Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Q
OP Offline
Q
First, I am so sorry about your dad's diagnosis. <P>I remember when my mom told me about her breast cancer seven years ago (like it was yesterday, actually)... she seemed strangely calm, I guess to help me to stay calm. Her cancer was very agressive, and although she got a second opinion (which, by the way, your dad might consider doing too) the prognosis was the same -- immediate surgery.<P>From the day we found out until about a week later, I was fine. I think I was in denial. Then, the day before the surgery, I fell onto my knees in the kitchen, right in the middle of doing the dishes, and bawled my eyes out, prayed and sat there crumpled -- I think it was about an hour I was there.<P>Yes, she is still with us (Praise God) and I know not everyone's story is the same (types of cancer, agressiveness, etc.) but God is still in the miracle business, and your dad could be the guy to get one. I pray it is so.<P>Know that strangers (friends?) here at MB are praying for your dad, and for you.<P>~Sheryl<p>[This message has been edited by Nyneve (edited September 27, 2001).]

S
S
Thank-you sheryl, I just read that to thinker (she's in bed) and she found it comforting.

E
E
Ok snl - go spoon.

Q
OP Offline
Q
You're welcome, snl. I'm sure this is affecting you also. Take care, okay??

Q
OP Offline
Q
<I>Up for Thinker in the morning ^</I>

Q
OP Offline
Q
Would anyone like to add anything?? A message to thinker??

K
K
Thinker,<P>Be strong, but know that it's ok to cry. Letting out your emotions is a part of being strong. <P>Stay positive, but don't neglect to talk about your fears. It feels better once it's all out in the open. <P>Give to your father, but don't forget to take every precious moment and store it with the other treasures inyour heart. For when frightening things like this happen, it is an experience that can help you realize not only the depth of your love for your father, but to fertilize in you a greater, more intimate respect for life in general. It helps you to hold those close to you even closer. <P>My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer right around Xmas 1999. What a gift indeed. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] She is now cancer free. I wish the same providence for your father. Please be there for him as much as you can; take care of yourself, too.<P>Sincerely,<P>Khyra <p>[This message has been edited by Khyra (edited September 28, 2001).]

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 728 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation