Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
Zorweb Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
To all,<P>There is not a lot most of us can do for the victims of the terrorist attacks and their friends and families. Many people in our country are mourning the deaths of friends and family today. We are all mourning the attack on our country. It's hard for many of us to go on with life as usual today but I understand the need for it. We must show those who wish to destroy us and our way of life that they cannot bring us to our knees. But is is also important that we show the world our horror and solidarity.<P>I was thinking that it would be good for all Americans to have a way to publicly display or feelings of grief and support for the victims of this tragedy. I also think it would be good to show the world solid support for our President and leaders in the effort to fight this war.<P>I recall that in Europe people wear a back band on their sleeves when they are in mourning. I think that's where the expression "showing emotions on your sleeve comes from. Perhaps we, all Americans and even people worldwide who support the fight against terrorism could wear a back ribbon on their lapels to show their grief and support.<P>Please pass this on to everyone on your mailing list if you agree.<P>God Bless,<P>Z<P>------------------<BR>He loves not who does not show love.<BR>----William Shakespeare

P
P
Good idea Zorweb - not only for Americans but for all the other countries in the world that are grieving with them. I learned from the Foreign Office today that one of the companies on floors 103, 104 of one of the WTC towers was a British company, employing over 1000 people.... I believe that 26 different countries were represented within those two buildings - President Bush was so right when he said that this was not just an attack on America, but an attack on the whole of the democratic world... I'll start e-mailing everyone I know now...<P>Love Paint.

P
P
Zorweb - your message has now gone out to people in Belgium, England, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. Let the people of the world show their abhorrence for any acts of terrorism, and their deep respect for those that have died.

Z
Zorweb Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Thanks Paintbox....<P>I'm thinking of making up a bunch of ribbons and taking them to the TV stations here in town. Just going to cut them a few inches long, loop them around once and put a safety pin on them. Nothing fancy, this is not about money or anything like that, just about letting the world know who we feel.<P>Z<P>------------------<BR>He loves not who does not show love.<BR>----William Shakespeare

I like that idea very much...I'll go to the store tonight if I can..keep it simple too..it's about the only thing I can do. I'll give blood when they are taking people for it.<BR>Thanks!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 473 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation