Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2994005 08/24/01 06:52 PM
C
OP Offline
C
I have to take a breather you guys. I've Plan Aed my H for over a year now, and it's done no good. Zip, zilch, nada. I'm 3 months pregnant, and frankly, I barely have the energy to keep myself from knocking him upside the head with a frying pan, let alone Plan A his lying behind.<P>I'm taking a trip to Orlando in November with some girlfriends to get my groove back. I'm going to a writer's conference, and I will be in a costume contest (where I will be on the arm of a delish male model [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ) I'm hoping that I'll be over my resentment of anything with a penis by that point. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>H and I still live together, but that's about it. I suspect that he has a bimbo in the city, but who knows, pregnancy has made me infinitely more paranoid (I saw that he had called a strange number, I did a reverse lookup, and it was some woman named Laura. I asked him about it, he said that it came up on the caller id and he called it back. She then called while I was at home, and when I picked up, said that she had the wrong number. I told her, "no, you don't, but you'd better stop calling my house before I knock you into a different zip code." She hung up. I had H call her back with me listening. He said, "hello, this is T, I want to know why you kept calling my house," and she hung up. So maybe he's for real, I don't know. But I do know he's spending a hell of a lot more time in the city than usual...but I digress.)<P>Michael is doing well. He has had no asthma attacks since my last freak-out post. He's 2 1/2, and he mimics EVERYTHING! He's an adorable child, a tan, blond, golden boy.<P>I'm doing okay other than the marriage. I'm pregnant, and other than bowing down to the porcelain god more than I did on my 21st birthday, getting fat, crying during diaper commercials, and indigestion, I'm fine. <P>Anyway, I just haven't had the time or energy to post here anymore, but that doesn't mean I've forgotten any of you. Plus things seem to have changed a lot...but I won't get into THAT one either. But if anybody wants to keep in touch, I've set up a new e-mail account you can contact me at: it's carolinabelle1979@yahoo.com<P>Good luck you guys, and God Bless,<BR>Ali

#2994006 08/24/01 06:57 PM
Q
Q
Congrats on the pregnancy -- how did I miss that before?-- take good care of you, your son (so glad about the asthma being better, I'm asthmatic, and understand only too well), and your CB-to-be, and I wrote down your email... PLEASE, tell me 1979 was the year you graduated high school [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]... didn't think so... it was the year you were born or something, right? You are young enough to be my DAUGHTER, young lady!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>(((((CB)))))<P>Thanks for many wonderful times on this board... and I will write you, I promise!!<P>Sheryl

#2994007 08/24/01 07:33 PM
C
C
I do miss reading your posts! I am going to miss you around here.<P>I hope you find some peace in your life soon. You sooooo deserve it. <P>take care,<BR>cleo

#2994008 08/24/01 08:00 PM
S
S
Ali,<P>I understand your need for a break. Just remember, it's a sabbatical, not a retirement [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] . You'll use what you've learned here and still be a MBer, no matter how clueless (using the most charitable word I can think of) your H is. We won't forget you while you're gone.<P>BTW, my YS is also a Michael. Great name, IMHO.<P>Take care, and tell us about the book(s) when it(they) come out.<P>Steve<P>

#2994009 08/24/01 09:20 PM
K
K
Haven't seen you much around here,maybe it's because I haven't been looking for trouble ... heheh<P>Will miss you anyways. FInd your happiness and CONGRATS, mommy! Take care and drop in now and then and don't forget about the fun times to be had here [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Love Ya, Khyra

#2994010 08/24/01 10:08 PM
B
B
Will miss you. First things first--get through your pregnancy. Take your iron! Glad to hear about your son's asthma in check. It's a very serious and scary condition, two of my kids have asthmatic lungs so I'm feelin' ya.<P>Keep in touch and don't stop learning MB. Dobson wrote that "Parenting is Not for Cowards" but I believe MARRIAGE is not for cowards either. Keep the faith and keep praying! Will be praying for your family as well...

#2994011 08/25/01 02:26 AM
L
L
CB,<P>I am so sorry to hear your H couldn't keep up with you in the area of personal growth. <P>However, YOU! You sound mauvoooolous!!<P>Farewell us if you must. I guess for an update we're just going to have to read your book jackets! <P>God bless, Sweetie. You touched my life. I'm glad you were in it on this journey. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation