Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
terri Offline OP
OP Offline
T
... this fall.<P>I personally find the whole "reality" show stuff to be revolting, but I find this particular show the most despicable and revolting of all of them.<P>I think we truly need to mount a boycott campaign against Fox, against the sponsors of this disgusting travesty they are attempting to call entertainment.<P>Don't know how effective it would be, but maybe we can make a dent? What do you all think?<P>------------------<BR>terri<BR><B>Courage</B><P>Whatever course you decide upon,<BR>there is always someone to tell you<BR>that you are wrong.<P>There are always difficulties arising<BR>which tempt you to believe that your <BR>critics are right.<P>To map out a course of action <BR>and follow it to an end <BR>requires courage.<P><I>Ralph Waldo Emerson</I>

O
O
.....I agree and there is another show about 8 single men & 8 single women on a yacht. Show anger and frustration and they weren't even married~!!!!! <P>More hollywood being stupid at other people's expenses. But you know what? People out there enjoy watching others suffer. Wonder if that part of the Neilsen ratings are made up of OPs? <P>Funny thing? H saw the advertising for the boat show and thought it was disgusting. Hm...... <P>L.

N
NSR Offline
N
Oh yes...<P>I still haven't taken the "block" off FOX from my dish...<BR>...it's a good thing too!<P>It's bad enough to broadcast immorality on closed(pay/per) airwaves...<BR>Why must we be abused over public airways!...<P>When I find the list of "sponsors"...<BR>(as I found last year at <A HREF="http://www.parentstv.org/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.parentstv.org/</A> )...<BR>...I will have to <B>permanently</B> boycott them this time!<P>...oh yes... I'm gearing up for more letter writing!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

T
terri Offline OP
OP Offline
T
^ Up-sie!<P>t

K
K
I must admit that I love Survivor, but Temptaion Island needs to go. Why can't they encourage more couples shows and if they win they can go on a cruise together.

D
D
Obviously enough people watch this stuff to make it worth Fox's while to run it. Because broadcast TV is not about delivering entertainment, it's about delivering eyeballs to advertisers. <P>We are a strange society. We talk a lot about family values and the traditional family and a breakdown in morality, and yet if you run a show like this (or another Fox immortal, WHO WANTS TO MARRY A MULTIMILLIONAIRE), the ratings skyrocket.<P>The irony is that Fox, which is part of the same company that operates "All Gary Condit All The Time TV", otherwise known as Fox News Channel, and the New York Post (that bastion of dignified news), is owned by News Corporation, the company headed up by conservative tycoon Rupert Murdoch.<P>Does anyone else think there's a bit of a disconnect between devoting 24 hours of coverage to supposed moral outrage about a Congressman's infidelity (let's not even talk about the LACK of coverage given to the conservative mayor of Waterbury, CT, up on charges of soliciting 9- and 10-year-olds for sex); and putting infidelity up on their broadcast channel for entertainment?

G
G
TV programming sucks for the most part. I've not seen the "Temptation..." series and will most probably not tune in this fall. I'd much rather play on my 'puter than watch TV.....any day!

P
P
I also hated that show. It really disgusted me. I also found it very sad that people would go on a show like that and put their relationships thru it.<P>What kind of message, does it send our youth?

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 462 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation