Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
OP Offline
R
Wondering how everyone is feeling.<p>With Christmas approaching I'm sure everyone here has several balls in the air, handling additional stresses on top of dealing with the infidelity in your marriage. So, please let us know ... how are you feeling. We care.<p>Love,
Jo

L
L
Happy Holidays Jo:<p>Me, I feel like crap (see my post). I bet all my H's OW are having a wonderful Holiday. Me, still miserable...Bah! Hum, Bug!<p>Lisa

R
OP Offline
R
Hi ya, Louser!<p>Happy Holidays back at ya ....<p>Me? I feel like CacaLaca, really do. I plan on sleeping thru Christmas eve and day. Reasons are two fold. Aside from feelng down, I'm coming down with something and having problems breathing. Probably Anthrax ..... Jeeeez! I sure sound positive and upbeat.<p>Signed,
The Grinche

A
A
Hello! Merry X-Mas and thanks a lot for asking [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] .<p>I am doing a bit better, baby steps, everyday is a new one and I can try my best to beat the beast and move forward.<p>I am feeling good, I am lucky I don't even feel pregnant, no queasyness no nothing, this promises to be a smooth expecting period.<p>WH is doing good and plan A'ing me like crazy. I still have my downs but I am trying to make it all ups. So far so good.<p>Hugs to everybody!

S
S
How am I feeling? HMMMM! That's a good question. I am not really sure.<p>I am EXCITED for XMAS for my kids and can't wait to see them open their gifts on Christmas morning.<p>I am EXHAUSTED because all of the kids have been sick this past week and in trying to get them healthy and get ready for Christmas, I don't know how much energy I have left.<p>I am SAD because my H and my goal was for him to be home before Christmas and here it is the 20th and no signs of him moving home. He is, however, staying the night on Christams Eve and I am not real sure how I feel about that one yet.<p>So I guess to summarize how I feel would be OVERWHELMED.<p>Wishing you all the best over the Holidays and I am still hopeful that I will get my Christmas Miracle. I actually asked my husband the other day if I would be getting my Christmas Miracle and his response was "You never know."<p>Take care.<p>Michele

E
E
Good question....<p>I don't feel all that great...<p>W (WS) is still somewhere out there emotionally etc...no commitment to us and says she may move out again. Swell.<p>F--just returned from Hospital...
FIL---diagnosed w/cancer two months ago...
Lots of job stress for me.<p>Let's just say there is way too much stress in my life. *Big Sigh*<p>I will make it thru Christmas, though and hope that 2002 is better than 2001. It has to be, right?<p>Thanks for asking...<p>Ask me again this time next year. <p>E

N
N
I'm feeling...well...notheard. <p>I'm jumping up and down now trying to get attention. I even changed my subject heading to try and make it sound spicier:<p>HELP!!!Where do you get details about weddings? (OW wedding - I wanna talk to Fiance) <p>If anyone can help I am in/on the recovery board.<p>I may just hijack every thread in a minute here.<p>Sigh...guess I'm just feeling like a cry baby today and I feel like telling... Telling on you guys for no replys, and telling on OW to fiance.

C
C
This year absolutely sucked (for lack of a better term!). I'm ending the year by filing bankruptcy (you know, for counseling, medical bills for S, credit cards, etc, etc, etc). But I feel like I've gone through a spiritual breakthrough over the past couple of months, so I feel like no matter what happens, I'll be okay. I figure I'll just spend Christmas being fat and happy! [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>By the way you guys - I've found out I'm definitely having another boy! I have to deal with THREE of them now (counting the H! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] )

R
R
I'm hopeful because W and I are in MC and I have seen some positive steps (coming very slowly).<p>I'm also getting very sad because I am thinking this may be our last Christmas together as a family (we have 2 boys--4 & 2).

T
T
I was gonna say sad...but that is not it...not really...then it hit me...<p>I feel fragile...

S
S
You know I feel HAPPY. what a surprise, I think this is the 1st time in the last 3 Christmas I do feel this way. I am a big gift person, I want my gifts, & I am happy even knowing there will really not be any for me. I know my kids will have gotten something, my parents sent money, which went to car insurance, bills etc, & so did my in laws <p>But I am happy, looking forward to everything. For me it is such a relief wondering if everything I do will my make STBX mad, <p>now if I only had not inivited him for Christmas morning, what was I thinking, I know I wanted to tick the OW off, never thought he really come, of course he hasn't shown yet. <p>We makeing candy, gingerbread men, cover pretlzles tonight.<p>Wishing all of you the peace that I have found, I am sure I will cry as it will be the 1st time in 22 yrs without STBX but I am going to stop letting him ruin my life.<p>Happy Holidays

R
OP Offline
R
Bump ....

P
P
It certainly will not be the same with WW not here. I thought about asking her to spend Christmas eve and eat breakfast. I know she will be very lonely but she has been almost impossible to talk to on the phone and sons do not want her here. Ww has gotten meaner each day. If this is fog ... I think she should have melted it away by now. Will spend the day with my family 30 miles away.

D
D
I'm angry. Won't see the kids until the day after christmas. Hav'nt even gone shopping yet.
This was the worst year of my life, hea maybe 2002 will be better!! Things are looking up already

M
M
I actually feel pretty good this year but it pains me to see the others heading into thier first Christmas without thier spouse. It is terrifying and heartbreaking and I really feel it with them. <p>My first Christmas - Dec 99 - without my family was like a waking nightmare. I lost my entire family that year. My H of 20 years left me in May, my beautiful 18 yr old son was killed in Oct and my 17 yr old left in Nov to go live with his Dad. I had no family for 1300 miles and thought I was going to die. I have never been so heartbroken in my life. So anything after that hell of 1999 has been a vast improvement. <p>Fast forward to 2001 and I find that I have so much to be grateful for. My marriage to my new hubby is wonderful and getting better every day, despite a rocky start. My 17 year old [now 19!] visits me 3X a year and our relationship is better than ever. It's been a long hellish road but I have experienced some real peace this year and am very grateful for what I have now. <p>I miss my boy alot.

M
M
Hey Jo!!<p>Well, for once I can say I'm feeling GREAT!! This is actually the first Christmas since God knows when that I can say that! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] I think it helps that I'm dating the most truly remarkable man! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Hey CB!
Congrats on the baby boy! I know how you're feeling though. I have 3 sons! YIKES!! <p>Mitzi [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

B
B
Understatement: I am HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! <p>lol<p>This has got to be the best Christmas coming upon us in at LEAST 6 years, maybe 7?? (My son will be 8 three days after Christmas)<p>We have been on an emotional rollercoaster, and it's really nice to be on a high for Christmas.<p>I will admit, it does sadden me to see so many in despair, and sadness, not having loved ones with them, and some even angry. I was hesitant about posting how I feel, and read every response before I decided it would be okay. (There were others who are also happy...)<p>I wish a joyous Christmas for everyone, where ever you are [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

T
T
Hmmmmm, well this time last year I had just discovered the A, had barely started bankrupcy proceedings, had a kid using drugs, and my mom was taken to the hospital. If one word sums it up..I was scared.<p>Now, a year later we are making a pretty good progress in recovery, bankrupcy is over and I'm feeling financially relieved, my kid has been clean and sober for over a month, and Mom passed away. None of the things I thought I could get through..I did. I'm thankful.
God Bless Us Everyone.
T

H
H
Jo-<p>Thanks for asking. Feels nice when someone cares.<p>Christmas 2000 I felt like my M was not in a good place and that my W was distant from me. She said she had no idea of what I was talking about.<p>Christmas 2001 I know why my WW was distant from me and I'm not sure if she wants to be together when Christmas 2002 rolls around. I'm still working on the Plan!<p>I'm ok and shopping and giving has helped. The gifts of time, advice, and compassion that I find here are on the forum have been a blessing. Thank you everyone.<p>HoFS

M
M
Not sure exactly how to respond to this. My H is back with OW, yet living in our home until it sells; divorce is right around the corner. I love my H. I think somewhere deep, deep down, he still loves me. On the one hand, I'm angry that he wants to come with me and the kids to do all the usual "Christmas" things. On the other hand, to me that is a teenie spark of hope that he's truly not facing what the end of a marriage is? I don't know. I just ask God each and every day to get us all through this in one piece. <p>I know one thing I am truly greatful for this year: I did not lose anyone in the tragedy of 9/11/01. For that, I am truly greatful.<p>Also, I have a better relationship with God than I've ever had in all my 40 years....<p>PEACE!<p>Kari

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation