Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 877
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 877
OK---<P>I am not sure about this but it has left me with a little bit of optimisim. It is just so scary to have a peek at some optimisim for fear that it will come crashing down and leave me feeling worse.<P>My W (WS) says she is not ready to move home yet, but that she feels she is making progress in counseling.<P>She says she is in a grieving process and needs to get thru that before we can move on. Based on what I have read here I think I understand what she is saying.<P>She also says she doesn't want me to get frustrated during this time because she feels there is more hope for us now than ever. (Her exact words) She is asking me to give her some time and patience. I am, I am, I am.<P>She also suggested an overnight getaway this weekend...one with no expectations but just time to be together so we are headed away on a shopping trip on Sat. Prior to this, she was not interested in any overnights when I suggested them.<P>She also was not interested in any long-term plans before but the other day asked me about looking into a long weekend getaway/vacation. She sounds better when I talk to her and there are a lot of other little things that she has said and done that give me some hope.<P>My intention right now is to work very hard at giving her the time and patience she is asking for.<P>Like I said...it is nice to have some optimism...but it is also scary...know what I mean? <P><BR> <P> <P> <P><P>------------------<BR>Lord give me patience, and give it to me NOW!

Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 10,060
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 10,060
Elad - yep, know what you mean.<P>It sounds like you are being appropriately cautious. I'm confident you know what to do: validate her feelings, DON'T LB, let her set the pace.<P>I'm pulling for ya, guy.<P>WAT

Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 1,749
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 1,749
Elad,<BR>And let me add... no expectations.<BR>Lora

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 486
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 486
Keep the hope alive! You are doing great - just remember not to push too hard.<P>hugs, Paint


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0