Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2927208 11/02/01 01:22 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Hope you're OK. Haven't heard from you here for a while. Check in, you are a real inspiration to MANkind.<p>Jay

#2927209 11/03/01 04:40 PM
R
R
Thanks for asking. This is some kind of coincidence, because I haven't logged on in awhile.<p>There really hasn't been much to update for me, in the grand scheme of things. I think I can safely say that I don't aspire to be with my wife again. My Plan B drifted back to communication where necessary. She appears content to move on, still denies relationship with OM, yet did tell me that I'd have to "accept things". She refused to elaborate on what "things" were.<p>I'd want to rebuild given that chance, for the kids sake, but I have no desire to be with her, so therefore, even if she asked, I believe I would not be able to do it. Too many lies, too much deception, and too much of it seems to be part of a life long pattern. I've learned alot over the past year and a half.<p>I'm a content person. I don't like how things went, and it makes me very sad that my kids won't grow up with their Mom and Dad together. But I can't change that. I did what I could.<p>I figure I've done all I can to save my marriage. Like many others have said, Plan A was good for me. I've still got a way to go, because I don't have a busy social life. I spend alot of time either working or with the kids, and there is always cleaning, washing, and regular house chores to do. But I enjoy what I do, and have good friends around me.<p>I expect D will be brought up soon. It can be done now. We'll see what happens.<p>I'll try and check in more often. Thanks again.

#2927210 11/03/01 06:14 PM
S
S
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rick37:
<strong>
I'll try and check in more often. Thanks again.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>See that you do. Glad that you are doing well, but I always knew you would.

#2927211 11/03/01 07:27 PM
C
C
Hey Rick!<p>Glad to "see" you. I am happy to see that you are doing well.<p>take care,
cleo

#2927212 11/03/01 10:34 PM
T
T
Good to see that you still lurk around here every now and then... [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I've been wondering... how is that neighbour friend of yours holding up? (the one who lost his wife suddenly, after just having a new baby). Have you brought him a casserole lately? (grin.. I know... it's a little bit past that stage... but then again, maybe not.).<p>Karen

#2927213 11/04/01 10:49 AM
R
R
He is doing OK. Has his hands full with 4 children, but he is a great person, and the kids are lucky for that. No casserole, but I did bake him a dessert two weeks ago.<p>Hope you are doing well.

#2927214 11/04/01 11:56 AM
A
A
Just glad to hear what's happening with you Rick! It sounds like you are doing great. Even though things haven't gone the way you had hoped, isn't it great to know you really did all you could. You at least really tried! You have lucky kids! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

#2927215 11/05/01 01:37 AM
C
OP Offline
C
You quote:<p>"Too many lies, too much deception, and too much of it seems to be part of a life long pattern. I've learned alot over the past year and a half."<p>Mega Dittos friend! I always knew my XW was capable of doing what she did, a life long pattern , yes indeedy. Keep on learning and being the great Dad (and Mom) you are. I feel like the Dad and the Mom all too often, although I only see my daughter every other weekend.<p>All my prayers and best to you!!
[ November 04, 2001: Message edited by: catamount82 ]<p>[ November 04, 2001: Message edited by: catamount82 ]</p>

#2927216 11/05/01 01:41 AM
O
O
Hiya Rick, <p>Good to hear from you. Baked a dessert? What a guy!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I am glad to hear you are doing ok. Despite the odds you are surviving and an encouragement to us all. <p>Take Care,
L.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation