Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2940544 01/02/03 03:01 PM
M
Mark H Offline OP
OP Offline
M
It's a new year and I need some advise. I am in recovery from my WW's A. Things have been going smoothly, and we are going along fine, except, there is limited SF. Limited is really too nice a term here. Since she returned, D Day was November 2000, we have been intimate less than ten times, and not since August. My question is this. Since see turns me down when I do ask and never initiates anything, or wants to talk about it, do you think it's time to just end this farce ? I do not consider this a marriage anymore. We have had problems before her A, and she always told me it was not me, well you know what... it is me and it still is. I do not want to end my M but do I even have an M ? I have tried not to push and have followed Plan A and POJA, but you know what... I am not getting this need met.It's not like she has a problem with it ( I know that self gratification is what she is using ) She has told me that I am a wonderful husband, but I guess I am not a wonderful mate. I think I must be the biggest idiot in the world and can't for the life of me figure out why either of us stay ( no kids). Would you stay with someone who doesn't seem to have any desire for you , and if not what's wrong with me ?

#2940545 01/02/03 03:05 PM
D
D
Mark:
I don't know much of your story so forgive my ignorance on these questions:
Have you done the questionnaires on this website? Has your wife?

What books have either of you read on relationships?

DB

#2940546 01/02/03 03:08 PM
O
O
Mark,
It sounds like you are in a stage of making a decision about your future.

I would have to seriously say that I would consider leaving. If you feel that you have done all that you can do, you deserve to be happy and have all of your EN's met.

I stayed married the first time for way too long. In the end, it damaged both of us and our children.

Good luck Mark.

#2940547 01/02/03 03:42 PM
M
Mark H Offline OP
OP Offline
M
W has always wanted to move forward and will not fill out the questionnaires, Books Relationship Rescue I read she did not.
She has an aversion to Counseling from her teen years, unqualified school counselors . Only, what was the final straw ?

#2940548 01/02/03 03:52 PM
G
G
Mark -

Are you making reference to the REO Speedwagon song, "Time For Me To Fly". If not, please listen to it. It might be very fitting to your life right now.

I have been in the same situation as you. It has only been recently that things are better between my W and I. What made it better for my M was my quitting drinking. And even then it took another 6 mos. for SF and we are still working on frequency, etc.

My only suggestion is to tell your W that you are unhappy and tell her bluntly (so there is NO possible misunderstanding) that this might be a marriage killer to you. I would not normally say this here, but you are 2+ years into this...

Might be time for you to fly.

Gib

#2940549 01/02/03 04:17 PM
D
D
Your W has always wanted to move forward but will not fill out questionnaires, read books or do counseling??????

So what has she done to "move forward?"

My H didn't want to do counseling "yet", hasn't read books "yet" but we did do the questionnaires and took those very seriously.

If she doesn't want to talk about your problems, I really don't know what advice to give. If you can say you've tried everything to save your M and it isn't working - that's all you really can do. You can't make her do anything.

I would try one last time to talk openly and honestly with her about SF. Give it one last shot.
DB

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 683 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation