Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2898294 05/03/17 08:39 AM
A
OP Offline
A
I think my wife is using a yahoo account that I know nothing about. A couple months ago, I saw a security text from yahoo on her phone. Usually, that's an identity confirmation when setting up a new account or changing a password.

I suspect she is using a different email account for her personal use and hiding it using private browsing. She knows I have access to her gmail account which we both use for personal use, but that gmail account has gone dead with inactivity.

I've looked at some batch emails that we both receive for information related to our kids from school, but most group senders now hide all the group email addresses.

I keep looking on the computer hoping that she'll accidentally leave yahoo mail open, but it's only a shot in the dark. Any recommended ways to finding a secret yahoo email address?

B
B
Have you put spyware on her devices?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

A
OP Offline
A
I can't. It's a work computer. I doubt she accesses this email on her phone or any other computer.

M
M
My wife's welcome to put spyware on my work computer. She outranks work.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
markos #2898302 05/03/17 11:31 AM
A
A
Some work locations that I know of prevent users from accessing sites such as yahoo and gmail through their networks. I don't know if that applies in the private sector as much as the public, but it may be something to consider (if she can't access yahoo mail from her work computer - good news for you).
Also, there may be cookies left behind - although private browsing might negate that.
Does she have a common username she uses on other sites? Nick name? Anything that might be used as part of an email address?

A
OP Offline
A
Thanks. She accesses personal sites on her work laptop, but uses a private browser to do so. I know they have firewalls for installing anything on her computer because we have been unable to install a printer driver so she can print at home.

M
M
Originally Posted by anonymityplease
I can't. It's a work computer. I doubt she accesses this email on her phone or any other computer.

Can you circumvent this by puttng spyware on it when she is home and not on the company server? You can then program her anti virus to ignore the spyware. My H and I both have company laptops and we can't install printers but we can install spyware programs. Webwatcher is a good one.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
OP Offline
A
Putting spyware on someone else's work computer without their knowledge or approval? Wouldn't that be highly illegal?

M
M
Putting spyware on someone else's work computer without their knowledge or approval? Wouldn't that be highly illegal?

Probably. But you have to weigh the risks. The greater risk to you is your wife having an affair. For me, I have never hesitated for 2 seconds.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

L
L
If you think she is using a new address for batch emails and you do not have access to her computer, just tell her that you deleted xyz school email by accident and please could she forward her copy to you. Be completely innocent and apologetic. Then you will see the address she is using. Once you have that, come back here for more help.

Also put spyware on any shared computer/phone that you have access to. Also put a VAR where she is likely to make a phone call. Waywards always get careless at some point.

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks, living_well. Great suggestion. Several months ago, I saw a yahoo verification code texted to her phone. So she obviously activated a yahoo account, when previously she used only gmail for personal use.

I saw just 2 days ago that she activated a Facebook account, and there is no email in gmail doing this, and Facebook requires an email account. Unfortunately, she does not have Facebook on her phone, otherwise I could go in and see what email she used under account settings. The only thing I can figure is that she used private browsing on her work laptop.

Another way I can possibly figure out the yahoo account is when we visit family. If I ask to use her parents' computer and they have email open, I should be able to see if they email her to an account I don't know. But I won't be near her parents for months.

I'm open to other suggestions as well.

L
L
I saw just 2 days ago that she activated a Facebook account, and there is no email in gmail doing this, and Facebook requires an email account.

Have you tried to access that FB account? It may not be set up as private. Give it a try. Otherwise you may have to set up a fake FB account and friend her.

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation