Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
OP Offline
T
Details about OM.

He is a physician and she is his Medical Assistant. His best friend is the PA that also works for him. They also are friends with another PA at the practice and another MA that works for him and his best friend. I am certian that my wife has already told all of those 4 people that I think she is in an emotional affair with the OM and they all think I am crazy. Now, I can send all of these 3 people a text or call each of them and tell them. But they already think I am crazy and wrong. However like has already been brought up affairs thrive on secrecy so by exposing it at least it will be out in the open. I could also try to expose to the manager of the clinic but that may end up getting her fired. Which if she plans to divorce me would likely hurt me in child support / spousal support so I am not sure that is what should be done?

Prisca #2898428 05/05/17 05:05 PM
A
A
Originally Posted by Prisca
I don't think it matters if you tell the kids first, or not. I would personally tell my kids first, because I wouldn't want to risk my wayward spouse getting to them before me and spinning a story.

Agree 1000%. That is a mistake I made when I exposed my WW. My plan was to expose late morning, and pick up the kids at school at 2:00pm and tell them. Once WW started getting bombarded by people telling her what I had sent them, and getting called into the company owner's office (workplace A, so I exposed to the owners), she left work at 12:30pm, had the kids dismissed early, and spun a story of half-truths and lies to them.

Only 1 of my 3 kids (all the same age) saw that she wasn't being completely honest, and she is the one who is the angriest and has lost respect for her mother. One of the others, I'm still not sure if she believes me or WW. I attribute most of that to WW getting to the kids first and lying to them.

Last edited by abrrba; 05/05/17 05:05 PM.

BH (me) 50, WxW 47
Married 1994
D-day, plan A, & exposure Jan 2017
Divorced Nov 2017
abrrba #2898443 05/06/17 12:56 PM
P
P
How did the talk with your wife go? What are her plans?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

P
P
Originally Posted by TroubledFuture
Details about OM.

He is a physician and she is his Medical Assistant. His best friend is the PA that also works for him. They also are friends with another PA at the practice and another MA that works for him and his best friend. I am certian that my wife has already told all of those 4 people that I think she is in an emotional affair with the OM and they all think I am crazy. Now, I can send all of these 3 people a text or call each of them and tell them. But they already think I am crazy and wrong. However like has already been brought up affairs thrive on secrecy so by exposing it at least it will be out in the open. I could also try to expose to the manager of the clinic but that may end up getting her fired. Which if she plans to divorce me would likely hurt me in child support / spousal support so I am not sure that is what should be done?
You should expose at her workplace if it is indeed a workplace affair. If your marriage is to survive, she will have to get another job anyway.

What did she say to you yesterday?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Prisca #2898718 05/11/17 05:00 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I am sorry, did not have any opportunity to expose to kids this weekend as she always had one of them with her. I will be exposing to them either tonight or tomorrow morning after she leaves for work. Problem with exposing tonight, I wont be able to do this all at one time. I will only have access to the oldest and the youngest. The middle will be away at a sporting event until 8:30 to 9:00. So I would have to go pick her up and reveal then. That creates an issue where my wife will likely find out and try to thwart the whole thing for the middle child. On the other hand if I tell them tomorrow morning I will likely have to pull them out of school for the day and I don't want that to be used against me later on. GAH such a headache.

She told me Friday that she does not intend to quit her job or stop her friendship with this other man. Her plan is to wait until we sell our rental house and then move out to her own place to "fix herself". I feel like I am enabling her to live however she wants to in my house and that my kids will see it that way as well. I am not okay with this any more. I still have found no evidence of a physical affair. But any relationship worth giving up on your marriage for is an affair in my book.

A
A
Originally Posted by TroubledFuture
On the other hand if I tell them tomorrow morning I will likely have to pull them out of school for the day and I don't want that to be used against me later on. GAH such a headache.

It sounds like tomorrow morning is your best shot, even if you have to pull them out of school. My only regret when I exposed my WW was not keeping the kids home from school after WW left for work, and exposing to them first. Instead, I started exposing around 10:00am, with plans to pick up the kids at school at 2:00pm and tell them. I never even considered that my WW would pull the kids out of school early once my exposure targets started emailing & texting her. She filled my kids' heads with lies & half truths, and one of my children is still unsure who is telling the truth. Fortunately, my other two believed the truth when I told them, the more perceptive of the two already knew that WW wasn't telling the truth.

Don't wait for the perfect time and risk WW filling their heads with lies. Find the best time available to you, and tell your children the truth. They deserve to know what is happening to their family. The truth is always better than lies and secrets.

Last edited by abrrba; 05/11/17 05:50 PM.

BH (me) 50, WxW 47
Married 1994
D-day, plan A, & exposure Jan 2017
Divorced Nov 2017
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 161 guests, and 43 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
peppa, RP4280, Philip Pitre, ClarencePeterson, ColsDawg
71,872 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Spying on Wife's phone without getting caught?
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 08:59 PM
Depression
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 11:19 AM
Separated/Dating
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:58 PM
Child activities
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:56 PM
Loss of libido/Sexual Attraction
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 06:10 AM
Involucrar o no a la familia por apoyo
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 06:09 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,607
Posts2,323,424
Members71,872
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation