Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2909810 06/23/01 08:54 AM
N
OP Offline
N
OK I went to my first consoling session,felt good about it and now I'm having doubts.My wife left for the weekend to visit OM,she is determined to see if he is "the one".I'm at home with the kids and all the ranch work and a honey do list.We have nobody close by to be a third party.So how do I go about plan B and still see my kids.I'm still working 100 mi. away and coming home on wensday and weekends.

#2909811 06/23/01 09:15 AM
N
NSR Offline
N
Plan B has little to do with the kids...<P>It's about <B>your</B> relationship with <B>your</B> W!<P>Should you talk to the kids about this...<BR>...yes.<P>Honesty in all your relationship is important...<BR>...that includes the kids!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

#2909812 06/24/01 12:41 AM
N
OP Offline
N
I have talked to the kids and been honest with them.They don't want any of this ,they just want the fighting to stop.I have been trying to keep things calm around here but the wife has been moody.I think she lives in la la land and every thing around here makes her want to run away to OM.The kids are getting out of hand and my wife and I are having trouble not yelling.I know they are reaching for attention.The wife is trying to not see me at all now ,she left the kids at the local pool at noon to go on her trip and I picked them up at the end of the day.We just talk on the cell phones.Plan A is real hard now thats why I was asking about plan B ,I'm still trying to figure out the how and when. thanks <P>NTK

#2909813 06/23/01 03:12 PM
N
NSR Offline
N
Counseling for the kids seems to be needed...<P>Staying in Plan A... will be appreciated by the kids...<BR>...even if they see only a small amount of contact between you and your wife.<P><BR>You're probably not ready for Plan B yet...<BR>Do read...<BR><A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum30/HTML/000176.html" TARGET=_blank>Plan A - 101 (2nd ed.)</A> and <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum30/HTML/000177.html" TARGET=_blank>Plan B - 101 (2nd ed.)</A> and <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum30/HTML/000413.html" TARGET=_blank>Plan B - 201</A>.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum29/HTML/000254.html" TARGET=_blank>Jim</A> / <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum29/HTML/000037.html" TARGET=_blank>NSR</A>

#2909814 06/24/01 09:58 AM
N
OP Offline
N
NSR;Need your thoughts,my wife is not giving up OM,she needs to know if he is "the one".I love her moore than anything.We have two kids,two houses,next to each other.I am still trying to plan A and am seeing a consoler.Her fear is that health problems may shorten her life.I have told my consoler of my MB postsand asked him to check it out.Do you think I should talk to the Harleys also?Or just back off and give her,WS,some time to think? Thank you so very much,your help and posts with links are a god send to me. <P><BR> ned to know.

#2909815 06/24/01 08:22 PM
N
NSR Offline
N
Counseling with the Harleys is always a good first... second... or third step!<P>Backing off...<BR>...giving her time "to think"...<BR>...is reasonable... if there is a threat of violence or abuse.<P>If there is neither...<BR>...pursuing a good good... sound... and consistant Plan A...<BR>...<B>is what you need... FOR YOU</B>...<P>Yes... there is the "intent" to win the WS back...<BR>...but <B>even more so</B>... becoming the better you...<BR>whether the WS comes back or not!<P>Remember... Plan A is NOT a guarantee...<BR>...Plan B is NOT a guarantee...<BR>...MB is NOT a gaurantee... <B>to bring reconciliation to your marriage</B>.<P>All the plans... all the skills...<BR>...are there to <B>make you a better person</B>...<BR>...and you'll hav to rely on providence to have the WS come to their senses... leave the "fog"... and return to real life.<P>Lower <B>ALL</B> expectations on the return to you of your WS...<BR>...and revel in an approved you!<BR>...and with that... treat yourself well!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Yes...<BR>...you have my prayers.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

#2909816 06/24/01 11:42 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Jim; Thank you again you are the rock.You always make view more clear for those of us searching in the fog.Be back on wensday.<P><BR> Thank you Need To Know<p>[This message has been edited by need to know (edited June 25, 2001).]

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (SadNewYorker), 298 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation