Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
B
Is he back to work? He could be calling her from work? Did you get the spyware put on?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
Lucky12 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Going to journal here a bit:

I said this previously in my thread, but it comes across as a DJ and that's not what I meant it to be:

He has great need for admiration; that came out when we first filled out emotional needs. We learned that he needed to be aware of his unrealistic need for admiration because that leads him down the wrong path.

We also learned that the more successful he is, for some reason the greater his need was for admiration. His need was beyond what one person (me) could give him naturally. A black hole that couldn't be filled from the outside from other's admiration, but instead needed to be filled from the inside of himself.

TTFG says it best here. In the serial cheater thread from TTFG on 9/21/11 He says this:

�I truely truely think that with a serial cheater, and i am not a psych, only had one class in psych 20 yrs ago in college, there is always some sort of pain in the past. Maybe I am niave in thinking this, mind you I only know 1 individual....but I know him very very well. I dont know if he can help himself, I truely think there is a void somewhere in his persona, that makes him need for anothers something......I know he loves his wife above all else and loves his family. But i think he is driven by pain, and maybe if there was a way to crack him open and make him realize what he is doing and why, what the root cause of his need. then maybe he could see it for what it is,,,pain from the past and that need to have the space filled, would be ok left unfilled....just a divot in the armor of a great person.....which i know him to be�

Formerly CSue
M
M
Well of course a wife can't admire her husband when he is allowing other women to meet his emotional needs. It's that simple.

The problem isn't the size of his need - it's his philandering.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
H
H
Everybody has pain in his or her past. That is part of life.
It is one reason more not to cause other people pain.
We cannot alway do what comes natural, like killing other unnerving people in traffic, yelling at our mother-in-law, etc.

Also, it is common for people to become more narcissistic when they become more succesful and to be aware of the needs of others more when they are down. We humans are not animals though and if we want to call ourselves civilized, we have to be considerate of the needs of others.

Do not excuse or explain away bad behaviour. I am sure you go through the store and see things that you would like to have but cannot afford. But you don't steal it anyway, no matter how much you want it.

Last edited by happyheart; 07/27/17 11:01 AM.

me, DH
all the children
P
P
Check his text log today, and she texted him yesterday around 3:00 PM. He didn't reply.
THIS is your problem. Not some deep void or pain. Don't get distracted.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

M
M
Lucky, the emotional needs, in this context, are needs that when met create romantic love. In other words, meeting his own need would not create romantic love. It would need to be met by you. Emotional needs are not unrealistic, they just ARE. Each of us has different needs, that when met, create an incredible attraction to the person who meets that need.

You don't have to be an expert in meeting every one of his top needs, just some of them, in order to create love. That being said, if you aren't spending 15-20 hours per week of UA time meeting the intimate emotional needs, the romantic threshold will never be met.

However, this is not the main issue. The issue is his inappropriate relationships with other women. I would stay focused on that for now.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Is he back to work? He could be calling her from work? Did you get the spyware put on?
Did you get the spyware put on?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
People don't have affairs because they are broken or have something wrong with them.

People have affairs because the Love Bank really works: if somebody meets your emotional needs, you'll fall in love with them and go crazy for them (be in the fog). It's literally like a heroin addiction. So in order to not have affairs, married people need to not allow other people to meet their emotional needs.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
L
Lucky12 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Posting this real quickly so I can use it when I need it. this complicates things so will have to plan ahead if I go this route. I will be back and update when I have time. Thanks for all your support.

how to disable 2 step verification
How do I turn off two-step verification?

Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
In the Security section, Click Edit.
Click Turn Off two-step verification.
Create new security questions and verify your date of birth.
You'll get an email confirming that two-step verification for your Apple ID is off.

Last edited by Lucky12; 07/29/17 01:43 PM.

Formerly CSue
L
Lucky12 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
More Instructions:

Nothing will be recorded until you install WebWatcher on the device you want to monitor.

Installation is quick and easy, however, if you experience problems installing, we'd be more than happy to help you. Simply click the "Help" link on the left.

To install click the "Settings" link on the left and select "Downloads & Licensing." Your download and license management page will be displayed. On the right side of it, click the "Download" link to start the download process. (Note to self: I did this already BUT VERIFY)

Click the Add New iPhone/iPad icon under Available Licenses.

Enter the Apple ID & Password of the iOS device you want to monitor then click �Submit�

Check the box next to the device you want to monitor, then click �Register.�

If the device you are looking to monitor is not listed here, this means it has never backed up to iCloud. (Please see iCloud setup instructions below).

*Please note you can only monitor the number of devices for which you have purchased a license. You will need to buy a separate license for each device you want to monitor.
5. Once the device is successfully registered you can click �Request Data� under the monitored device.

Click �Request Data.� This will manually pull data from the most recent iCloud backup.

Your data has been requested successfully! You will be notified via email (the email address provided upon signup) when your data is available to view (which typically takes 1-6 hours).

NOTE TO SELF: I DO NOT WANT TO BE NOTIFIED VIA EMAIL. Follow up with ww prior to install.

VERY IMPORTANT: In order to see recorded data you will login to https://login.webwatcher.com
9. If for some reason the iCloud credentials do not work, or they do work but you are not receiving data then click HERE for our Knowledge Base article.

How do I check if iCloud is enabled on the iOS device?
Access target device > Settings > scroll down & select iCloud > scroll down & select Storage & Backup > Backup (make sure this is toggled on � toggle will be green)

Where do I locate the Apple account name (aka the Apple ID) of the device? (How do I know what my Apple account is?)
Access the target device > Settings > iCloud > Account
The Apple ID will appear next to Account

How do I get my iCloud password for my account?
To retrieve iCloud password click on the below link and proceed with the prompts (This will allow a reset of the iCloud password if you have the Apple ID)
https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Where do I locate the name of my device? (i.e. in the event there are several iOS devices, such as iPhones, in the account and the cx is not sure which device is the correct one)
Access the target device > Settings > General > About > Name
The device name (i.e. �Ally�s iPhone�) will appear next to Name

Note to self: Must be on wifi. Data won't work.

Formerly CSue
L
L
I was so lost setting up webwatcher I just finally accessed the help center. They walked me thru the process and set me up. Took about 20 min is all.Well worth the call.
Good luck!

L
Lucky12 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Lin, did they care that you were setting this up on an adult's phone, not a child under 18?

Formerly CSue
L
L
Nope, I told them it was my husband's computer and that I didnt have the passwords. Also that I'd be watching from my personal computer, and I had to sneak when he was out so he didn't know. They were very supportive. They waited till I called them and they had me walk thru turning on his computer and they found a way in.
Good Luck! Once it is done and you see whats there you will feel safer for sure. Either way, I've been checking for a yr now and it gives me a bit of security. We are following the online program.

L
Lucky12 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks Lin. That's why I decided to do the setup myself. My problem was with the 2 step verification on his iphone. I needed to disable that. From reading up on the details of that I realized they would be sending an email to H that his 2 step verification was being disabled.

I had to come up with a back story to explain that. And I'm a bad liar. So that is now done and I am registered with WW.

Apple sent a total of 4 emails to H and I had to create new security questions.

^^that was very stressful^^

Lastly I need to get his iphone on his icloud.

Note to anyone thinking of doing this. Realize apple security sends multiple emails to the person who the phone is registered to. Be prepared.

Last edited by Lucky12; 07/31/17 12:35 PM.

Formerly CSue
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 649 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation