Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 35 1 2 33 34 35
K
Kat37 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Elaina, yes- that's what I mean. And you're right, I don't have to feel guilty for my feelings on this. I'm trying to figure out how NOT to, when he's being nice and I'm not able to be nice back while I'm upset.

Unwritten, yes, I was in comfortable with his exchanges with the mom on our son's team. They were not obviously inappropriate or sexual, but they were warm and friendly.

Your poly experience is a wake up call here too, thanks for letting me know.

I'm still stuck with the issue- next time I see him if I bring it up he will get upset and he may not agree to a poly. Then what, let him know that I can't be with him until he does this? I'm scared and worried.

Last edited by Kat37; 10/25/16 12:49 PM.
U
U
I think you need to grow a backbone here Kat. Honestly. I see so much gaslighting in your story, and it is quite clear that you are a bit brainwashed by it. You are unhappy and feel threatened, yet you constantly defend him when people point out the red flags, yet you still feel threatened, yet you don't want to do anything to upset him or make him think poorly of you....

If you want to just brush your instincts under the rug and take his word on things, out of fear of upsetting or disappointing him, go for it. I am pretty sure it is not going to work for you in the long run.

But if you want to find out the truth once and for all, then demand the poly. Just tell him you cannot feel safe until you are sure. If he refuses then he A) doesn't want the truth to come out or B) doesn't really care if you are happy or feel safe. Either one of those is a pretty big problem, don't you think?

We can go round and round with you about what you should do, but ultimately you have to do it.

K
Kat37 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Point taken- thanks unwritten.

S
S
Originally Posted by Kat37
Ok and then what do I do if he refuses or says I'm being unreasonable? Or crazy?

And what if he passes the polygraph, that there was no PA or EA but I'm still upset by the inappropriate boundaries? A polygraph isn't going to address the issues Susie makes above, the flirty, open for business behavior under the rouse of being a "nice guy." Will a polygraph get to the bottom of giving/returning attention to this woman and possibly others? I'm hurt by what I already know and my husband isn't addressing.

I think one of your poly questions can be whether he had any kind of inappropriate relationships with women and another can be whether he has 100% truthful with you about OW during your M (you can hand him a list of questions if he agrees to the poly to answer before you guys go).

The thing is, most people who lead a SSL will reveal more information once a poly is scheduled so part of the goal here is to get your H to be more forthcoming and hopefully eliminate this whole SSL.

Without that step (asking for poly and getting your H to come clean about everything) it's going to be very difficult, if not impossible, for you guys to fix your M. Even if it happens to be the case that there is no A or OW being hidden, you are always going to be wondering.

And if you ask and he refuses, that is really in and of itself giving you some useful information about your H and the direction your M is heading in.

It's win-win. I don't see any negative here unless your goal is to keep your H happy at the expense of yourself and the M.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
I'm still stuck with the issue- next time I see him if I bring it up he will get upset and he may not agree to a poly. Then what, let him know that I can't be with him until he does this? I'm scared and worried.

Let him be upset. That's not your problem. You can't make him do anything.

When my ex would start to gaslight me, I would 100% disengage and ignore him and his anger and or antics.

Honestly if he already agreed to this and he backpedals and starts displaying anger, then you know that he is gaslighting you, You see that, don't you?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
K
Kat37 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Ok that's helpful Susie. I've been reading up on polygraph threads here and know what you're talking about by handing a list of questions beforehand. Do I leave it to the polygraph person to define inappropriate boundaries/relationships with OW or define it myself?

S
S
Ok that's helpful Susie. I've been reading up on polygraph threads here and know what you're talking about by handing a list of questions beforehand. Do I leave it to the polygraph person to define inappropriate boundaries/relationships with OW or define it myself?

You will discuss the questions with the polygrapher, he will define it and help you.

Just to clarify, the questions you hand your H are NOT the poly questions. They are just designed to get information out of your H. The poly will basically be a follow up to make sure he's come clean with you.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
K
Kat37 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks Susie.

B
B
Have you seen this?
Polygraph Testing

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

K
Kat37 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Yes, I read through it this week. Thanks, Brain.

K
K
Any updates, Kat?

Page 35 of 35 1 2 33 34 35

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation