Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
I'm hoping Twyla or anyone else with medical knowledge can help with this.<p>I'm BS and insisted on STD testing, which was done shortly after D-day. H and I both tested positive for Chlamydia by blood test. While going over the results with us, our doctor noted the positivity of our titers, commenting that mine was higher, "but that's normal because the female anatomy provides a better growing environment". H claims not to have heard her explanation for my higher titer.<p>After discovering I had Chlamydia, I called my OB-GYN's office to see if I had a test for Chlamydia as part of my prenatal lab work. They checked my records and confirmed that I was tested for it in June 1999 and that I tested negative.<p>H is now suspicious of me because he says that he told the OW about the positive test and that she should get tested (this after refusing to let me inform her of her need to be tested [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img] , but I'll save that part of the story for another thread), and he says that she tested negative for Chlamydia and he "saw the print-out".<p>I have not had sexual contact with anyone other than my H since I met him over 10 years ago, and he claims his only outside contact was with this one OW, so my question is: Is there any other way other than sexual contact for this disease to be transmitted? Could I have been contaminated during exams during my pregnancy or during subsequent Pap smears (the only times my genitals have come in contact with other human beings)?<p>I know WSs tend to project their stuff on to BSs, but this is getting ridiculous! Anyway, assuming the facts are as related, is there any possible medical explanation for this? Thanks for any light you can shine on this.<p>As an addendum, H's story is that OW was given a single injection of antibiotics after her blood was drawn for the test. Apparently this was done presuming she was exposed and her doctor was later displeased to find there was no need for it because now it won't work as well if there is a future need. H says he believes her story "because she's not smart enough to make anything up about this kind of stuff".<p>I have no idea what this is about. Our doctor treated us only after the results came back positive, and the treatment was one single dose of Cipro in tablet form followed by one week of doxycycline.<p>Conqueror<p>[ November 17, 2001: Message edited by: Conqueror ]</p>

C
OP Offline
C
Bump--still hoping for some help w/this.

B
B
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Conqueror:
<strong>Bump--still hoping for some help w/this.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>I have not been posting much but all I have to say is your husband has alot of nerve being the one who brought this disease into your body and is now suspicious of you.

T
T
Conqueror--<p>Twyla mostly posts in Recovery...did you post this there as well??

T
T
Here is a link with facts re: chlamydia<p>http://www.umr.edu/~umrshs/chlamyd.html

T
T
Conquerer,
sorry it took me awhile to see this..I usually camp out on Recovery.
I'm a little confused..Chlamydia testing is usually done with a swab..either the cervix or the penis. It is not unusual to get a negative swab especially if the medical provider doesn't swab throughly for about a minute. And it is commonly treated with either a Gram of Zithromax, or a weeks worth of Doxycyline...both are oral medications..not injections.
As far as titers..I have never heard of doing a titer for chlamydia.. So, I would recheck your medical records. Something ain't adding up.
T

C
OP Offline
C
Beautiful,
I figure that kind of projection is pretty common, and I told him that's exactly what it was. More disturbing to me was the purposeful contact w/OW behind my back without exploring any other alternatives to alleviate his suspicions. I explained to him that it is an echo of his original decision to have the A w/o exploring any other options, and it is he and OW conspiring behind my back again. Told him I was willing to take a lie detector test and reminded him that it has been me all along requesting and practicing Radical Honesty.<p>When I have more time, I plan to start a new thread on the issues surrounding this latest development because I bet this projection and double standard is something a lot here have dealt with.<p>[ November 19, 2001: Message edited by: Conqueror ]</p>

C
OP Offline
C
Thanks, Twyla, for the additional info. All we had were blood tests prior to our visit to the doctor. It was from that lab work that she determined we were positive for Chlamydia, so it had to be a blood test since I hadn't had the pelvic exam yet.<p>We have a follow-up appointment with our doctor in a couple weeks, so maybe we can get into it with more detail w/her then and at least find out about our tests. What the OW's testing and lab work consisted of, I have no idea since I wasn't deemed worthy to be included in the loop on that. [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Our treatment, though, seems to fit the standard you're familiar with.<p>As I told H, knowing what I know about MY sexual contacts (1 partner in 10+ years) and knowing what little I know about OW (willing to destroy a family to get what she wants) and knowing what I now know about H (A and repeated deception), I'm the least likely source of this STD.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 697 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation