Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
Normally adults are considered to be responsible for their actions. If they steal or kill they will be prosecuted. However, when it comes to infidelity we are prepared to overlook the fact that every adult is responsible for his or her actions. We try to justify their act by saying there in a fog, they have unmet emotional needs, etc. Try using some of this logic in a criminal court case. In my situation my wife has cooly and calmly decided that she wants me in her life as her husband, provider and father of our children. She has made it clear her body, thoughts and actions are hers to control so if she wants to experience feelings for another thats her right and no one can influence her. She has taken full responsibility for her actions. No fog or nothing of the sort. Her values and morals are different and she believes it to be her right to control her life. The jury is out.

B
B
Hmmmm... Interesting question. Sort of reminds me of this song that asks, "If you were arrested for being a Christian, would there be any evidence to convict you???"<P>If infidelity is considered a criminal act, my defense would be "demonically influenced and oppressed due to sexual addiction, immorality, and lust" which, in today's terms probably would mean I'm innocent by means of insanity or a chemical imbalance in my brain or depends on what is IS?

M
M
I think that alot of people really don't understand what "FOG" really is.<BR>It's not a condition.....it's a total state of confusion.<BR>It's unreality.....it's doing what you want....putting yourself before others......choosing the path that those around you think is wrong.<BR>Everyone in the world is capable of being enveloped in the fog.....looking back.....I've been there too.<P>I to have been in a state of confusion over the love that I had....or did not have for my husband at one time. I let myself get emotionally involved with someone else....which made the confusion even worse.<P>I got to a point where I was forced to make a choice.<BR>I chose my husband....he forgave me and for a few months our marriage was better than it has ever been.<BR>BUT...we fell back into old patterns after a while and ended up right back in that cycle where nobody budges.<P>You are correct when you say that your wife has total control of herself.....we are the only people that can control over ourselves. She can make the decisions to control herself......but at what cost to others.<BR>How much is she allowed to hurt you and your family to get what SHE wants.<P>Just like killing....there is no excuse for infidelity....no matter what your marital problems are.<BR>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 140 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation