Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
H
OP Offline
H
Bad day, so I went and checked my snailmail and I got a little book in the mail. I don't know where it came from or who sent it. Here is some of the stuff that is in it.<P>Powerful... to say the least.<P>***<P>"You never saw a fish on the wall with its mouth shut"<P>"The best way to forget your own problems is to help someone else solve theirs."<P>"You are the only person on this earth who can use your ability."<P>"Only those who risk going too far will ever know how far they can go."<P>"You can't base you life on other people's expectations."<P>"I tell you and you forget. I show you and you remember. I involve you and you understand."<P>"Pride is tasteless, colorless and sizeless. Yet it is the hardest thing to swallow."<P>"Shared joy is double joy and shared sorrow is half-sorrow."<P>"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door."<P>"Be kind. Every person you meet is fighting a hard battle."<P>"Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go."<P>"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook."<P>***<P>And these were my favorite...<P>***<P>"If there's no wind, row"<P>"Happiness is like a butterfly. The more you chase it, the more it will elude you. But if you turn your attention to other things, it comes softly and sits on your shoulder."<P>"Forgiveness is the sweetest revenge."<P>"You can either complain tht rose bushes have thorns - or rejoice that thorn bushes have roses."<P>"A ship in a safe harbor is safe, but that is not what a ship is built for."<P>"You may forget with whom you laughed, but you will never forget with whom you wept."<P>"You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try"<P>"We need to learn to set our course by the stars, not by the lights of every passing ship."<P>**********<P>Feel free to add you favorite quotes. Just the quotes please. Other wise, no responses.<P>H2Y<p>[This message has been edited by Husband2you (edited July 19, 2001).]

H
OP Offline
H
Courtesy of Cali..<P>Every Little Bit Counts<P>An old man was walking along the beach, when he came upon a part of the sand where thousands of starfish had washed ashore. <P>A little further down the beach he saw a young woman, who was picking up the starfish one at a time and tossing them back into the ocean. "Oh you silly girl," heexclaimed. "You can't possibly save all of these starfish. There's too many." The woman smiled and said, "I know. But I can save this one, " and she tossed another into the ocean, "and this one", toss, "and this one..."

T
T
"You cannot get 'over' grief until you've gone 'through' it".

I
I
I enjoyed them all. <P>Thank you for sharing your joy and your pain.

T
T
H2You...<P>Those are awesome!! Sometimes its the littlest things that wake us up, huh? Sometimes we make things so hard and overanalyze. Thanks for sharing!! <P>Trueheart

J
jw3 Offline
J
One of my favorites:<BR>Sometimes this is exactly what happens when things don’t turn out the way they should. If you have faith, you just need to trust that every outcome is always to your advantage. You might not know it until sometime later.

C
C
I agree it's worth the read so BUMP!

H
H
BUMP!

S
S
It ain't over till it's over<P>Every journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.<P>Nothing ventured nothing gained.<P>You cannot lose something you never had.<P>

F
F
1) A wise man once said:<P> Success comes from Good Judgement<BR> Good Judgement comes from Experience<BR> and<BR> Experience comes from Bad Judgement<P>2) To be AWARE is to be ALIVE<P>3) You make a living by what you GET<BR> You make a life by what you GIVE <P>~FLgal~

A
A
Let me take a stab at this.<P>" This world we're a-livin in<BR>Is mighty hard to beat:<BR>You get a thorn with every Rose,<BR>But ain't the roses sweet!<P><BR>if you want a thing bad enough<BR>To work out and fight for it,<BR>Work day and Night for it,<BR>Give up your time and your peace and your sleep for it.<BR>If only desire of it.<BR>Make you quite mad enough<BR>Never to tire of it,<BR>Make you hold all other things tawdry and cheap for it<BR>And life seems all empty and usless with out it<BR>And all that you scheme and you dream is about it,<BR>If gladly you'll sweat for it,<BR>Fret for it,<BR>Plan for it,<BR>Lose all your terror of god or man for it,<BR>If you simply go after that thing that you want,<BR>With all your capacity,<BR>Strength and sagacity,<BR>Faith, Hope and confidence, stern pertinacity,<BR>If neither cold poverty, famished and gaunt,<BR>Nor sickness nor pain<BR>Of body or brain<BR>Can turn you away from the thing that you want,<BR>If dogged and grim you besiege and beset it,<BR>" You'll Get It"<P>I have no fear. What is in store for me<BR>Shall find me ready for it, undismayed.<BR>God grant my only cowardice may be<BR>Afraid - to be afraid!<P>

V
V
Some of my favorite one-liners:<P>It's not brave if you're not scared.<P>You can't spare someone's feelings by denying them.<P>What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger.<P>Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.<P>And my favorite: May the Force be with you.

T
T
One day an old man was walking on the beach with a metal detector. Two young girls watched him for a solid hour. He would pick up pennies, dimes, nickels, quarters...and an assortment of junk, as well. But he persisted, hour after hour, and the girls watched. Finally, they went up to him and asked, "You have been out here all day, and all you have in your can is change? Is it worth it to out here all this time for pocket change? How often do you do this?"<P>The old man paused, smiled, and answered...*Well, you see ladies, I come here everyday and search. Everyday I pick up coins and some assorted necklaces and what not. You ask me if it worth it?* Out of his pocket the old man pulled a big shiny diamond ring. Both of the girls were stunned. "you found that out here?" they gasped. <P>"Yes, ladies, I did. If you keep searching and working, good things are bound to turn up eventually."<P>The moral of the story? Dont give up...dont ever ever give up!!<P>Trueheart

C
C
The Buddha said:<P>"All of life is suffering..."<P>

from <I>The Four Agreements</I> by don Miguel Ruiz:<P><I>We don't see the truth because we are blind. What blinds us are all those false beliefs we have in our mind. We have the need to be right and to make others wrong. We trust what we believe, and our beliefs set us up for suffering. It is as if we live in the middle of a fog that doesn't let us see any further than our own nose. We live in a fog that is not even real. This fog is a dream, your personal dream of life--what you believe, all the concepts you have about what you are, all the agreements you have made with others, with yourself, and even with God.<BR> <BR>Your whole life is a fog which the Toltecs call a mitote. (pronounced MIH-TOE'-TAY). </I>

V
V
Bump.

H
OP Offline
H
pulls zippo out of deep pocket of black LF trenchcoat..<BR>looks around, no one close by..<BR>glances over top of dark MIª shades..<BR>flings zippo open with one smooth shake of the wrist..<BR>matching flame to fuse..<BR>ignition.. running for cover..<BR>sizzzle..... screeeeaccccccchhhh <BR>Bumped back to the top.

S
S
It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.<BR>-Seneca-<P>PS: hi H2U aka....

H
OP Offline
H
If I had to run,<BR>If I had to crawl,<BR>If I had to swim a thousand rivers just to climb a hundred walls.<BR>Always know that I'd find a way to get to where you are,<BR>There's no place that far.<P>------------------<BR>Husband2You<BR>*****<BR>Don't make me promises <BR>Baby you never did know how to keep them well <BR>I've had the rest of you <BR>Now I want the best of you <BR>It's time for show and tell<P>'All or Nothing' © 2001 O-Town

H
OP Offline
H
Okay.. don't shoot me.. This is a MSDS sheet I got from one of our vendors.. Its only fair.. after I posted the one about the men.. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Symbols<BR>-X²-WO- <P>A Chemical Analysis<P>Element: Women<BR>Symbol: X², WO <BR>Discoverer: Adam<BR>Atomic Mass: Accepted at 53.6 Kg, but know to vary from 40 - 200Kg<BR>Occurrences: Abundant quantities in all climates<P>Physical Properties:<BR>& Boils at nothing; freezes without known reason.<BR>& Melts if given special treatment.<BR>& Bitter if incorrectly used.<BR>& Sour and foul smelling if not maintained.<BR>& Easily ignored when other specimens come near to owned specimen<BR>& Specimen will glow or become perky when the temperature surrounding the specimen rises or falls.<P>Chemical Properties:<BR>& Have great affinity for gold, silver and a range of precious stones<BR>& Absorbs great quantities of expensive substances<BR>& May explode spontaneously without prior warning and or no known reason<BR>& Insoluble in liquids, but activity increases greatly by saturation in alcohol<BR>& Most powerful money reducing agent known to man<P>Common Uses:<BR>& Highly ornamental, especially in sports cars and bars.<BR>& Highly recommended for use as a receptacle only if is is your owned speciman. Avoid using receptacle of other specimans. Can be fatal if owned speciman discovers your contact with other speciman.<BR>& Can be photographed in various natural states to produce heat and friction at a later point in time.<BR>& Very effective cleaning agents<BR>& Can be used to determine if the environment surrounding the specimen is below a comfortable temperature.<BR>& Accepted in various shades.<BR>& Accepted when surface is covered in painted film.<BR>& Accepted when marked with tiny lines from coverings over lighter colored areas.<BR>& Accepted in various states from virgin metal to common ore.<P>Tests: <BR>& Has been known to swallow substances other than those produced from itself.<BR>& Will shed internally once every 28 days.<BR>& Pure specimen turns rosy pink when discovered in natural state<BR>& Turns green when placed beside a better specimen<BR>& Should replace specimen when it becomes worn out, loose, or *****y.<BR>& Occasionally will fetch the owner an alcoholic beverage. Don't overuse or specimens will whine.<P><BR>Hazards:<BR>& Highly dangerous except in experienced hands.<BR>& Specimen has the capability to dismantle its owner if specimen boils or becomes volatile.<BR>& Avoid contact 5 days prior to or during shedding. <BR>& Has been known to react violently and through objects of various weights and sizes.<BR>& Beware of contact when specimen looks old enough. Specimen will lie about its actual life dated presence.<BR>& Will replicate itself into a smaller version, reason unknown.<BR>& Not accepted when another specimen is of better quality.<BR>& Illegal to possess more than one, although several can be maintained at different locations as long as specimen's do not come in direct contact with each other.<BR>& Excitable when 2 specimens come in contact with one another as long as they only want to share polarity for a few hours...avoid those polarities that remain in contact with each other.<BR>& Specimen can be attracted away by both a specimen of the same type or by an independent voyeur of the specimen. If the specimen is attracted away and still attracts you at the same time may cause attractee's to have a cohesive, productive bond. Must be used with extreme caution.<P>Figures:<BR>& Several could be displayed here but if found in your briefcase could be construed by your specimen as being your other specimen. <P>***************<BR>US Department of MSDS Advisory Committee. Sic 1998. Illegal to reproduce or make copies. Avoid discovery of this MSDS. It could be hazardous to your present relationship with your specimen.<P>------------------<BR>Husband2You<BR>*****<BR>Don't make me promises <BR>Baby you never did know how to keep them well <BR>I've had the rest of you <BR>Now I want the best of you <BR>It's time for show and tell<P>'All or Nothing' © 2001 O-Town

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 363 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation