read the book after w had a session with Steve so he knows the gameplan. He basically accused me of writing it with Stece

I don't understand. You already gave him this letter? why? What happened?


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 64
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 64
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by Bristol
Yes I've written the plan B letter. My husband also read the book after w had a session with Steve so he knows the gameplan. He basically accused me of writing it with Stece

I don't understand. You already gave him this letter? why? What happened?

I messed up the order. I thought I was supposed to ask him to end all contact with the OW, and when he refused, he was traveling so I sent the letter as notice we should separate. Regardless, he was here for several days and we were arguing constantly and decided to separate. I advised him there would be no contact and blocked my phone. I'm changing the locks this week. He thinks he's coming back this weekend to see one of our adult children who is visiting for the weekend. Then he travels for another week for work and thinks we should start then (at his convenience). I told him no, starting now. He keeps holding this carrot out that maybe after we buy the new house and in a few months time.

Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 64
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 64
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Originally Posted by Bristol
The letter is pretty much identical to the on line version.

WHAT online version? Can you post it? I need to see that you didn't leave any openings.

You need to also designate your IM in the letter, tell him what you expect from him financially and communicate your visitation plan. Since you have a high schooler, he can probably just contact the child directly to make arrangements.

Quote
I don't have an intermediary yet. Who is typically used? A family member?

Typically a friend is best. One who can agree to remain neutral and who will act as a SPAM filter. She would only pass on necessary financial/legal information and will not argue, lecture or pass on fogbabble to you. Do you have a female friend that has some balls?

Turns out I don't have an intermediary .

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
It doesn't sound like you are taking this very seriously.


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 64
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 64
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
It doesn't sound like you are taking this very seriously.

I've blocked texts and calls. Changing locks tomorrow.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 92,985
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Bristol
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
It doesn't sound like you are taking this very seriously.

I've blocked texts and calls. Changing locks tomorrow.

Thats great! But you have given him your Plan B letter and been in contact with him since. How is he supposed to know you are serious now? How will you get any information without an intermediary? Those are problems that need to be addressed. I would suggest finding an intermediary today and sending him a follow up email saying that any pertinent information will have to be sent through your IM.

And did you add the verbiage I gave you about the pick up and drop offs of your son?


"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101


Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 301 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Separation
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:24 PM
beverage sizes in large office
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:22 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0