Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2974159 07/24/03 10:42 AM
3 boys Offline OP
OP Offline
I have not posted here very much but do alot of reading here and DR's books. I was the WS D-Day was 11/02 we started reading his books and doing his workbook, not doing well with it. We have had set backs and they were my fault. I'm trying to fix those things. But from my reading I'm not sure of something, should I be worried that H has not asked for any details or should I just give them, I don't want to hurt him any more then I have, or will this come with time.

I would like to put this out there also, for some help with. I seem to be having trouble with triggers and I feel like I'm in the fog.

I love and care about my H and our boys and do not want to mess up again and lose all that I have, but someday's I'm at a loss of what to do.

I'm sorry this is long and that I seem to be rambling. I will read all responses.

#2974160 07/24/03 11:29 AM
S
S
3boys

You might want to post this in the Recovery forum where I think it will get more attention.

Hang in there its a long journey not a sudden event.

#2974161 07/24/03 01:26 PM
A
A
Hi 3 boys,
My husband didn't dwell very much on the details either. I just wouldn't push it. He'll ask if he wants to know.

I know I have my days with lots and lots of triggers and want to contact the OM again. Infact, I did after a year of NC. I didn't tell my H about that and I didn't continue contact with the OM. But it's hard. Even though I love, respect and adore my h. We're incredibly compatible, etc., I still miss the OM's friendship terribly.

Hang in there.
Ashirley

#2974162 07/27/03 08:54 PM
R
R
Perusing this MB and being reminded of the pain A's cause everyone involved REALLY helps convince me NEVER to contact OM again!

#2974163 07/27/03 09:27 PM
M
M
3 boys,

He will ask if he wants to know. You are good to be concerned about it but I wouldn't worry unless he says something. If he does ask, hopefully you know how important it is to completely and totally answer every question. And not like a hostile defense witness either, but as someone who WANTS to impart full information. Just your willingness to tell him what he wants to know will do immeasurable good in restoring the trust.

#2974164 07/28/03 09:47 AM
3 boys Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank You everyone for your replies they are all very helpfull.

#2974165 07/28/03 10:13 AM
C
C
3Boys,
Please be careful. Think about your boys and the pain you will cause them if you continue contact with OM. I was the WW and when D-Day occurred, although the A was already over, I was told to leave. Although you cognitively know that you could lose it all, you don't really believe it. (I know- I was right there too). Well, wake up. Your H is being very generous if he is willing to work on your marriage. And that's precisely what you need to do. If you are not already in marriage couseling, not just books but counseling, you need to start now!

One more thought- if OM really did care for you, he would stay away from you and your family. He's not your friend and your not his- you were using him to get your needs met and likewise, he was using you to get his needs met. That's not what friends do to each other. So stay away from him.

I just re-read this post and it's kinda abrasive. I apologise. I really do feel for you, and I have been there, but sometimes we need to be abrasive with ourselves. I wish you the best of luck.

#2974166 07/28/03 10:43 AM
3 boys Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you very much cutter for not beating around the bush, no need for you to be sorry. I'm wondering if sometine's I'm still in the fog? I just really want the SUN to come out and stay out if that make's sense. Thank you again.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (SadNewYorker, 1 invisible), 999 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation