Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2933164 12/03/01 03:20 PM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 285
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 285
So many of us seem to be extra down on everything right now. Personally, I think the added pressure of the holidays has alot to do with it. So many extra pressures. Need to try and be cheerfull for the kids and give them a good holiday. Dealing with facing people at parties, and for me dealing with pressure from family, parents and stuff. They know, even though I have'nt told them everything, they just know. They want me to fly home for Christmas, but I just can't do it. It's hard enough to go thru the motions for our son. I just don't have the energy for alot of other people.<p>So I think the time of year is taking an extra toll on all of our emotions.

#2933165 12/03/01 03:34 PM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,196
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,196
needing-<p>I understand the emotions you are describing. They really hit me hard this weekend. To think that I would be spending Christmas with someone that really doesn't want to spend time with me...<p>The other night WW and I went out to eat and to do some shopping for the kids. There were ground rules of course, no holding hands, sit across from each other rather than next to, etc. It was a nice evening but we were not really able to 'share' it if you know what I mean.<p>When we got back to pick up our kids from our friend's home, I saw their dog and called it over. I couldn't believe how much love and attention I was giving that dog for a few minutes. It seemed happy, at least as happy as a dog could seem, to receive the time and attention. I didn't want to stop, I just wanted to be with someone that I could share my time and attention with and not feel like I was making them uncomfortable. I almost cried while playing with and hugging that dog. Oh, I wanted to have the chance to share that with kind of attention and happiness with my W.<p>Sorry, this got long. I just wanted to say, I know how tired you get. I keep looking for the positive things and keep working on myself but I do get lonely, even though I'm not alone.<p>HoFS

#2933166 12/03/01 05:21 PM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 127
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 127
Needing,<p>It tough for all of us. This will be my last x-mas with WS. Papers have been delivered from me. Being the BS, my WS took this holiday away from me. I will make sure that the kids have a great holiday, but it's not the same. I don't enjoy the x-mas music like I used to. I'm in no mood to put up lights or the tree. I know I'm not the only one, but you have to do for the children. Remember - it only gets better.<p>
HoFS -<p>You know, you don't have to say sorry. I think all of us feel this way one time or another. My WW has been calling me superdad (in a mean way)for the past 6 months because she thinks I am treating the children with more attention. Plus, the lack of attention from her. Well, it's because they need it now more then ever, plus as much as I love them and show them that, I need the affection that has been missing in my life. <p>Dino


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0