Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#2966699 06/04/03 04:30 AM
E
empc Offline OP
OP Offline
E
thanks for all the advice. plan b would obviously involve separation but this was her idea before and after d day although she hasn't suggested it recently. plan b still sounds like giving her more cake to me. she suggested at one time that i should move out and them we could start dating and she would promise not to see om. she would be rid of me in the house but still have me financially and around for the odd social event were a spouse was required. i can't stand the thought of being used anymore. nobody locally knows she still sees om. i go to work putting on brave face and everyone thinks we're fine.
i think the only thing that would convince her i had had enought would be a lawyers letter for divorce or seperation but i have been afraid to do this for killing my last chance. she still dangles me on an ever lenghtening piece of string whilst telling me that it is up to me to break it.
big row last night she came in to my room to talk which i took as meaning that i had frightened her with threat to divorce but denied that. but instead of giving some reason not to do it she teased me (i hope it was teasing) by suggesting that she had begun an A with another man!!! and then insisted that she was going away next weekt to see a girlfriend. i asked her to put the trip off for the sake of our son who is sitting major exams at present but she refused saying that she had to get away same story for last year trust me but i have to go away. i tell her i have no reason to trust her. then we get back to the usual questions as to why had i teated her so badly for years which i admit is true ( i never had an A though). she doesn't seem to realise that i can't try at this marriage whilst she is having an A but i give up on this point she refuses to get it. i'll have to see a lowyer i have no choice.
sorry to go on i am just venting this morning i know i am only stuck because i choose to be was listening to U2's "stuck in a moment" and "with or without you" last night some songs get better when you are listening to them in hell.

#2966700 06/04/03 07:14 AM
T
T
Nobody said that Plan B is not risky, even the good doctor Harley has said that a separation can turn into a permanent one. But with Plan B you stop fulfilling ALL of her EN's and let her OM take over in that department. It gives her a taste of what reality will be like if the two of you get divorced, and in my book that is definetely NOT letting her have her cake.

Cerri (our MB coach) has wisely said that the problem with staying in Plan A for too long is the danger of the BS losing all love for the WS and head straight towards divorce, even if the WS comes out of his/her fog and expresses a true desire for rebuilding the marriage. I sometimes wonder if people who have an aversion in implementing Plan B, like you, are subconciously wanting for this outcome to happen.

<small>[ June 04, 2003, 07:29 AM: Message edited by: T00MuchCoffeeMan ]</small>

#2966701 06/04/03 09:31 AM
J
J
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> plan b still sounds like giving her more cake to me </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No, Plan B involves you giving her no more of the cake she is getting from you. If the OM can give her enough nourishment to keep her happy, so be it. That does not happen very often, but it does happen.

#2966702 06/04/03 01:21 PM
E
est Offline
E
Just to make sure you knew...

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">she suggested at one time that i should move out and them we could start dating and she would promise not to see om. she would be rid of me in the house but still have me financially and around for the odd social event were a spouse was required. i can't stand the thought of being used anymore. nobody locally knows she still sees om. i go to work putting on brave face and everyone thinks we're fine.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">..is not plan B. That's plan cake-serving or something or a Plan A gone bad.

And you don't need a separation agreement or divorce filing to do Plan B.

Consider Plan B a reasonable alternative to the extremes of further abuse and filing for divorce.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation