Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
Do any of you BS in some form of recovery ever feel forgotten by your WS? Kind of that feeling like you just are not making the top 5 list of their list any more. <P>My wife, former(I think) WS had a LD affair (@ least 1 yr.) with her boss when she traveled for business. During that time the dog and cat were more likely to bump me off the top 10 list. Now that we're 1 year into "recovery" she still forgets about me when traveling. Not all the time, but fairly regularly... things like following.<P>Last weeks trip (same job, same place), I called her early afternoon to tell her I had a babysitter and was going to buddies house to watch Monday night football. She said "OK real busy right now…I'll call you later tonight" 1 AM rolls around and still no call. I call her cell and she's a sleep. Just told her I wanted to say good night and didn’t want to wait up any longer for her call. She says "I didn’t call because you were out watching game & I'm tired right now I'll talk to you in the morning" No big deal, I'm not upset at all. In general, a pleasant conversation. I get up early the next morning for her call and the morning comes and goes without a call. She finally calls me @ about 6pm. We have the normal how was your day thing and all the time I'm waiting to see if she will even acknowledge the fact that she was supposed to call and didn't. Nothing. So when she was ready to say good bye, I tell her that it really bothers me that she doesn't even mention anything about blowing me off 2 consecutive times. She gets defensive about being me being over critical. After some more not so nice conversation, I end it with "just don’t make promises if you don't plan on following through or acknowledging one that was missed.<P>This week she stayed in town long enough to see the kids first day of school on Tuesday. Very cool, big change from last year. She has a flight 1.5 hours after school pick-up time and the schools on the way to the airport, So we agree to drive 2 cars to a kids restaurant close to the school. Drop 1 off 1 car, get the kids from school and return to the restaurant to let her spend some time with the kids before leaving. All good. We leave the house and I tell her I'll meet her in the restaurant parking lot. I get to the restaurant, park my car, and watch her blow by the place on the cell phone. I call her cell (call-waiting shows my cell phone) and leave message about she forgot me. A few minutes later she returns my call and says she was just busy talking and forgot.<P>It just appears that when she travels it is "out of sight out of mind". We've spoke about this several times before and it still continues. I understand business travel, I used to do it quite a bit, but nothing and I mean nothing would ever prevent me from letting my wife know she was on my mind. On the rare occasion that I did forget, I felt bad and would tell her immediately.<P>Last night when we spoke I told her how much it hurts to feel forgotten about when she travels (same old story). This time I added something more that’s been on my mind and in my heart for some time but never really said out right. I told her that I know she is busy when away working (oh yea we're talking about non-office time after 6pm) but that I have had the unfortunate burden of seeing how she acts when separated by distance from someone she cares about when traveling (the OM). Calls 5 - 6 times a day, text messaging flirtatious things, emails, etc. I asked her when is it my turn. All she could tell me is "I'm sorry you feel that way" then good night. I know this is a LB for her, but I couldn't keep it in any longer<P><BR>I'm starting to feel like my kids (4 & 6) when they start jumping up and down and screaming "look at me!!!, Over here!!, I want attention!" I can also tell my Taker is now in overdrive.<P>Have any of you ever felt this way. What did you do to get past it? Any other opinions?<BR>

R
R
Hi Hi Infidelity,<P>I think you and your wife need to reconnect. In Harley's books he says a "minimum" of 15 hours a week together is what's required for a good solid marriage. <P>Have you and your wife explored the idea she may need to take herself off the road. Perhaps change jobs? I know that sounds radical, but what is the alternative if she doesn't?<P>I'm speaking from experience. I use to travel all the time, my H was very lonely for me, but I was career driven and although he told me we were fine, it turned out WE WEREN'T! He had an A. As I look back I know we sepnt no where near 15 hrs together a week.<P>Then flash forward 9 years. New job for me, again career driven. My H works nights. We spent approx 8 hours a week together, but most of the time it was rushed due to our night/day schedules. Again I ask my H "are we alright" and he says YES .... NOT! Affair #2.<P>Apparently I must have sensed things weren't quite right both those times, or I wouldn't have asked.<P>Do what you can to spend time together, life is too short, careers are NOT family, and without family what's the point?<P>Just my nickels worth.<P>Lv,<BR>Jo

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,084 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation