Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
H
I'm here. My best friend lives 15 miles from the pentagon and she said they could hear the "booms". <P>I finally got through to her yesterday and she and her family are fine. However, she has alot of friends that work at the pentagon and she was currently taking care of a 2-month old.<P>She didn't even know the kids name. The father came to see her hysterical because his wife worked at the pentagon and he hadn't heard from her (neighbors that you know, but don't really know). He was going to go look for his wife and needed someone to watch his kid until the grandfather could drive down...<P>I haven't been able to get through to find out what happened yet. I just pray that God look out for everyone and their families that were involved in that tragedy. It makes me so happy that they were able to pull at least some people out of the rubble last night. I hope and pray they will find some more today.<P>HbH

R
R
Myself, H and sons are all fine up here in Toronto. My heart is with America now. If we could all only curl up with our familys now and hold on tight.<P>Take care.

S
SKM Offline
S
Hi, checking in. My H and I work about 3-4 blocks from the White house, and we, too were evacuated fairly early - though we couldn't actually leave the city until 1:30.<P>We both stayed home from work - just simply because I could not focus on anything else but the terrible loss of life. Fortunately, I brought home work with me - enough for two days, so I am telecommuting from home. So, yes, the government is still operating.<P>I used to work for the Corps of Engineers many years ago and they had offices in the Pentagon. I visited there many times during those years, and just pray for the lives of former colleagues, their families, and for all of the hardworking people in that building, that serve our country everyday.<P>My heart absolutely bleeds for the people of NY city, and the innocent people who died on the planes. They are saying that - possibly - the fourth plane was headed either to Camp David or another target in DC - maybe even the White House. Though we do not know where they were headed, there is speculation that perhaps the people on-board prevented the target from reaching its destination. If that is the case, I probably my owe my life to those people.<P>I pray for our country, I pray for our President, and I pray for the victims and their families.

B
B
Here and ok. My prayers to those who are suffereing a loss of loved ones because of this tradegy.<BR>

F
F
Checking in... I live in upstate NY (4 hours from NYC). I work on a military installation as does my H and exH (3 different sites). I have not been affected directly, but am stunned along with you all. We are all on call and high alert.<P>I have talked with Discovery2000 and she's about an hour north of me.<P>My prayers for everyone!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

S
S
I'm alive and kicking over here but feeling a tad quilty. My H is military and due home in three days after having been gone for the last 6 months and as tragic as this is all I can seem to think is just don't let it interfer with my H coming home again. HOw selfish of me I'm sure.<BR>I'm prepared for dealing with him not being able to come home, I've stopped counting the days with my kids just in case but I can't help but want him home first.<BR>My prayers to everyone.

J
J
I live in the South but am stuck in Palo Alto right now. I don't know when I'll be able to get home. <P>My 8 yo daughter has been wondering how close New York was to home and me. Mom assured her I was all right (I was supposed to be on a plane yesterday). D had to locate everything on a map to be reassured we all were safe.<P>My heart goes out to those who were really in danger.<P>Jeffers

S
S
Hi everyone!! I got an email from Cali earlier asking me to stop and check in, I haven't even had time to stop and look here in a long time, so sorry! <P>Well, I'm here, and I'm just fine, and no of no one personally who was involved in the disaster thank goodness! I'm a good 5-6 hours from there in fact, this is a much larger state than alot of people realize who are not here. Thank you all for your concern, and I do hope that all our MB family is ok and safe.<P>NY

S
SEM Offline
S
Hi everyone, Keep Smiling and I are still here in Denver, Just felt I should check in as well. I had a really rough day yesterday, with all this news. I learned of 3 more As. So I am having mixed feelings, I feel bad that I am thinking so much about myself and our marriage, while so many people across our country are dealing with much worse. <P>I was also sent home due to my mental state with the As while they called every Officer in to work 12 to 14 hour shifts. I felt like I let all my fellow Officers down, I am so glad nothing happened that they would have needed me. I would have gone back in if something happened but it doesn't make me feel anybetter. <P>It was very strang not seeing or hearing planes fly over last night, I live between two airports. The only planes we heard or saw were Airforce jets flying over, last night, very strang feeling.

L
LAD Offline
L
I am here and calmer today. Son flew out of NY all last week (NY to LA) and didn't know when he was off after that. He called early and said he was OK and in Atlantic City. My thoughts go out to anyone in that area and families directly affected. LAD

L
L
Lisa here.<P>Have lots of relatives in NY., but so far no bad news. H was able to get through to his best friend on his cell who was working in Manhattan...friend lost several co-workers...<P>The eeriest part is that the 2 planes leaving Boston had to fly right over my house.<P>We have a long road ahead. My blessings & prayers to all.

O
O
I am also Canadian and cannot express how shocked and saddened I am for our neighbours to the south and for the entire global village. Yesterday, the world as I knew it changed so fundamentally that it will never be the same to me again. I send my sympathies to everyone that has been touched by these horrors.<P>I have close family in the U.S. who are all accounted for and safe. I am sorry that there are families who cannot breathe a sigh of relief.

P
P
We live near Boston but Tony's sister lives near the World Trade Towers in NYC. It took us till late afternoon early evening before we could reach her. Thank God they are ok. They were in the process of getting ready for work when the first plane hit. They heard the noise and ran out to see what happened. She said all they could see was smoke and people running towards them. <P>Meg said that everything in her neighborhood was shut down. Only a couple of Mom and Pop type stores were opened. I am so greatful now that they live in the old part of the downtown on the other side of Cannal. They could have been seriously injured. They could not get out of the city even if they had wanted to come up here. They shut down all the subways, bridges, and trains. <P>Today Logan and Boston are taking a beating on how lax security was and how many disidants live in the Boston area. A few months ago a local news agency did a report on how easy it is to gain access to restricted areas. This is an issue that Logan knew about and choose to do nothing. I have heard reports from people that work at the airport how easy it was to even just hop of the fence. Not sure what is going to happen. Right now all the vehicles are being removed and Logan has to do about 200 things before it can re-open. It is a shame that if they had improved security this might not have happened.<BR>

M
M
Hi, I am safe in the MIdwest. After the awful terrorist events, I feel like my problems are very small and manageable. I'm trying to rebuild trust, slowly. I wish everybody well.

S
S
Hi,<P>I am in NC, have a sister in MD and she said the state of MD is shut down. Prayers go out to all.

F
F
I'm originally from NY, 15 miles outside city, but now down south. I live near a major military base and things there are pretty frightening. <P>Have lot's of friends and family working in the city. So far, all accounted for. However, no one knows for sure how many through the grapevine.<P>I offer sympathy and support to all the victims and their families. This is an awful tragedy for all of us and we will forever be changed.<P>

S
S
Hi I am on Long Island N.Y. about an hour from manhattan, We are all okay. H is helping, he is a cop. Waiting and praying for people trapped hoping for a miracle. God bless America Love Sally

M
M
OK here in MD. Prayers and positive thoughts going out for all. God Bless.

X
X
We're fine.....but my next door neighbor (a widow, who lives alone) works in the Pentagon and didn't call us until 10:00 pm last night.....we were worried sick! She was sitting in a hotel bar in Crystal City sipping a Martini!<BR>I read her the Riot Act!<P>Prayers for the untold thousands of people who still don't know the fate of their loved ones.....<P>Xman

F
F
Hi Everyone,<BR>We had another prayer vigil at church this evening....we are all OK....I live in the south...my prayers go out to all the families who have lost loved ones as well as all the people who have loved ones assisting with the recuse efforts both in Washington and NY....God Bless America and I pray that the people of this great nation will come together and realize that they must get on their knees and pray to God to deliver us from these attacks!! Wake up call everyone.....<BR>On a personal note....I haven't been posting lately....H is still at home but for how long, I really don't know....no real improvement in our situtation.....he is still not committed to saving the marriage so I don't have much hope anymore....wish I had better news....still won't move away from OW at work.....same old story....<P>------------------<BR>always-faith4us

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation